PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II Collectors Edition Item Leaked?

Kaiser
05-19-2009, 05:51 PM
There is a new Blizzard product I have been monitoring for a while. Usually I like to contact the companies for comments and details instead of speculating. However, this time around I will just go ahead for lack of info. It is a product from one of the few companies I have no inner-contacts with. Mikeztarp emailed me today to inform of this product. I had first seen it a month or more before, but kept distance until I could get further details. Looking over Amazon USA, I just noticed it was removed from the database. This makes me think it was an unintended leak. Amazon France is still listing it.

The product is titled The Cinematic Art of StarCraft II: Terrans (http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/1933784555/judgehype-21/ref=nosim). Last year, the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition came out with a book that has the same title header. This very much means this product is the stand-alone version of what is meant to be in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition. It is slated for ... October 1.

Now this is material for some speculation to go on. Mike Morhaime recently announced that StarCraft II beta would start this Summer. Does October 1 sound like a possible release date for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty to you?

ISBN: 1933784555
160 pages

Source: BlizzPlanet (http://www.blizzplanet.com)

Hav0x
05-19-2009, 06:03 PM
There is a new Blizzard product I have been monitoring for a while. Usually I like to contact the companies for comments and details instead of speculating. However, this time around I will just go ahead for lack of info. It is a product from one of the few companies I have no inner-contacts with. Mikeztarp emailed me today to inform of this product. I had first seen it a month or more before, but kept distance until I could get further details. Looking over Amazon USA, I just noticed it was removed from the database. This makes me think it was an unintended leak. Amazon France is still listing it.

The product is titled The Cinematic Art of StarCraft II: Terrans (http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/1933784555/judgehype-21/ref=nosim). Last year, the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Collector's Edition came out with a book that has the same title header. This very much means this product is the stand-alone version of what is meant to be in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition. It is slated for ... October 1.

Now this is material for some speculation to go on. Mike Morhaime recently announced that StarCraft II beta would start this Summer. Does October 1 sound like a possible release date for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty to you?

ISBN: 1933784555
160 pages

Source: BlizzPlanet (http://www.blizzplanet.com)

I don't think Blizzard has set an internal release date yet until they see how beta goes.

ChaosSmurf
05-19-2009, 06:40 PM
There is no release date, of course there will be an art book with the collector's edition.

Don't see much else to say really >.>

Extranjero
05-19-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm feeling pretty skeptical.

Norfindel
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
But artwork is already done, they could be making that product. I don't think it has any to do with the release date for the game, however.
Does 5 months from beta start to lauch sounds plausible at all?

Pick
05-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I don't think Blizzard has set an internal release date yet until they see how beta goes.

Blizzard lies. There is no way in hell that a company is set to launch a product that will sell many millions of copies and not have a release date goal to work towards.

They might be willing to delay the release they are planning on, but there is no way they don't have a date on some accountant's spreadsheet somewhere.

Not that any of it matters to us though since they do a very good job at keeping it a secret.

Kimera757
05-19-2009, 08:28 PM
CEO: "Beta should be ending this week."

Dustin Browder: "But dude, we're still having trouble with the mothership."

CEO: "Too bad. Release date's up. Start working on the patches. Hahahahah!"

Yeah... no. At most, Blizzard has a release "horizon". There's no way they can have a set-in-stone release date before the beta has even started.

Also, October 1st? That's less than 5 months from now. This is about as reliable as the Gamestop release date (Dec 3rd at last report).

Pick
05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
CEO: "Beta should be ending this week."

Dustin Browder: "But dude, we're still having trouble with the mothership."

CEO: "Too bad. Release date's up. Start working on the patches. Hahahahah!"

That is the conversation they have at Electronics Arts every week. Never seen a company consistently rush every single project like they do. But that is a rant for another off-topic discussion.

I agree Blizzard has the power to delay all they want. I am just saying there is a CEO somewhere who is already projecting his yearly income with a Starcraft 2 launch date in mind. I would like to know that date, cause it is probably (but not definitely) going to be accurate.

Eligor
05-19-2009, 11:37 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at an October release date, and I do think the book's release date indicates the general timeframe of when the guys at Blizz would like to get SC 2 out. Really all depends on how long the Beta is though.

Wayward Meteor
05-19-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm counting on the lure of a healthy boost in sales from yet another overly commercialized Christmas season drawing SC2 out before the end of the year.

Sooner the better, of course.

DemolitionSquid
05-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Sooner the better, of course.

http://www.oddpic.com/data/520/you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

Sooner is NOT better.

Better is better.

Wayward Meteor
05-20-2009, 01:09 PM
The two are not mutually exclusive; we can have both. The beta will make sure all is right beforehand.

Eligor
05-20-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.oddpic.com/data/520/you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

Sooner is NOT better.

Better is better.

In view of the fact that the game is going to go through a considerable number of iterations by means of two expansions and a hefty number of patches even after the release, I wouldn't worry about Blizzard "rushing" the development.