PDA

View Full Version : SC:L Awards for Members

spychi
12-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Something like BF had maybe?

The_Blade
12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
LoA and Gradius told us a time ago that they were working on something. They said it will be ready SOON

Perfecttear
12-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah they always say that to a new suggestion:o. So what is this super secret awesome thing, that has been promised multiple times in the last 4 monts ? I don't want to sound rude;), but if you cannot add a simple thing/content to a site in 4 months, i would start thinking of hireing new staff to get some extra help. Or was it all just a lie , so people would stop asking for new stuff:p

Gradius
12-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Not sure what you guys are talking about. We didn't promise anything. :)

I don't want to sound rude;), but if you cannot add a simple thing/content to a site in 4 months, i would start thinking of hireing new staff to get some extra help.
The people who have the time & dedication to help us out are few & far between. By all means, if somebody with web coding knowledge wants to join the team to help speed things along that'd be great. There are only so many casting calls we can put out on the front page (we already did two). I can guarantee you that we don't exactly refuse help or anything.:)

DemolitionSquid
12-05-2009, 09:35 PM
I nominate myself for most notorious member.

Perfecttear
12-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Not sure what you guys are talking about. We didn't promise anything. :)

Are you shure? :p

In the next month or so we'll be implementing a few decent changes to the mainpage and then after that, the forum.

~LoA

We'll consider it. However, we're more interested in how our postbit tweaks (that are coming) will impact the userbase.

~LoA

Haha - we have something nifty cooking. You'll love it.

~LoA

.....we have something special prepared for you guys.

~LoA

There are plenty of more quotes i can show:p

LordofAscension
12-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Are you shure? :p

There are plenty of more quotes i can show:p

YEah - turns out that project has been in development for 6+ months now... not exactly what we had planned.

~LoA

Blazur
12-05-2009, 11:53 PM
The people who have the time & dedication to help us out are few & far between. By all means, if somebody with web coding knowledge wants to join the team to help speed things along that'd be great. There are only so many casting calls we can put out on the front page (we already did two). I can guarantee you that we don't exactly refuse help or anything.:)

What kind of work do you need done Gradius? PM/IM me some specifics and I'll see about assisting.

spychi
12-06-2009, 09:04 AM
you guys know what I am talking about...right? cause I think otherwise

Xyvik
12-08-2009, 05:45 PM
I nominate myself for most notorious member.

I second this nomination! Let's hear it for DSquid!

...will there be a nomination for "Most Balance Obsessed Poor Soul"? I think I'll nominate myself for that one...

Perfecttear
12-08-2009, 05:51 PM
you guys know what I am talking about...right? cause I think otherwise

Not really :p , it would actually help alot if you would describe it a bit.

Gifted
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
Unfortunately, there will be not.. otherwise no matter who gets the winning position, there will be another 1000+ post thread regarding who should have truly been the one that should have been chosen.. further examining the flaws of the decision and eventually writing editorials regarding your points on the matter be it logical or theoretical. Finally someone will come out with an example that changes discussions and cries of a recount will occur. Then there will be charts, of course, showing exponential occurances of vote responses and suddenly it will be defined that the winner is not allowed because the amount of vowels are not balanced between the viable names. Let's not even go into all the mechanics regarding the decision making process... that may lead us to a discussion if this was the obvious choice or if the other options had enough pull to help make the decision meaningful....

In short... no thank you. ^_^

EDIT: I had it end on a cute note about preventing the potential flaming... I decided to change it to something more interesting and more references... *chuckles* doh.

spychi
12-08-2009, 05:56 PM
dude you seriously never lurked BF
there is no flaming or whatsoever

http://blizzforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Perfecttear
12-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I've looked at the BF link thinking it would be something cool, like the proposed "notorious" title for Demo, but it's a boring geek popularity contest on who had the greatest posts, threads and who is the smartest, and best moderator, and so on...
Meh i don't think we need that, unleas we get something much more original and funny ;)
So it isn't only something tha makes peoples Egos larger , and God knows some people here have big egos, thinking they know all :p

sandwich_bird
12-08-2009, 06:43 PM
Meh i don't think we need that, unleas we get something much more original and funny ;)
Suggestions?

Blazur
12-08-2009, 07:36 PM
Suggestions?

How about distributing awards for winners of a SCL beta tournament? Or best SC2 map created using Galaxy?

The_Blade
12-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Suggestions?

Each senior will get a positive award a negative award just to balance things out.

As an example our little creepy tentaculus friend:

Possitive Award: Forum Douchebag

Negative Award: Macro Mechanics Thread Obsessive

DemolitionSquid
12-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Praise the black Jesus.

Perfecttear
12-09-2009, 11:35 AM
How about maybe something starcraft related ?
-Lots of submited news ( Observer award)
-Average posts per day below 1 (Lurker award)
-Over 50 threads created/build ( SCV award)
-Over 1000 profile views ( Stalker award)
-Over 5 people banned (Thor award)
-Over 10 threads deleted (Dark Templar award)

Anyways i think it would be much bether if more people would get a single award, and not just one person:)

Caliban113
12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
dude you seriously never lurked BF
there is no flaming or whatsoever

http://blizzforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Hmmm....no more, 'worst poster' type stuff either - wow, there were hardly any comments (or nominations) this time - 2008 awards were pretty funny. :)

-Over 1000 profile views ( Stalker award)

.....and we all know whos gonna win that....

Perfecttear
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
.....and we all know whos gonna win that....

Gradius?

Caliban113
12-09-2009, 04:49 PM
PT-radius...? Rhymes anywayz..... :) How about views in relation to posts?

Edit: Sheezuss!! - had no idea Gradius had that many - what, did you carry them over from the Blizzforums?

Here are the awards discussions of some years past - some funny stuff, and more than a few 'notorious posters'
.....leh me teh you

http://blizzforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Sheliek
12-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I nominate myself for most fabulous.

spychi
12-10-2009, 01:07 AM
yeah, I was nominated for the worst member of 2007, nominated for the best best signature/avatar of 2007, most intelligent poster in 2008, won the newbie of the year 2008 and nominated for the craziest SC2 theorycrafter in 2008
this year I am aiming for the most improved poster

n00bonicPlague
12-10-2009, 02:17 PM
I myself came from Blizzforums with most of the crowd. There was a thread where we could post a link to our BF profile in order to get our post count transferred over to our SC:L profiles. I pretty much started out with about six hundred something posts. Not all of them were made here :D

Caliban113
12-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I nominate Mr Suppy....! :)

n00bonicPlague
12-10-2009, 05:19 PM
He's a chargin' his lazorz...
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9554/mrsupply.jpg

Gradius
12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Done & done: http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2024