PDA

View Full Version : The Legacy Weekly Returns

ChaosSmurf
05-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Announcing the triumphant return of the Legacy Weekly! Bringing you all the StarCraft news from the last week in an easy to read format delivered straight to you right here on the front page. For this weeks issue, click here (http://sclegacy.com/feature/5-weekly/371-legacy-weekly-8).

Source:
Legacy Weekly, Issue 8 (http://sclegacy.com/feature/5-weekly/371-legacy-weekly-8)

spychi
05-17-2009, 06:30 PM
You mean "The Legacy WheneverWeAreReady" (read: monthly, yearly).

Gradius
05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
You mean "The Legacy WheneverWeAreReady" (read: monthly, yearly).
or the "Legacy Occasionally". Hey, we might be a year late, but so what? Let's not get bogged down with details. It's not like anything important has happened eh? :P

spychi
05-17-2009, 07:04 PM
It's not like anything important has happened eh? :P

yup, you got that right

DemolitionSquid
05-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Needs moar tentacles.

The_Blade
05-17-2009, 10:29 PM
nice

well well you made it just in time, quite before the beta and not after or during it XD

The "Do you want to know more?" reminds me so much of starship troopers XD

DemolitionSquid
05-17-2009, 10:39 PM
The "Do you want to know more?" reminds me so much of starship troopers XD

I'm sure that's intentional.

Freespace
05-18-2009, 05:22 AM
Great to have the Legacy Weekly back. Let's see if it stays weekly. :)

Whanhee
05-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't even remember when these started and we're only on the 8th. :P Good stuff though.

Hamshank
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
This was totally necessary and had lots of new information /sarcasm.

A suggestion is to put it on the main discussion where more people can read it, we don't need a News Section??? the news happens on the main discussion

Gradius
05-18-2009, 04:42 PM
A suggestion is to put it on the main discussion where more people can read it, we don't need a News Section??? the news happens on the main discussion
Since everything we post belongs in SC2 discussion and we never post Brood War or mapping & modding news. /sarcasm.

ChaosSmurf
05-18-2009, 05:19 PM
This was totally necessary and had lots of new information /sarcasm.
You have missed the point of the Legacy Weekly. It will not necessarily be new news, it won't necessarily be interesting to everyone. It will be a round up of everything we think is worth reporting - blue posts we don't want to spam the front page with along with major news. It should be useful as a quick roundup for the more hardcore of you and I'm hoping that non-forumites or less regular members will use it to keep track of all the news out there.

We actually forgot to put one or two things in: If you want to suggest something be put in the weekly (don't include any blue posts or ridiculously major news, but stuff like the techtrees would be welcome) you can e-mail it to weekly@sclegacy.com. Keep in mind that we read these forums so if there's a thread about it here, chances are we know; but if you want to make sure, go ahead. You can also use that e-mail address for questions and comments related to the weekly, if you do not wish to put them in this/other threads.

The Weekly will be posted every Sunday, or as close to as possible. You will kindly not complain that it is not up until it gets to a Tuesday, at which point it's probably my fault if I haven't already given an advance warning.

We're going to make the Weekly our newsletter, which you can sign up for with the newsletter icon at the top of the main page. We're sorting out distribution methods and such at the moment, so this should start next week.#

EDIT: Put the e-mail address back in.

Hamshank
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure if so much resources should be wasted in it. Take note of Engadget's Weekly Round Up which is much more effective by getting rid of all the bs and putting all the information out there.

DemolitionSquid
05-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure if so much resources should be wasted in it. Take note of Engadget's Weekly Round Up which is much more effective by getting rid of all the bs and putting all the information out there.

But BF is famous for its BS.

I mean, err... yeah.

Kerriganz
05-21-2009, 08:26 AM
woot! your back! woot!