PDA

View Full Version : ★ Custom titles for everybody ★

Perfecttear
11-16-2009, 10:06 AM
I'm wondering what do you folk thing about having custom titles under your avatar, that would replace the current, junior, senior member.

We could still have the same system as before, with the junior, member and senior, but with one adition, after having enough posts as an senior member, you would receive an option of having an custom title.

So basicly like this : junior member-> member-> senior member-> custom title

:D

The custom titles could be predetermined by the staff, basicly 12-18 titles that you can choose from. Or the option b of having completely custom user made up ones.

So what do you think:) ?

Ghost_828
11-16-2009, 10:20 AM
An interesting idea. It is prevalent with decent success on several other forums.
However, the choice is not mine to make.
Although I must say you are rather determined, PerfectTear.

KillaKhan
11-16-2009, 10:30 AM
I think It is a great idea, but, one question:

How do I advance from a member?

n00bonicPlague
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Make a ton of posts.

KillaKhan
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Ohdamn I should get right on that instead of just lurking around here, reading everything...

Zabimaru
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Ohdamn I should get right on that instead of just lurking around here, reading everything...

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot more posts from you in the near future... Just make sure they make some sense. ;)

LordofAscension
11-16-2009, 11:50 AM
We'll consider it. However, we're more interested in how our postbit tweaks (that are coming) will impact the userbase.

Thanks for the suggestion!

~LoA

Sarov
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM

Just warning you... You can't post for the sake of increasing your post count.

- No spamming is allowed. Spamming is loosely defined as any off-topic or inconsequential post. This includes posting two or more times in a row (double-posting) and posting simply to increase your post count. If you don't have anything on-topic to say, it is better not to say anything. If you find a spam post, please do not aggravate the problem by responding to it; instead report it by clicking this image located in the post-bit of the offending post

Santrega
11-16-2009, 06:05 PM

Nope, but you can thoughtfully post for the sake of increasing your post count... :)

However, since I don't care about my post count, i usually only thoughtfully post in threads that I have some interest in, and honestly, this wasnt one of them until i saw your post. :)

I wonder how a consequential post is determined, and how big a post has to be to consider it consequential from the definition of mattering or coming from a logical conclusion :/

screw_ball69
11-16-2009, 07:00 PM

Cause we dont spam/go off topic around here.

Sarov
11-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Cause we dont spam/go off topic around here.

True. But I'd rather take the occasional off topic post as compared to posts where there is a one word reply. Like "Cool", "No", "Yeah" etc.

KillaKhan
11-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry about my offtopicness =P
back on topic, I think that the custom titles are great, but you shouldn't have to proceed past senior member in order to get them.
You should have your title and your member status as well.

Sarov
11-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry about my offtopicness =P
back on topic, I think that the custom titles are great, but you shouldn't have to proceed past senior member in order to get them.
You should have your title and your member status as well.

No problem. As long as you can get back on topic it's fine. ;)

Back on topic: I agree with that. It's like an avatar, a signature or a username: something to add a little personality to your posts and, for some people, to help create an identity for themselves on a forum for example.

ArcherofAiur
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
I call "The Macrologist".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/macrology

screw_ball69
11-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I call " Geek God"

KillaKhan
11-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I call "The Lurk"

LordofAscension
11-17-2009, 12:43 AM
And I call "Thread Closed" :p ;)

Thanks for the suggestion - we'll take it into consideration :)

~LoA