PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming PM to new members?

n00bonicPlague
11-15-2009, 06:48 AM
Do new members get a neat little auto-PM that welcomes them to SC:L?

If not, I think it would be a good idea to set that up. The message should contain a general greeting along with some links to FAQs, rules & guidelines, BB code index, and any other juicy stuff important to any new member. I don't recall SC:L doing this, and I think it would be a smart and user-friendly move for SC:L......

......if it hasn't been done already of course.

DemolitionSquid
11-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Maybe we could add warnings of members to avoid, and which to pay homage to.

I accept all major credit cards, btw.

Gradius
11-15-2009, 12:25 PM
Actually, new members will be sent a message that in order to complete their registration they must either send us their social security number or make a large donation to LoA's off-shore swiss bank.

Zabimaru
11-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Maybe we could add warnings of members to avoid, and which to pay homage to.

I was so going to post that!

The_Blade
11-15-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, new members will be sent a message that in order to complete their registration they must either send us their social security number or make a large donation to LoA's off-shore swiss bank.

mmm That completes the image of SC:L's ideal HQ. LoA sitting in a head chair laughing maniacally; while he pets his little evil cat; while the staff laughs (maniacally, but not like LoA), each on their table seat; while they watch a TV with a banking acount balance on the rise; while they play SC2 on their black berries; while thunder strike their evil hideout at the top of a tower on Seattle; while they hear a soundtrack of Dustin Browder saying terrible terrible damage over and over; while...

I was so going to post that!

It wouldn't be as fun ^^

DS has redefined the meaning of sarcasm and evilness itself.

Zabimaru
11-15-2009, 01:19 PM
It wouldn't be as fun ^^

DS has redefined the meaning of sarcasm and evilness itself.

Fair enough.

Ghost_828
11-15-2009, 02:11 PM
... or make a large donation to LoA's off-shore swiss bank.

We'll see about that.

n00bonicPlague
11-16-2009, 09:04 AM
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r94/elscorpio/spectre.jpg

KillaKhan
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Its as good as done.

Hamshank
11-17-2009, 01:18 AM

LOA and you seem to have become more open about being a plutocracy of knowledge. You won't be able to crush the populist rebellion forever.

LordofAscension
11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
LOA and you seem to have become more open about being a plutocracy of knowledge. You won't be able to crush the populist rebellion forever.

Wanna bet?

:D

~LoA

ArcherofAiur
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Viva Le Resistance!

Perfecttear
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Why was the populist Custom titles thread/poll closed ? It had an 100% procent support, acording to the poll.(which is the first i ever saw for an idea) ;) The more you crush peoples hopes and deprive them of their needs, the more we will resist :p

http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n352/Kedsalfreak/Revolucion.jpg

Pandonetho
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah, it's called the Sons of Korhal.

The_Blade
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, it's called the Sons of Korhal.

Ya, but ill rather stay low and small than being under the rule of DS Dominion

StrongCoffee
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM

Oh, really? Gimme a number to sign a check for you...

n00bonicPlague
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Why was the populist Custom titles thread/poll closed ? It had an 100% procent support, acording to the poll.(which is the first i ever saw for an idea) ;) The more you crush peoples hopes and deprive them of their needs, the more we will resist :p
lol PT, he didn't close it because he hated the idea. He closed it because there was like nothing further to discuss about it, and we had just been making random comments rather than actually discussing it. He actually LIKES the idea and even posted in that thread saying that he has plans to implement it.

So :p

Anyway, LoA, neither you or Ol' Grady have said anything about this thread. Y'all already doing it or somethin'? I mean, it's not like I can actually check, seeing as making another account is illegal you know.

Gradius
11-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I'll put this on the bottom of our list. :)

AJ
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Yes, new members get an automatic Private Message.