PDA

View Full Version : A spoiler free forum plz

sandwich_bird
11-02-2009, 10:27 AM
I want to go early on this so that we are all prepared for what is coming: retarded idiots that will finish WoL single player mode the first day and then will creat 345896437 threads spoiling the whole story. Be respectfull when you will creat threads about the story mode. Don't use a title like " WHY DID RAYNOR HAVE TO DIE?!?" or "Fools! I told you all that Tychus was a Xel Naga!". So to all member here, don't be idiots and to the mods please be ready. That is all.

I actually had a nightmare about this last night lol.

screw_ball69
11-02-2009, 10:31 AM
your nightmares are getting way to literal my friend.

Quirel
11-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Heh. Don't have to worry about spoilers from me.

But hey, this forum has spoiler tags, right?

Zabimaru
11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
I think I'll avoid you all till I finish it. :p

Blazur
11-02-2009, 11:05 AM
Who the heck plans on making time to read the forums once the game comes out? I only intend to surface for three things which are essential for humans...

Zabimaru
11-02-2009, 11:11 AM
I only intend to surface for three things which are essential for humans...

Drugs, Sex and Rock n' Roll?

n00bonicPlague
11-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'll be avoiding all forums until I have completed the campaigns.

Hav0x
11-02-2009, 11:14 AM
If you're that worried about it then don't come to the forums until you finish the campaign.

n00bonicPlague
11-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, because no matter how tight the moderation, there will ALWAYS be SOME NOOB IDIOT who decides to post spoilers. Hell, you will need to avoid the ENTIRE INTERNET just so you can experience the campaigns properly. That said, I will be expecting someone to make a thread in the lore section about the events. The thread should have a proper title such as:

**SPOILERS** the Events of SC2:WoL **SPOILERS**

with the first few lines having some spoiler warnings so that the hover-tip doesn't reveal everything by accident.

Aldrius
11-02-2009, 11:24 AM
I think the only solution is to make a spoiler forum for discussing the storyline.

That's really the only way to avoid something like this.

Hum. Closer to release I think I'll actually suggest that.

Of course, I'd want to avoid EVERYTHING, all previews, anything even hinting at the storyline. But I know I don't have that kind of a will power.

ArcherofAiur
11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Raynor Dies

RainbowToeSocks
11-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Raynor Dies

The hidden field just makes people more intrigued... what secrets does it hold? The meaning of life? The secret of immortality? How they get the caramel inside? Oh.... it's just a life crushing reality

spychi
11-02-2009, 11:51 AM
I would suggest "the StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty storyline thread"

ArcherofAiur
11-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Seriously though. If your worried about getting the story spoiled DONT GO ON THE FORUMS TILL YOU FINISH THE GAME. It will be spoiled for you somehow. Fair warning.

GRUNT
11-02-2009, 12:01 PM
It's interesting that this is brought up because it really could be an issue once the game is out.

On one hand, I'd try to avoid visiting forums for fear of spoilers, but depending on the time it takes for me to finish the campaign, that could be quite a while.

Having a new forum for spoiler discussions might be a good decision, but I'd also argue that it depends on the epicness of the story :P. In the case of BioShock for instance, I feel that the spoilers in the game are so epic that it justifies the use of spoiler tags in the official forums....even to this day :P. http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61

n00bonicPlague
11-02-2009, 12:14 PM
***SPOILER*** SNAPE USES HIS SNEAKY SHENANIGANS TO DEAL TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DAMAGE TO DUMBLEDORE!!!x

ArcherofAiur
11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
***Big Spoiler***
http://www.fancypipes.biz/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wm-high-spoiler.jpg

Hav0x
11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
It doesn't matter if there is a specific spoiler forum/thread or not. Idiots will still end up posting in the non-spoiler forum/threads anyway. Your best bet is to stay away from the forums until you finish it.

DemolitionSquid
11-02-2009, 01:56 PM
The only way to guarantee no one spoils the plot is to not let them. The forum script needs to automatically change all character names, and certain key works like "killed" to *. So we see this:

Omg! ****** totally ****** ******* and I was like OMG! And then ******* ************ ************* and it ******* ******* *** nasal hair!

Pandonetho
11-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Temp ban for spoilers in the wrong forum is my solution.

Perma ban for continued spoilers.

Zabimaru
11-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Getting Spychi to find out where they live and what they look like (he’s good at that) and then giving their address to me would be my permanent solution. :D

RainbowToeSocks
11-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Getting Spychi to find out where they live and what they look like (he’s good at that) and then giving their address to me would be my permanent solution. :D

Thats a bit.... creepy... dont hurt me

Aldrius
11-02-2009, 03:30 PM
It doesn't matter if there is a specific spoiler forum/thread or not.

Of course it matters.

1 or 2 idiots will exist, sure, but the amount of spoilers will still be greatly reduced.

If there's a specific forum, though, people will have an outlet for spoiler discussions and they'll be less inclined to post in the other topics.

Hav0x
11-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Of course it matters.

1 or 2 idiots will exist, sure, but the amount of spoilers will still be greatly reduced.

If there's a specific forum, though, people will have an outlet for spoiler discussions and they'll be less inclined to post in the other topics.You still risk the chance of reading spoilers. If you don't want to read them, don't come to the forums.

StrongCoffee
11-02-2009, 04:18 PM
He...once the game is released, forget about my existence for at least two weeks. No spoilers from me,then. Just drugs, starcraft n rock nīroll. Ladies shall wait this time

DemolitionSquid
11-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Here's a question: approximately how long after SC is released will talking about its plot no longer be a "spoiler" and be openly acceptable? 2 weeks? A month? 6 months?

This is a facet of spoilers that has always confused me.

Zabimaru
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
No spoilers from me,then. Just drugs, starcraft n rock nīroll. Ladies shall wait this time.

That’s the attitude! ;)

Thats a bit.... creepy... dont hurt me

Hehehe, then don’t tempt me in any way. :)
...and give me a pair of those rainbow socks... :D

sandwich_bird
11-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Here's a question: approximately how long after SC is released will talking about its plot no longer be a "spoiler" and be openly acceptable? 2 weeks? A month? 6 months?

This is a facet of spoilers that has always confused me.6 months to a year imo. The more the better. Most people including me will have it done in a couple of weeks but still there's always stuff that no one can predict.

Btw, to all who tell me to stay aways from the forum once the game is out, it's not that great of a solution because I will also play multiplayer once the game is out and I expect a lot of strategies to be post on the forum.

Santrega
11-02-2009, 04:44 PM
** Spoilers **

This thread failed

As many have already said.. You actually plan on coming to a forum after the game is released? Hell... the only way anyone finds me is if they see me on instant messengers or on battle.net 2.0, and i dont even know if they'll be able to reach me in either.

After the game comes out, it'll be at least a month later before I go to a forum
I will have the campaign beat in the first week
I hope you guys can live without me for a while :D

Quirel
11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
On most of the forums I'm on, spoilers are good for one month for games, usually something like 6 months for novels.

After that, no whining.

FoxSpirit
11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Aerith dies!!! The Squidwards shipping comes true!!!! NOMG!!!!!!!!!!! :D

That said, I'll simply avoid this forums until I have finished the campaign. No offense to the mods but by the time you'd clean up, some a-hs will have posted threads with spoiler titles just for kicks :(

Believe me, we recently did a demo share for the GoW-demo on PS3. After just 10 users one of them hijacked the account and changed the password. WHY?
Luckily other people donated their demo codes and a few more accounts were made. But even with stricter rules, sometimes one would get jacked (if you are on GAF and have a PS3, join in, demo's awesome).

So yeah, I'm VERY weary of people on the net who just do stuff to cause damage to others.

DemolitionSquid
11-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Aerith dies!!! The Squidwards shipping comes true!!!! NOMG!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mention me and "shipping" in the same sentence ever again, and you will not live long enough to "fap."

sandwich_bird
11-03-2009, 05:29 PM
So yeah, I'm VERY weary of people on the net who just do stuff to cause damage to others. I know. The internet made me a cynic a person. Not that everyone is an asshole but I'm still disgusted by the fact that so many idiots truly enjoy messing around with others on a regular basis.

Zabimaru
11-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I know. The internet made me a cynic a person. Not that everyone is an asshole but I'm still disgusted by the fact that so many idiots truly enjoy messing around with others on a regular basis.

It is a rather bizarre human trait- and I call it that because it happens so often. As soon some people become anonymous they think that there is no place for morals.

Sarov
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
It is a rather bizarre human trait- and I call it that because it happens so often. As soon some people become anonymous they think that there is no place for morals.

I think that is because they know that no one knows them. I also think that if they act like that, that's how they really are. That those are the type of people that put on a 'mask' when around other people because that's what society expects of them. Or they do it because they want to and they know that they will probably get away with it.

I hate people like that. I know a few and I wish they would just drop over and die. And unlike those people, I don't become an asshole or a douche or a cruel person because of anonymity. I'm pretty much the same person only a little more outgoing and a little bit less shy.

Dauntless
11-06-2009, 06:57 PM

This is a facet of spoilers that has always confused me.

Good question. I'd say about a month though. If you haven't finished SC2: WoL by a month after it's release, you shouldn't consider yourself a fan. (Unless you have a really, reallygood reason for not being able to play the game.)

I guess we'll have a story thread on it though, and leave the rest of the SC2 forum for MP discussion and the like. Besides, we have a Lore forum:)

Pandonetho
11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Geez, everyone is going to hate me when I start emailing all of you the spoilers.

Subject Heading: Hey

*click*

Topic: Raynor dies.

PhanttoM
11-07-2009, 06:44 AM
For the most part in storytelling, spoilers only serve to feed my interest in a "It's the journey that matters, not the destination" fashion.

I of course understand and respect that others don't fee that way, and will cover it with tags or black text when the time comes.

As for not visiting the forums when the comes - I'll definately be on the forum as soon as I'm through singleplayer. Gotta keep up with all the crazy theories on what will happen in Heart of the Swarm. :D

IvanVankata
11-08-2009, 07:56 AM
I intend on spending all my computer time for the day on SC2 once it gets out, so I`m not worried about spoilers =D