PDA

View Full Version : BlizzCast #11

Gifted
10-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Full Article (http://sclegacy.com/news/29-blizz/523-blizzcast-11)

Zabimaru
10-30-2009, 04:55 AM
Hopefully this will be intresting...

GRUNT
10-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Squee! New SC2 screenshots :P

Can't help but feel that Kerrigan looks a little funny in that snapshot of her, but I'm always impressed at how good these in-engine cinematics look!

And that screenshot of Zeratul in front of that seemingly Zerg-ridden Dark Templar or Xel'Naga temple thing looks great, too :].

scorpio19
10-30-2009, 07:39 AM
terrible screenshot... looks like a Warcraft 3 graphics.

Norfindel
10-30-2009, 08:03 AM
How about some information? :rolleyes:

Gifted
10-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Well, it was just a recap, and it provided 2 new screen shots :)

ArcherofAiur
10-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Rob: So we had another announcement about the voice of Kerrigan. Tricia Helfer will now be fulfilling that role, how has fan reception been about that so far?

Karune: Definitely a question that Iím sure is on a lot of peopleís minds. Personally, I am a Battlestar Galactica fan as well, and I am really glad that she is being a part of the whole experience as I think a lot of us StarCraft fans were. Honestly, it was great having her on the panel, she was very nice, very easy to talk to. I think everybody is very excited, I donít know if you guys have seen a lot of the feedback on the boards or in the forums, more or less everybody is really excited to see what Kerrigan has done in the past four years between Brood War and StarCraft II and she is very enthusiastic to take that role.

LOL
Oh karune youd make great politician.

For those who dont know almost all of the threads about Kerrigan on the forums has been about wanting the original voice actor (glynis talken) back instead of tricia. I cant recall seeing a single thread about people being excited about what Kerrigans been up to.

Xyvik
10-30-2009, 10:13 AM

Agreed! When I first spotted it I thought it was in another thread and I thought it was WC3. I must say I'm incredibly disappointed.

LOL

For those who dont know almost all of the threads about Kerrigan on the forums has been about wanting the original voice actor (glynis talken) back instead of tricia. I cant recall seeing a single thread about people being excited about what Kerrigans been up to.

'tis true, 'tis sad. Another poor design choice. Oh well, what can we do.

ArcherofAiur
10-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Can someone pull a WC3 screenshot (like from the illidan prison level or tomb of sargarus) so we can actually compare? You know instead of just saying it.

DemolitionSquid
10-30-2009, 11:11 AM
Why is Zeratul being accompanied by a High Templar?

spychi
10-30-2009, 01:15 PM

zomg SC2 looks wc'ish ...umm no!

LOL

propaganda, doesn't really matter if it's good or bad

Norfindel
10-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Artanis, maybe? I know, 4 years is too soon for that, but the current Artanis seems to have nothing in common with the one we know.

But it could be also a new character. I don't think Artanis have the time to be around there by himself.

Perfecttear
10-30-2009, 02:20 PM
That first pic, with Tychus and Kerrigan really made me think?

A bit offtopic, does anybody remember where the portrate pic of unifested Kerrigan(sc2) was shown, i know i have seen it somewhere, it was posted with a pic showing Tychus without his armor on(bald) :P
Does anybody remember, i would really apreciate it?

Jabber Wookie
10-30-2009, 03:00 PM
zomg SC2 looks wc'ish ...umm no!

Actually, I have never been on the "OMG SC2 looks like WC3" end of any debate; however, that particular screenshot does look especially WCish. I don't really care though because I have seen enough footage of single player to know it is nothing like WC3, nor does anything else I have seen look WC3-ish. It's just that particular screenshot - I think it's the dark terrain and the temple with symbols imagery that has that WC feel to it.

ArcherofAiur
10-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually, I have never been on the "OMG SC2 looks like WC3" end of any debate; however, that particular screenshot does look especially WCish. I don't really care though because I have seen enough footage of single player to know it is nothing like WC3, nor does anything else I have seen look WC3-ish. It's just that particular screenshot - I think it's the dark terrain and the temple with symbols imagery that has that WC feel to it.

post a picture comparison youll see the diference.

protoss wrath
10-30-2009, 04:57 PM
I was just about to ask who the high templar was with zeratul from the looks of it, the templar looks like a hero unit to me. New character? I wonder where this is from. I'm guessing it's from the protoss campaign in wings of liberty. The graphics of the zeratul screenshot look WC3ish i won't lie they look good but i think blizzard could do a bit better dosen't bother me though but we are in 2009 not 2003 and the graphics should reflect that. the tychus screen looks cool. One other thing: Kerrigan is captured in that screen? I think that if this happens it will be short lived because blizzard has said that kerrigan will be looking to regain her powers and build her empire. so in that sense because she lost her powers the serum worked right?

newcomplex
10-30-2009, 05:36 PM
LOL

You're your not excited to see what the zergs been doing for the last 4 years in SC2?

Warcraft 3
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pc/rpg/warcraftiii/warcraftiii_screen043.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/warcraft3/0702/war3_790screen001.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pc/rpg/warcraftiii/warcraftiii_790screen044.jpg

Not Warcraft 3

http://sclegacy.com/images/uploaded/blizzardnews/bcast_11_zeratultemple.jpg

Their are similarities, but the proportions are a lot better, and their is a defined lack of cartoonish environment and proportions, though their is still a big cartoonish coloring. And blizz still loves using random particle effects.

Over all, I think its fine, especially how its a cinematic telling a story, not normal gameplay.

Aldrius
10-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Zeratul's model is kind of odd looking. But fairly cool looking.

Probably just a foil character for him to talk to.

Otherwise he'll be an internal monologist ALL the time... which will get very, very annoying.

So. I'm guessing. But I think that's what it is. Probably the 'Master of the Tribunal' from Dark Origin.

Norfindel
10-31-2009, 06:27 PM
SC2's perspective is better. In WC3, camera is too low, so units look completely different if they're near or far away from the bottom of the screen.

Pandonetho
10-31-2009, 11:22 PM
That high templar looks pretty big. He probably works out.