PDA

View Full Version : Possible StarCraft HD remake planned?

Equiliari
11-04-2015, 12:56 PM
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/posting.html?id=15000XZ

"Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you."

Hmm... Interesting?

Sheliek
11-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Looking at the pluses, responsibilities and everything else, it would seem like it.

At the very least, they're obviously looking at getting them running on Battle.net 2.0, that much is almost certain from this. Good catch!

Equiliari
11-04-2015, 02:54 PM
True, it might just be getting them to work on the battle.net interface. Still that is something.

Jconant
11-04-2015, 06:15 PM
With just about every starcraft 2 unit already remade (even the overmind), it would not be such a stretch to do a Vanilla Starcraft Campaign

TheEconomist
11-04-2015, 06:22 PM
My interpretation was an update to Battle.net and maybe some engine/compatibility updates, not much else. Hoping for more though.

unknownone
11-05-2015, 04:30 PM
If they do these things, it would be already very nice!

My interpretation was an update to Battle.net and maybe some engine/compatibility updates, not much else. Hoping for more though.

Sheliek
03-18-2016, 05:14 AM

Seems to have been an accurate assessment. WarCraft III just got a compatibility patch (with the note's 'Known Issues' section sort of implying more might be on the way), and it's possible StarCraft: Brood War will get one as well. I know there's some issues on Windows 7 and up.

As for Diablo II, I'm pretty sure they never really stopped patching it, even if the patches are infrequent.

TheEconomist
03-18-2016, 04:26 PM
When I read about those patches, I thought back to this, haha.

Equiliari
03-26-2017, 06:24 AM
There ya go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypU9j4w3_w