PDA

View Full Version : Public Polls

Perfecttear
10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm just wondering about the public poll option , and it's mechanics.:)
I wan't to know why you are able to see what other people have voted at the begining -("see poll results" - button ) until you haven't yet voted , but when you vote on the poll it disapears.:confused:
Why does it disapear after that?
Isn't the point of making a poll public, that you can see what other people have voted?

Edit : Another small thing , could you fix the confused smiley :confused: , so the question marks are clearly visiable abouve it's face, and it doesn't look like a sad smiley ;)

n00bonicPlague
10-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I've noticed that with the polls myself. It is rather silly.

And with the confused smiley, just make the ?s white.

Perfecttear
10-16-2009, 07:30 PM
I atleast demand a new confused smiley (it's an easy fix), since i'm a regular user of that one :p

Perfecttear
11-22-2009, 08:00 PM
So it's been almost a month and still no response :(

So did you think about chainging that? Em....preety please with sugar on top, extra sugar on the side and some milk to prevent the sugar from killing you?:D

spychi
11-22-2009, 08:01 PM
So it's been almost a month and still no response :(

So did you think about chainging that? Em....preety please with sugar on top, extra sugar on the side and some milk to prevent the sugar from killing you?:D

it works the same on most forums, it's silly though

LordofAscension
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
This is an AJ question I'm afraid.

~LoA

Gradius
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
I fixed the smiley.

I wan't to know why you are able to see what other people have voted at the begining -("see poll results" - button ) until you haven't yet voted , but when you vote on the poll it disapears.:confused:
That would be because after you vote it replaces the voting options in the thread with the results, so it doesn't make any sense to link to the results if you can see them anyway and therefore the link is removed. Or I don't understand your question.

Ghost_828
11-23-2009, 05:26 AM
That would be because after you vote it replaces the voting options in the thread with the results, so it doesn't make any sense to link to the results if you can see them anyway and therefore the link is removed. Or I don't understand your question.

I believe PerfectTear was refering to being capable of seeing which user voted for which option before voting, but not after.

n00bonicPlague
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
PT was talking about how after you vote you can no longer see who voted for what.

And you didn't fix the smiley Grady. :p Just make the ?'s silver so that they're easier to see.

:confused:

Gradius
11-23-2009, 11:18 AM
I believe PerfectTear was refering to being capable of seeing which user voted for which option before voting, but not after.
Oh, just click on the number of people that voted and it will take you there.

And you didn't fix the smiley Grady. :p Just make the ?'s silver so that they're easier to see.

:confused:
I live to serve.

n00bonicPlague
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh, just click on the number of people that voted and it will take you there.Ahh.

I live to serve.kthnx

Perfecttear
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I fixed the smiley.

Are you shure ?
-:confused:

Gradius
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Wat? o.o

Reload your cache.

AJ
11-24-2009, 11:09 AM
It's just a silly issue with the way vBulletin and most other popular forums are coded.
There's not much to be done about it.