PDA

View Full Version : After the deep slumber...

The_Blade
12-19-2014, 11:49 AM
So the site is now back online after a period of strange hiatus. Please tell us about those weird things that happen when you use the forums/site.

DemolitionSquid
12-19-2014, 03:37 PM
I'm seeing a header error:

"Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988"

The_Blade
12-19-2014, 04:13 PM
That seems to be the main "bug" going around. Ty for the report. Noted

ragnarok
12-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm seeing a header error:

"Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988"

Are you getting this constantly? I've only gotten it like twice.

DemolitionSquid
12-19-2014, 06:48 PM
Are you getting this constantly? I've only gotten it like twice.

Its a plague of Ebola-esque proportions.

ragnarok
12-19-2014, 06:50 PM
Its a plague of Ebola-esque proportions.

Well I'm still getting the occasional times where the forums still won't load.

Visions of Khas
12-19-2014, 08:54 PM
I also get this error sometimes instead of a thread showing up:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:5615) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4513

Nissa
12-21-2014, 09:42 AM
I've noticed that this happens mostly when I'm clicking on a forum that would automatically bring me to the last post of a thread.

Robear
12-21-2014, 10:41 AM
I actually can't click on any links, even to subforums, without getting a blank page with the

Warning: Illegal string offset 'name' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 6988
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/sclegacy/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php
Line: 5615

Unless I am logged in, and then it just comes up some of the time, I haven't figured out the pattern yet. I think Nissa's right, that it's whenever a link is to the newest post in a thread. And then yeah, every page that does load also has

at the very top.

ragnarok
12-21-2014, 02:36 PM
I also get this error sometimes instead of a thread showing up:

I still am, but VERY occasionally.

Zoar
01-20-2015, 02:18 PM
Still not able to access the front page unfortunately. Says site is down for maintenance check back later.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not able to access the front page unfortunately. Says site is down for maintenance check back later.

The_Blade
01-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Site got it a little bit worse. Only the forums are "operational" atm.

Robear
01-23-2015, 01:58 PM
Even then, I still can't view any threads unless I'm logged in. Not good for the site, if no guests can see anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Even then, I still can't view any threads unless I'm logged in. Not good for the site, if no guests can see anything.

Kimera757
02-15-2015, 09:45 AM
I can visit the forum, but not the main sclegacy.com site. Actually I haven't seen the main site in several months.

The_Blade
02-15-2015, 11:45 AM
Main site is down.

Robear
07-06-2015, 08:40 AM
So... I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what's the deal? :( I'm glad to see that the main site is up and has a recent news article posted. But the forums have been broken for half a year at this point. A year ago, there would always be at least a few guests looking at forum threads, but for the past half year all you've been able to see unless you're logged in is

http://i.imgur.com/iEEc1um.png

And unless you know not to click on the 'goto latest page' links, logged in users will get error messages too. I don't know what the solution is, and I know we all have real lives, and of course lore and game-discussing activity would dwindle as it's been a couple years since Heart of the Swarm came out. All that's fine. But, looking forward, are there any ways to get the forums fixed before Legacy of the Void comes out? People looking for discussions and reviews could drive new traffic to this site, for at least a little bit, but if the first link they click on takes them to a blank screen, they'll never come back.

- - - Updated - - -

So... I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what's the deal? :( I'm glad to see that the main site is up and has a recent news article posted. But the forums have been broken for half a year at this point. A year ago, there would always be at least a few guests looking at forum threads, but for the past half year all you've been able to see unless you're logged in is

http://i.imgur.com/iEEc1um.png

And unless you know not to click on the 'goto latest page' links, logged in users will get error messages too. I don't know what the solution is, and I know we all have real lives, and of course lore and game-discussing activity would dwindle as it's been a couple years since Heart of the Swarm came out. All that's fine. But, looking forward, are there any ways to get the forums fixed before Legacy of the Void comes out? People looking for discussions and reviews could drive new traffic to this site, for at least a little bit, but if the first link they click on takes them to a blank screen, they'll never come back.

Edit: oh, and look, the "updated" problem is still around— which also prevents you from ever embedding a video link in a post, because even though you typed it once, it will get doubled as it tries to post and then give you an error message saying you're only allowed one video link per post. You have to edit them in later.

Again, I have no idea what causes a problem like this. I don't how something like moving to some other forum host is done, or if that's even something we'd want to do, if it means losing all the old threads, but all this adds up to something basically unusable.

DemolitionSquid
07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Some men just want to watch the world burn.

I am one of those men.

Thus, I will stay here until the last light flickers out and we're left with nothing but the Void.

The_Blade
07-12-2015, 09:27 PM
Alright, we got most of the issues fixed now! (thanks to LoA)

DemolitionSquid
07-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Alright, we got most of the issues fixed now! (thanks to LoA)

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/92/929129/2808128-7850581906-7837b.jpg