PDA

View Full Version : Sc2 Gameplay forum in Future?

Santrega
10-15-2009, 10:29 AM
I dont know if this is necessarily an issue, but i guess it could be considered feedback. Do you guys think you'll be adding a Sc2 gameplay forum close to, or right after sc2 goes into beta?

I think a gameplay forum would be great for adding beta footage, maybe listing different strategies currently used in beta, and unit stats, etc.

I'd love to see several different people adding sc2 footage to that forum, and to keep the forum primarily sc2 gameplay, rather than everything thats involved with SCII Discussion. It would be nice for an empty forum to be started as well, to just keep everything easily accessible as beta continues and even moves on to the release.

Blazur
10-15-2009, 11:07 AM
Definitely a great idea. Although I'm sure this team has plans for when the beta eventually hits, hopefully in our lifetime.

Xyvik
10-15-2009, 01:17 PM
hopefully in our lifetime.

That's being a bit optimistic, isn't it? :p

A good idea, though. I'm sure they have it well in hand, but it's a good idea to always post the idea anyway just in case. I certainly plan to have tons of videos of the beta :)

LordofAscension
10-15-2009, 02:05 PM
We have plans :)

Thanks for the suggestion! We do appreciate them!

~LoA

Gradius
10-17-2009, 07:36 AM
It should be a Strategy Forum though, not a Gameplay Forum.

n00bonicPlague
10-17-2009, 07:54 AM
What G said. Gameplay denotes pre-release. Strategy denotes post-release. After the addition of a Strategy forum, the SC2 General Discussion forum will be for random stuff like, "Hey, who's up for an epic 3v3v3v3?" and stuff like, "Stalkers are imba!"

Santrega
10-17-2009, 09:42 AM
What G said. Gameplay denotes pre-release. Strategy denotes post-release. After the addition of a Strategy forum, the SC2 General Discussion forum will be for random stuff like, "Hey, who's up for an epic 3v3v3v3?" and stuff like, "Stalkers are imba!"

How does gameplay give a pre-release impression to anyone? it is GAME PLAY, as in you are PLAYING THE GAME.

I disagree with the strategy forum name simply because you should be able to just plain add videos of the beta, which is not strategy, its just a video of the game being played, hence gameplay. Strategy also falls under game play, because its the way you play the game.

n00bonicPlague
10-17-2009, 10:55 AM
relax bro :p

I'm just sayin' that to me a gameplay forum denotes the discussion and critique of gameplay mechanics (which is usually done during development) while a strategy forum denotes discussion and critique of players' gaming strategies (which is usually done after release). I will admit that a good bit of the stuff in the General discussion does belong in Lore. Perhaps we can change General Discussion to Gameplay Discussion and then add a Strategy forum into the mix. We could even make a Beta forum if needed.

Staffers, can we get any insight into your plans? :)

Gradius
10-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah, when SC2 is actually in beta it doesn't make much sense to have a strategy forum either - I was also referring to post-release. :P

I'd be fine with a new gameplay forum during beta. Or maybe something exclusive for confirmed beta-testers. :)

Santrega
10-18-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah, when SC2 is actually in beta it doesn't make much sense to have a strategy forum either - I was also referring to post-release. :P

I'd be fine with a new gameplay forum during beta. Or maybe something exclusive for confirmed beta-testers. :)

Oh yeah, there definitely should be an additional forum for confirmed beta testers. I just want a new forum that has nothing but beta coverage for those who don't get the privilege of playing the game during beta.

Maybe a "beta coverage" forum, which can include beta strategies, beta gameplay videos, or lists of what certain players believe are beta imbalances and why.

Pandonetho
10-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, an exclusive beta tester forum would be great, so that maybe each tester has his own blog thread and describes his experience playing the game. Maybe you could also include a dedicated "questions" thread for answer by Beta Tester.