PDA

View Full Version : Gamestar German magazine articles

Kimera757
05-08-2009, 06:26 PM
In case anyone wants links to the Gamestar articles...

First article: http://www.gamestar.de/interviews/1955934/starcraft_2_exklusiv_interview.html and in English: http://starcraft.incgamers.com/blog/comments/german-dustin-browder-interview-up/

Second article in German: http://www.gamestar.de/specials/spiele/1955954/starcraft_2_alle_einheiten.html

Pandonetho
05-08-2009, 06:35 PM
GameStar: Can allies also use the nydus-canal?

Browder: Currently no. We just defined what abilities should have an effect on allies. The nydus-canal is not on that list. However it is not impossible that we still change our opinion. What do you think?

I really hope they allow allies to be able to use the Nydus Worm (I guess we'd have to set some rules, like if the Thor could use it or not).

But I think it'd really spice things up.

Kimera757
05-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm leery of the name changes... not that I hate name changes, but we're dealing with a different language here.

Raven sounds a lot like nighthawk to me (both being black-colored birds and all). Some of the German names are quite different (eg instead of stalker, use the German name for stalker). It's possible other "name changes" are also translations (eg disruptor for nullifier).

Eligor
05-08-2009, 06:50 PM
That's very possible. Would definitely explain "Raven".

The_Blade
05-08-2009, 06:53 PM
nice info

love the last Okay from Browder

SpiderBrigade
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
So looking at the German article, it doesn't say anywhere that the Defense Drone only works against static defenses. It just uses Missile Turret missiles as an example and says the drone will be very useful against bases.

The_Blade
05-08-2009, 07:27 PM
damn now i think about it this drone is going to aid in drops

Aldrius
05-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Where are you guys seeing this stuff on the Defensive Drone...? I'm very interested.

LordArreat15
05-08-2009, 11:41 PM
Nice to get more SC2 beta info. It will have to do to satisfy our wait till then.

FlashWar
05-08-2009, 11:56 PM
I'm a bit worried about so much focus being on micro. What made SC1 great was that there was a good balance of micro and macro. People have been complaining about this for ages. I could be wrong, it might work out.

Drizzit
05-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Just for clarification..
The best translation for the Defensive Drones' description I can come up with. ^^

Defensive Drone
With this drone you are able to intercept enemy projectiles, e.g. rockets of the terran missile turrets. Therefore this special weapon is especially well suited for attacks on bases. Against small bore (like the spines of the Hydralisk), however, it is powerless.

SpiderBrigade
05-09-2009, 09:06 AM
yeah, just to reiterate again: it does not say it only works against defensive structures. It only works against attacks that are missiles such as missile turrets. Vikings and Thors also have missile attacks which it should work against. it might also be effective against Mutalisks, Phoenix, &c depending on how those attacks are classified.

TheEconomist
05-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Anyone else think it's a bit odd that the Brood Lord model picture casts a Mutalisk's (or at least a unit or doodad that's not in the shape of Brood Lord) shadow?

I smell photoshop imprints :D

The_Blade
05-09-2009, 12:37 PM
er no...

look at full screenshots and vids and you will see that shadows in sc2 are not exactly below the unit.

Those are the shadows of real mutas somewhere else near the brood lord.

TheEconomist
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
I wasn't aware of any screenshots or videos. I'll look into that.

TheEconomist
05-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Hmmm, you meant screenshots and videos in general, didn't you? If so, then I already know that.

Rylin
05-09-2009, 12:53 PM
That was fairly insightful for the most part. Interesting to see the game take on more micro now. I can't wait for beta 8)