PDA

View Full Version : Ban Joking Posts Plz

Arkalis
10-09-2009, 06:54 PM
You should ban ppl who mess around like "Battle Report 4 is out" or "Dustin talks about beta" when they are just kidding or linking to a webpage (or picture) Or not ban, just try to prevent those things plz.

Caliban113
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Ironically, there is a section in the forum rules about calling out for bans :) jus' sayin.

Gladius
10-09-2009, 07:11 PM
We are looking into it, and we will male shure that such topics are prevented in the future.
Also please refrain from making such threads in the future, only staff members can call out bans.

sandwich_bird
10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
We are looking into it, and we will male shure that such topics are prevented in the future.
Also please refrain from making such threads in the future, only staff members can call out bans.lawl. Where is he anyways

n00bonicPlague
10-09-2009, 07:23 PM
There's a Issues/Feedback forum for a reason......

Crazy_Jonny
10-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Is it april fools already?

Also, nice vid n00bonic.

Wankey
10-09-2009, 07:32 PM
People seriously just need to calm down. It was a harmless prank, and it reinvigorated the forum slightly. Everyone should just take it as a funny joke and move on.

Why is everyone so serious?

Crazy_Jonny
10-09-2009, 07:38 PM
People seriously just need to calm down. It was a harmless prank, and it reinvigorated the forum slightly. Everyone should just take it as a funny joke and move on.

cuz sc2 discussionz r serious business.

Brutaxilos
10-09-2009, 08:30 PM

SOMETHING AS IMPORTANT AS BETA ISNT FUNNY!!!! >:OOOOOO lol

Arkalis
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Guys, im sorry for making thread, didnt knew u couldnt call for ban, and honestly I was just mad at the moment for the pranks.

spychi
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
There's a Issues/Feedback forum for a reason......

I'm freaking crying from the start of this wonderful morning
LMAO!!!
Christ I never had such laugh in days! To all the fake thread makers ...I love ya all!

Josue
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
lawl. Where is he anyways

wondering the same here, I'm not liking this.

Cheesenium
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM

It's not even funny.

DemolitionSquid
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Guys, im sorry for making thread, didnt knew u couldnt call for ban, and honestly I was just mad at the moment for the pranks.

You can absolutely call for ban. Gladius is a troll, ignore him.

Caliban113
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM

See what you started...? :)

You can absolutely call for ban. Gladius is a troll, ignore him.

See what you started...? :)

Norfindel
10-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, there's a report post icon on every post (the /!\ icon). So, definitely you can report whatever brokes the forum rules, if you want.

Dauntless
10-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Think I've cleared out most of the troll threads.

KDraconis
10-10-2009, 06:04 PM
And Gradius (actual Gradius) is away for a while.

hyde
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Yeah I don't frequent SCL forums too much because SC2 news is pretty dead post-blizzcon. I come in and all I see are idiotic posts with [FAKE] tags. I only deal with this because I've trusted SCL as SC news since Vanilla StarCraft. Anyone new to the Blizzard/SC community will come here and think we're a laughing stock of monkeys hooked up to heroine IV's.

Zero
10-12-2009, 12:57 PM
It should be common sense not to be posting falsified information, but since this is the first big case of it happening, it should serve as a learning experience for everyone. Like Norfindel commented, it's far more effective to report the post than start a flame war about it.

And the staff is dealing with Gladius. He'll no longer be a problem.

As for the slow news right now, give it some time. Once the beta starts, I can guarantee that there will be more topics than ever to discuss, and it'll most likely continue on until the release of Wings of Liberty. I've received no word about even an approximate beta release beyond what you know, but hopefully sooner than later.

Perfecttear
10-12-2009, 02:45 PM
I have just one question .
What are "Referrals" the thing that is shown in your profile, and of what importance is it?

n00bonicPlague
10-12-2009, 02:50 PM
I have just one question .
What are "Referrals" the thing that is shown in your profile, and of what importance is it?About half way down.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=referral&match=all&titlesonly=0

Perfecttear
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
LOL , i thought it was something much different/worse ( it had a judgemental tone to it ) :P

n00bonicPlague
10-12-2009, 02:58 PM
lol, nah — it's infractions that you have to worry about.

Zabimaru
10-12-2009, 03:57 PM
lol, nah — it's infractions that you have to worry about.

You sound experienced. ;P

n00bonicPlague
10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
You sound experienced. ;P
Unfortunately, I am. I've got one infraction from March. It says "SPAM" as the reason,
but I don't remember what it was I posted, as it is labeled "N/A" for some odd reason.

Perfecttear
10-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Noob how do you know, you have received an infraction, is it a pm , or does it shows anywhere else?

Pandonetho
10-12-2009, 04:24 PM
It's a PM. I already have 2 infractions and a warning.

n00bonicPlague
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM
You can also look at your User CP. There is a place that lists all of your latest infractions.

Perfecttear
10-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Do you think, if you disable PM and contacts, that you become imune to infractions ? :p

n00bonicPlague
10-12-2009, 05:04 PM
lol You'll still get PMs from Admins :p

Blazur
10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Unfortunately, I am. I've got one infraction from March. It says "SPAM" as the reason,
but I don't remember what it was I posted, as it is labeled "N/A" for some odd reason.

It was probably that thread which had 100 hide tags embedded together, with some silly video buried deep down in the center. That one seemed to cause a lot of strife :D

Infractions are pretty much pointless in this forum, aren't they? I mean do they really harm your account aside from the negative connotations they project upon your ego?

LordofAscension
10-13-2009, 11:57 AM
If you get so many points (each infraction has its own value) you can either be temp or perma banned. Not to mention it serves as a history of behavior for our staff when deciding what to do about a specific trouble user.

~LoA

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 12:00 PM
It was probably that thread which had 100 hide tags embedded together, with some silly video buried deep down in the center. That one seemed to cause a lot of strife :DNah, I remember what it was. Shortly after this forum's beginnings, someone said that nothing would ever be posted in the Brood War section, and then in pure spite I made a thread with a title along the lines of "Starcraft: Broodwar is so awesome!!!" with the text body reading "YEAH!!!!!! :D" or something.

Very shortly after that, AJ gave me a temporary 5-point infraction, and the accompanying PM read something like, "Let's not start this forum off with a bunch of spam, K? :)" I can understand that I guess, but if the infraction is gonna be "temporary" shouldn't the entire notification go away? I still have the tag in my profile and in my User CP, even though it expired almost a half a year ago.

Infractions are pretty much pointless in this forum, aren't they? I mean do they really harm your account aside from the negative connotations they project upon your ego?
If you rack up enough points (30?) you get an automatic ban. However, I do believe that temporary infractions should disappear entirely. Sure, the points may be gone, but the tag is still there.

EDIT: looks like LoA beat me to it :p

LordofAscension
10-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Nah, I remember what it was. Shortly after this forum's beginnings, someone said that nothing would ever be posted in the Brood War section, and then in pure spite I made a thread with a title along the lines of "Starcraft: Broodwar is so awesome!!!" with the text body reading "YEAH!!!!!! :D" or something.

Very shortly after that, AJ gave me a temporary 5-point infraction, and the accompanying PM read something like, "Let's not start this forum off with a bunch of spam, K? :)" I can understand that I guess, but if the infraction is gonna be "temporary" shouldn't the entire notification go away? I still have the tag in my profile and in my User CP, even though it expired almost a half a year ago.

If you rack up enough points (30?) you get an automatic ban. However, I do believe that temporary infractions should disappear entirely. Sure, the points may be gone, but the tag is still there.

EDIT: looks like LoA beat me to it :p

Why would we want them to disappear - the staff wants to know the history of a user - the points are what makes it temporary but we want to know if a user is just skating under the radar to avoid a ban and then racking them back up when they expire.

~LoA

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Eh, good point......
http://www.abulsme.com/pics/2000/09/p9260050.jpg

Zabimaru
10-13-2009, 02:16 PM
All of this must mean I’m an Angel. :)
An Angel of Death.

hyde
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
It should be common sense not to be posting falsified information, but since this is the first big case of it happening, it should serve as a learning experience for everyone. Like Norfindel commented, it's far more effective to report the post than start a flame war about it.

And the staff is dealing with Gladius. He'll no longer be a problem.

As for the slow news right now, give it some time. Once the beta starts, I can guarantee that there will be more topics than ever to discuss, and it'll most likely continue on until the release of Wings of Liberty. I've received no word about even an approximate beta release beyond what you know, but hopefully sooner than later.

Oh good, I thought Gladius mind controlled everyone at the Legacy network and was sent by Blizzforum's secret shadow government haha =*)

DemolitionSquid
10-13-2009, 04:00 PM
I have a permanent infraction point on BlizzForums for racism. Its my pride and joy.

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Mr. Owl, how many infraction points does it take to get to the center of a DemolitionSquid?

DemolitionSquid
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Mr. Owl, how many infraction points does it take to get to the center of a DemolitionSquid?

Well lets see...

*one point for flaming*

*two points for spam*

*30 points for pr0n!*

Perfecttear
10-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh good, I thought Gladius mind controlled everyone at the Legacy network and was sent by Blizzforum's secret shadow government haha =*)
Nah...:p, i must confess i was Gladius, and i would like to apologize for my actions.

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Nah...:p, i must confess i was Gladius, and i would like to apologize for my actions.jHjFxJVeCQs&autoplay=1

Sarov
10-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I knew you were going to do that n00bonic. I just somehow knew. Probably because you've done it once.

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 06:08 PM
I knew you were going to do that n00bonic. I just somehow knew. Probably because you've done it once.
It's because we're destined to be together.

Sarov
10-13-2009, 06:13 PM
It's because we're destined to be together.

I'm just going to laugh at that and ignore the creepiness factor.

n00bonicPlague
10-13-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm just going to laugh at that and ignore the creepiness factor.
ZMkrk2MJYrg&autoplay=1

Ghost_828
10-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Amusing.