PDA

View Full Version : Which Edition of HotS are you going to buy?!

TheProgramer
11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I was just wondering wether or not people we're going to buy the Standard Edition, the Digital Deluxe edition, or the Collectors Edition of HotS.

I pre-ordered the Collectors edition on Amazon, and am going to get it day of! Had to pay a bit extra shipping and handling though. :(

Hawki
11-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Collectors. Pre-ordered from EB.

Gradius
11-16-2012, 07:54 PM
Standard. Could care less about cosmetic changes, and the stuff in the CE always gets leaked. Blizzard doesn't need any more money from me either.

DemolitionSquid
11-16-2012, 08:11 PM
Standard. Blizzard no longer deserves more than that.

topsecret221
11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Collector's. I'm sort of a completionist, and I got the CE of WoL. Once LotV comes around, it'll be my first series that I've gotten all three CE's.

Plus, the boxes are cool.

TheEconomist
11-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Standard AND Collector's.

Like a TAWSS!!

Turalyon
11-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Standard for me. I don't get lulled into buying useless gimmicks that easily.

TheEconomist
11-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Standard for me. I don't get lulled into buying useless gimmicks that easily.

Translation: I have no money. I kid.

Hawki
11-16-2012, 10:29 PM
Um, no?

I can't speak for either of you, but I can certainly sympathize with the notion. The only thing that interests me in the CE is the artbook. Won't deny that I wouldn't mind having the mousepad though.:)

Turalyon
11-17-2012, 12:03 AM

Um, no?

I can't speak for either of you, but I can certainly sympathize with the notion. The only thing that interests me in the CE is the artbook. Won't deny that I wouldn't mind having the mousepad though.:)

I think you missed the "I kid" part in TheE's reply, Hawki.

Besides, the real translation is that I'm just a stingy bastard. :D

Hawki
11-17-2012, 12:06 AM
I never occured to me to attempt a highight of the text...:confused:

Alar
11-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Collector's Edition here. I'll pre-order it on Amazon closer to March.

Sheliek
11-17-2012, 03:31 PM
CE. I made the mistake of not buying it for WoL (though I still got the art book for my birthday this year). I will not miss out on the segment of the game I have been most looking forward to.

Plus the first art book was great. Plus the first soundtrack had hard-to-find bonus tracks if you bought the CE. Good enough incentive for me.

RamiZ
11-17-2012, 04:18 PM
I will buy standard. I will probably buy it together with WoL, since I don't have it(playing on friend's account whole time). I would buy CE, but it really depends on the price, and I am not really that rich to pay ~100 Euro for the game(including WoL and HotS CE).

Shadow Archon
11-17-2012, 06:00 PM
CE. Collector's edition.

unknownone
11-18-2012, 06:09 AM
I didn't decide yet, because the content of the collector's edition isn't as nice as the one from WoL, which I've missed. Maybe I'll go for the standard...

TheEconomist
11-18-2012, 09:20 AM
The content for the CE is fine, however, even Mr. Moneybanks still has to admit that 80$ for it is ridiculous.

Pr0nogo
11-18-2012, 05:12 PM
There isn't an 'I won't' option?

Tyranny.

Gradius
11-18-2012, 05:33 PM
Does anybody remember spychi's infamous boycott campaign where he ended up buying it anyways? Good times. :P

Pr0nogo
11-18-2012, 06:34 PM
I was, fortunately, not here around the times of spychi.

People have wondered if I really was just him all along since I turned up around these parts. To which I obviously say, lol (http://soundcloud.com/pr0nogo/ lol-hahahahahahahahahahahah-oh-youre-serious)

TheEconomist
11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Good times.

We've got two winners here boycotting the game but begging for beta keys. Oh teh lulz!

People have wondered if I really was just him all along since I turned up around these parts.

If you're talking about me then I was joking. Spychi had entertainment value, yours is just dry nonsense.

Pr0nogo
11-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Nah Tychus, you're very rarely on my mind when I say 'people'.

Sarov
11-18-2012, 07:25 PM
I actually thought Metal was secretly Spychi. New member from Poland whose first vote in the Beta Honors thread was for me... ಠ_ಠ

Alex06
11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Standard AND Collector's.

Like a TAWSS!!
Same, but the Standard I got is meant for my best friend's birthday. x)

I'm a HUGE StarCraft fan, I have to get the Collector's.

TheEconomist
11-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Nah Tychus, you're very rarely on my mind when I say 'people'.

Then you're just deluded because no one else has accused you of being spychi. I know. I have a damn near perfect memory, I've seen almost all posts on this forum, and I ran a search.

Pr0nogo
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Aren't you a high and mighty one, cap'n my cap'n

TheEconomist
11-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Intelligence does tend to set one up higher than idiots.

Triceron
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm getting the Standard edition, and possibly get the art book when it's sold separately. The digital deluxe offers stuff for games I don't play and a special skin for a unit I don't often use, so not really worth the extra $20 for me. The Collectors I'd only want for the art book and doesn't really justify a $40+ cost just to have.

The_Blade
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll get the collector's edition because I still have faith in Blizz and I still love Starcraft ^^

Twilice
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
I didn't get collectors for WoL, so feels kind of strange to get it for HotS also. I'm also not enough interest in the extra bonus for the price.

Quirel
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Eh, I'll probably get the standard edition. Just not enough to entice me there.

TheProgramer
11-19-2012, 07:50 PM
I'll get the collector's edition because I still have faith in Blizz and I still love Starcraft ^^

BOOM Shackalaka!

TheEconomist
11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
That has to be the most wrong use of slang I've seen on this forum.

TheProgramer
11-20-2012, 11:58 AM
That has to be the most wrong use of grammar I've seen on this forum.

Pr0nogo
11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Your username and signature sure tell a lot about your excellent usage of grammar.

TheEconomist
11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Your username and signature sure tell a lot about your excellent usage of grammar.

Now, that's the kind of spychi-esque wit you need!

TheProgramer
11-20-2012, 11:22 PM

First off Pr0nogo are you really going to talk about proper spelling of Usernames? And also please refer to this for your thoughts about my mispelling of my name: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slBXDVVDLmo&feature=plcp

Joking and sarcasm aside, asking in all honesty, what's wrong, grammerly, with my sig?

TheEconomist
11-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Joking and sarcasm aside, asking in all honesty, what's wrong, grammerly, with my sig?

Ohhh God, this is just too much for my sides!!!

TheProgramer
11-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Ohhh God, this is just too much for my sides!!!

Oh shut it.

Crazy_Jonny
11-21-2012, 12:04 AM
Ehh, I'm thinking standard because it feels like they're including less this time, plus I'm not crazy about teh zergs. I'd only get the CE for the sake of ... well, completing the collection.

The_Blade
11-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Stay on topic

I made my mind on buying the WoL collector's edition mainly because I had started a collection. I'd see someone with a similar viewpoint doing so as well. It's called "Collector's edition" for a reason :D

The deluxe edition, on the other hand, is a joke. Unlike other over-rated microtransactions, there's a physical reference of a better item. You can buy the collector's edition for 15 dollars more...

GRUNT
11-21-2012, 05:10 AM
I preordered the Collector's Edition some time ago (EB takes preorders for the CE before it was even announced :P).

That said, I too am giving serious thought to cancelling my preorder and just going with the standard edition. I find myself very disappointed with a lot of the things going on in Heart of the Swarm. The competitive aspect just isn't so exciting to me anymore. We all know that a roughly 50% winrate for all races as an indicator of balance isn't that accurate because a large portion of those just come down to feast-or-famine strategies like all-in builds. Or as Zerg having X amount of Infestors by Y amount of time or not.

What's keeping me here is the first thing that got me into StarCraft way back in '98 in the first place: the story and the setting. I'm still very excited for HotS' singleplayer. And while the lack of previews leading up to the announcement of the game's release date is surprising, it's also appreciated in its own way, since I'll be in for plenty of nice surprises come March 12.

TcheQuevara
11-21-2012, 06:07 AM

Spot on :D

I totally want a CE. But I have to work two days to make that money - I mean, if I bought it in the US. It is not going to be that cheap here. And I got to buy Tche Junior's rice and beans.

I could afford the Deluxe Edition but they really screwed it up. The portraits are silly... a purple Banshee, a purple Diablo and an angry Panda. I'm actually OK with Diablo and the Panda but they are not "infested".

The decals also could use a little more work... but the Kerrigan wings for Diablo, gosh, that must be good to play with :D If the DE was a little better I'd buy it.

The CE is also a little underwhelming... It is 40$ more expensive than the game, just like WoL's CE. But you don't have the book, nor the comics, and intead of a thematic pendrive with SCBW in it, you got a... mouse pad? Well, someone droped their standards. Would be a sucker and buy it if I had the money though.

EDIT: did I mention the Omegalisk skin is lame? It is lame.

Pr0nogo
11-21-2012, 11:33 AM
Stay on topic

OH.

MY (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15263).

FUCKING (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15277).

GOD (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15269).

[Joking and sarcasm aside, asking in all honesty, what's wrong, grammerly, with my sig?

lol hahahahahaahahahahahaha oh you're serious (http://soundcloud.com/pr0nogo/lol-hahahahahahahahahahahah-oh-youre-serious)

It's cute that you made your own video discussing why you didn't call yourself a Programmer (you know, the proper FUCKING spelling of someone who programmes and writes code?) or a Progamer (the proper spelling of someone who plays games for money and fame), but you really went out of your way to try and prove me wrong for a statement that I only meant a little tiny bit.

heh, 'comming' 'gramerly' seriously kid get spellcheck and a dictionary smh

TheProgramer
11-21-2012, 07:20 PM
but you really went out of your way to try and prove me wrong for a statement that I only meant a little tiny bit.

heh, 'comming' 'gramerly' seriously kid get spellcheck and a dictionary smh

Thanks for not answering the question. Check the date of the video dude. And yes I made some gramtical mistakes so sue me.

TheEconomist
11-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Check the date of the video dude. And yes I made some gramtical mistakes so sue me.

Ahhhh good. You're just trolling. I was worried you were serious for a second.

Also, fuck your lame ass colored font.

Sheliek
11-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Now, now, boys. Let's return to the very interesting topic of what version of the game we'll get.

Triceron
11-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Starter Edition.

Alar
12-01-2012, 01:28 AM
Starter Edition.
One cannot 'buy' the Starter Edition. Your statement is invalid as an answer to the question!

TcheQuevara
12-01-2012, 11:36 PM
One cannot 'buy' the Starter Edition. Your statement is invalid as an answer to the question!

What do you mean? I payed $20 dollars on my cousin's starter edition before I got the full game.

TheEconomist
12-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Must be a Brazil thing.

God Bless The Rest.

Triceron
12-02-2012, 05:49 PM

It was a response to Muspelli, not the OP derp

TheEconomist
12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Not nearly obvious enough to be derp.

Pr0nogo
12-02-2012, 09:52 PM
And certainly not nearly derp enough to be me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fiSXQBw3wo8/T1wJS2NNLCI/AAAAAAAACJY/j-KEHeeE78U/s1600/derpy+the+derp+dog+hurrr+durrr+herp+derp.jpg

TcheQuevara
12-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Must be a Brazil thing.

God Bless The Rest.

:) Over there, sir. You're on Candid Camera.

TheEconomist
12-03-2012, 08:29 PM
I would say something witty but the above picture would suffice.

Quirel
12-04-2012, 01:34 AM
And certainly not nearly derp enough to be me.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fiSXQBw3wo8/T1wJS2NNLCI/AAAAAAAACJY/j-KEHeeE78U/s1600/derpy+the+derp+dog+hurrr+durrr+herp+derp.jpg
Getting away from petty nationalism, what the Hell is the appeal in dogs like that? Dogs in general have a problem with drool, but then you give one a mouth like that and bug-eyes to boot, and I have to question your sanity.

Pr0nogo
12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
The appeal is in the retardation, probably. A lot of people - especially Americans, it seems - enjoy retarded things.

Sheliek
12-07-2012, 09:20 AM
It was a response to Muspelli, not the OP derpWhat did I say that was colossally stupid this time?