PDA

View Full Version : Warhound idea - Damage bonus against shields

BacklitAvenger
11-01-2012, 06:44 AM
So I had an idea of what to do with the Hellion. AFAIK it was designed to make mech a valid strategy against Protoss.

The issue was that it's damage bonus gave it greater firepower per unit than any other unit in the game.

I propose changing the damage bonus to extra damage awarded against shields, instead of its current damage additive. That would reduce its DPS overall while still fulfilling the role of getting Terran armor in the game vs Protoss.

Any thoughts?

Triceron
11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
I always thought they just made the warhound's base damage too powerful on top of the added bonus they got. Zealots and Archons could've been an appropriate answer to that with a bit of fine tuning.

That being said, changing its role to be anti-shields is kind of weird to me, since you wouldn't even see this in a TvT matchup which it was sort of intended to be used in as well. A unit designed for purely one matchup is not exactly a great design idea IMO.

DemolitionSquid
11-01-2012, 01:31 PM
What I never understood is why they didn't give the Mothership Core a bonus versus shields since it was designed specifically to help in early PvP.