PDA

View Full Version : Making Protoss feel like Protoss

topsecret221
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6794032960?page=1

What do you think about this? I personally love the changes proposed, and I'd like to see most of these changes thrown into a test map on the B.net Arcade.

DemolitionSquid
10-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I saw this thread, and while I'm a Protoss player and think these changes would be "interesting" (to say the least), I feel that they're simply too big a change from the foundation that's been laid for Blizzard to ever really consider testing or implementing.

topsecret221
10-11-2012, 08:16 PM
It would certainly fix the stale match-up that is currently PvP

DemolitionSquid
10-11-2012, 08:23 PM
It would certainly fix the stale match-up that is currently PvP

What needs to be done to fix PvP is to make Stargate play a viable strategy. A way to counter death-balls of Colossus/Stalker. I feel that the Tempest, Carrier, Void Ray, Phoenix, Oracle, and Mothership can solve this if they are tweaked appropriately.

The Tempest NEEDS to be cheaper. There's no excuse for 300/300. 250/200 is the max I would ever set this unit at. Its current damage of 30+20 vs Massive is acctually OK by me, because its goal in PvP is picking off Colossi and Motherships in a reasonable fashion.

I hate the Carrier. Nigh, LOTHE. Its broken, theres no other way to put it. However, I acknowledge that using Nony's leash range idea could significantly improve the units actual use in legitimate ladder play.

RamiZ
10-12-2012, 09:38 AM
There are some good points in his thread, he also make a thread on TL. And he did make the same thread (http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=374850) about the Zerg, which also have some interesting and cool ideas. Good thing about this is that Blizzard saw his thread, and both DB and DK made a comment about it, so they won't redesign the race as a whole, as his idea is, but will take a look at some units.

flak4321
10-12-2012, 12:16 PM
I personally feel all the mirror matchups have gotten a little stale.

As for countering deatballs in PvP, if you scout a deathball build early, just go mass voids. Stalkers don't beat voids in numbers. You pretty much force your opponent into base race or bust.

To come back to topic, while I thought the thread was very thoughtful, I also thought many of his suggestions contradicted his original goal. While I agree the suggested changes would be dramatic and overall would be positive, I do not feel the assymetry created by having strong, expensive units is in so many cases helped by making them less expensive and weaker, or in some cases more expensive and weaker, but with more specialized bonuses to damage.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the dragoon's upgrade at the old cyb core was strictly a +2 range upgrade, not a damage upgrade, right?

topsecret221
10-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but the dragoon's upgrade at the old cyb core was strictly a +2 range upgrade, not a damage upgrade, right?

That is, indeed, correct.

flak4321
10-13-2012, 11:23 AM
That is, indeed, correct.

Ah. Thank you very much. ;)