PDA

View Full Version : Our HotS Changes Checklist

DemolitionSquid
10-04-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm making this thread to consolidate our wants/needs for HotS with what Blizzard accomplishes. As they patch the beta and meet (or don't) our expectations, I'll edit this main post and cross off the checklist item by item. I'll be starting with my own desires/expectations, but this is a community checklist, so post anything you want to add and I'll put it in this main post. For example, if you wanted Blizzard to add another interactive map doodad other than Xel'Nage Watchtower or Destructible/Collapsable rocks, just say so and I'll pop it in.

-----

General Changes
(Void)

Unit Changes
Minimum - Add 2 Completely New Units Per Race - 2/3

Terran - 1/2
Widow Mine
?

Protoss - Check
Tempest
Oracle

Zerg - Check
Swarm Host
Viper

Upgrade 1 Unit Per Race - 2/3

Terran - Check
Hellion > Battle Hellion

Protoss - Check
Mothership > Mothership Core

Zerg - 0/1
?

Alter Underpowered/Overpowered/Unused Units - 3/11

Terran - 2/4
Reaper - Check - Combat Drugs/Combat Awareness
Thor
Raven
BattleCruiser -Check - Decreased Yamoto energy cost

Protoss - 0/1
Carrier

Zerg - 2/6
Overseer
Hydralisk - Check - Speed Upgrade
Infestor (Fungal Growth)
Corruptor
Ultralisk - Check- Burrow Charge
Nydus Worm

Map Changes
(Void)

Social Changes
(Void)

RamiZ
10-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Just check the Battle Cruiser, and uncheck the Raven. Ravens got its ability cost returned to WoL state, but Battle Cruiser's Yamato Cannon is 100 instead of 125 energy, which is actually great, he can snipe now 2 times high cost units.

DemolitionSquid
10-07-2012, 12:53 PM
They reverted the Raven energy change? LAME.

RamiZ
10-07-2012, 04:33 PM
I think that they will play around with it a little bit, but later in the beta, as Dustin said. He said that they want first to get the new units right, and then they will make changes(or even rework) old units. That is why they don't want old units to be changed right now, everybody were rushing Battle Cruisers with mass Ravens, instead of focusing on new units and strategies. There is certainly possibility that the Ravens change will be reverted again to the state of HOTS Beta start.