PDA

View Full Version : Modding Questions

topsecret221
09-20-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm beginning to mess with the editor, and I have quite a few questions in terms of units.

First couple of questions: How would one adjust "animation sizes" in the editor (for example, if I resize the Viking, the animation between ground and air mode is still it's original size. Similarly, a supersized Thor is still the same size in the dropship, which is tiny in comparison to it's new size)?

Secondly, how do you assign the behavior or Carrier's interceptors (the way they swarm around their target as they fire) to something like, say, a mutalisk (who stays still and sits around as it fires)?

Pr0nogo
09-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Check actor and model data for the Viking's transformation animation and the Thor's mount/dismount Medivac animation. Search for Viking and Thor respectively. You can see these links in the unit tab when you look at the unit itself.

lol just noticed that they were both norse

Look for the behaviors linked with the Interceptor unit.

Gradius
09-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Neither of those are visible from the units panel, they're separate abilities from the unit itself and can be found from the unit actor or, last resort, cinematic editor. The viking change model is called vikingmorph, and the thor dropship model is called thortransit. You can resize either of those from the model itself or the model's actor.

As for the interceptor, I'm not totally sure. I believe setting the "strafe radius" field would accomplish the strafing effect that they have, but there is no actual behavior for that. Behaviors in SC2 don't do that.

Pr0nogo
09-21-2012, 10:14 AM
I figured it was linked somehow to the actor or model data. Fuckin' GE being retarded.