PDA

View Full Version : HOTS balance patch 20.09.2012.

RamiZ
09-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Protoss

-Mothership Core
The cost of Purify is now 100. The duration of Purify has been lowered to 25 seconds. The damage of Purify has been increased from 25 to 45.

-Oracle
Entomb’s duration has increased to 30 seconds. The health of Entombed nodes has increased from 100 to 130. The duration of Revelation has increased from 30 to 45 seconds. We fixed a bug where the oracle was not correctly classified as a Psionic unit.

Terran

-Battle Hellion
While in Battle mode, the hellion is now classified as a Biological unit.

-Widow Mine
Splash damage has increased from 35 to 60.

Zerg

-Viper
We fixed a bug where the viper was not correctly classified as a Psionic unit.

Wow, Battle Hellion and Widow Mine buffs are crazy! ;D
Now we certainly get the Factory firebat.

DemolitionSquid
09-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Good job Blizzard, you're really encouraging that nostalgia by using Broodwar Terran in StarCraft 2.

RamiZ
09-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Good job Blizzard, you're really encouraging that nostalgia by putting using Broodwar Terran in StarCraft 2.

I wanted to edit my first post and write "DemoSquid will be mad"...
Too late. :(

sandwich_bird
09-20-2012, 05:39 PM
-Battle Hellion: While in Battle mode, the hellion is now classified as a Biological unit.

Huhhhhhhh wtf? Next thing you know you'll be able to heal vikings.

DemolitionSquid
09-20-2012, 05:44 PM
I wanted to edit my first post and write "DemoSquid will be mad"...
Too late. :(

Me? Mad? Don't be ridiculous. I'm ecstatic that Blizzard is finally just admitting they're fucking incompetent by bringing back old units. Where's my fucking Dragoon you lazy motherfuckers?

http://www.omega-level.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Let-It-Out..png

The_Blade
09-20-2012, 06:01 PM
This Hellion buff will destroy Zerg.

BRB

topsecret221
09-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I agree with this patch EXCEPT for the battle hellion into bio. Just give it more armor or something instead (make different units different, please. Firebats are Brood War and WoL campaign units).

TheProgramer
09-20-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm not being sarcastic when asking this: Why is the hellion change a buff?

Pr0nogo
09-20-2012, 08:29 PM
It's a change from mechanical into biological, which means Medivacs can heal them.

Sheliek
09-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to hear Blizzard's explanation for that hellion buff, lorewise.

Biosteel? Cool, how come it's only biosteel when it's walking? Pilot is more directly vulnerable? Cool, then why does it get more armour and health?

DemolitionSquid
09-20-2012, 08:54 PM
I think Blizzard is just outright trolling now. They're waving their dicks at us, Gangnam style.

TheEconomist
09-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I can't wait to hear Blizzard's explanation for that hellion buff, lorewise.

Melee is one big lorerape, aren't used to it by now, or do you still think an SCV ran repair a Battle Cruiser from the ground.

Pr0nogo
09-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Or that Reapers can see up cliffs that are about 1.5x taller than they are.

topsecret221
09-20-2012, 11:57 PM
Or that Reapers can see up cliffs that are about 1.5x taller than they are.

1.5 times using the gameplay engine.

Actually, if you scale the cliffs up to where they should be approximately (where a colossus can walk up them whereas other ground units cannot see up them), it's AT LEAST 32' tall, which is anywhere from 4 to 5 times as tall, depending on the height of the reaper itself.

Jconant
09-21-2012, 01:16 AM
medivacs/ medics could heal scvs.....not too much of a stretch to let them heal battle hellions, since its essentially as morphing battlesuit.

Pr0nogo
09-21-2012, 10:17 AM
It's too much of a stretch, dude. The only organic thing in the Battle Hellion is the pilot itself. He wouldn't constitute anything close to 25% of the global suit integrity, so healing him would be like healing the legs of the marine. SCVs shouldn't be able to be healed either, but that's an original error from BW and they never bothered to fix it up.

Quirel
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
It's too much of a stretch, dude. The only organic thing in the Battle Hellion is the pilot itself. He wouldn't constitute anything close to 25% of the global suit integrity, so healing him would be like healing the legs of the marine. SCVs shouldn't be able to be healed either, but that's an original error from BW and they never bothered to fix it up.
SCVs have always been biological/mechanical. Remember, they can be killed by Irradiate, which does nothing to purely mechanical units.

Caliban113
09-21-2012, 01:21 PM
I see - so transform > heal > transform back (?) Hmmmm

phazonjunkie
09-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow, Battle Hellion and Widow Mine buffs are crazy! ;D
Now we certainly get the Factory firebat.

I think Blizzard is just outright trolling now. They're waving their dicks at us, Gangnam style.

****THIS JUST IN****

The Warhound is now back in the game with the current build...with some
notable changes:

Ground damaged reduced to 12.
HP reduced to 125
Haywire missile ability removed. Instead, will be given a strong anti-air attack with a bonus vs armored.

Source:
http://i.imgur.com/TytdU.gif

topsecret221
09-21-2012, 03:29 PM
****THIS JUST IN****

The Warhound is now back in the game with the current build...with some
notable changes:

Ground damaged reduced to 12.
HP reduced to 125
Haywire missile ability removed. Instead, will be given a strong anti-air attack with a bonus vs armored.

Source:
http://i.imgur.com/TytdU.gif

Made me lol :D

DemolitionSquid
09-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Its just been discovered Battle Hellions can enter Bunkers through a bug related to their new Biological status.

Love beta.

Pr0nogo
09-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard intentionally lets that stay that way.

Hawki
09-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Its just been discovered Battle Hellions can enter Bunkers through a bug related to their new Biological status.

Love beta.

Gameplay-wise, don't think that's too bad an idea, considering the area of effect of flame would be good in fending off zerglings and zealots.

Not sure about the height issue though. How many spaces do they take up?

RamiZ
09-22-2012, 09:10 AM

Love beta.

I don't think it is even a bug. :D

Kimera757
09-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Can you transform battle hellions when they're in a bunker? (Probably not, but what if you modify the map editor to allow that?) Does that crash the game?

DemolitionSquid
09-22-2012, 10:40 AM
They based the Battle Hellion off the campaign Firebat coding, which could fit in Bunkers, so that's where the bug stems from. No idea about transforming them back to Buggy mode whilst inside.

Sheliek
09-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Melee is one big lorerape, aren't used to it by now, or do you still think an SCV ran repair a Battle Cruiser from the ground.

Good point.

Alar
09-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Aww man... some of this Nostalgia Mining on Blizzard's part for making the Battle Hellions more popular is getting to me. I like the idea of having one of them in my bunkers with a Marauder and a couple of Marines.

Noctis
09-22-2012, 07:47 PM
if you transform them while in the bunker the bunker will become a siege tank.

>_>

:P

Pr0nogo
09-22-2012, 10:58 PM
If they based the Hellion off of the Firebat, it'd take up two spaces in the Bunker. I'd assume, anyways.

RamiZ
09-23-2012, 07:42 AM
If they based the Hellion off of the Firebat, it'd take up two spaces in the Bunker. I'd assume, anyways.

Yup.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18256003/Screenshot2012-09-21%2001_37_31aaa.jpg

Alar
09-24-2012, 02:48 AM
RamiZ, are you in the beta?! :O

RamiZ
09-24-2012, 11:09 AM
RamiZ, are you in the beta?! :O

No, sadly no... :(
This isn't my picture, it is from TL.net.

Edit: Community Manager just said that they will address the Battle Hellion in Bunkers issue soon, so it seems that it isn't intended, or it was, but they found it too strong/wrong. lol.

flak4321
09-24-2012, 04:06 PM
No, sadly no... :(
This isn't my picture, it is from TL.net.

Edit: Community Manager just said that they will address the Battle Hellion in Bunkers issue soon, so it seems that it isn't intended, or it was, but they found it too strong/wrong. lol.

Did they say the found it too strongly wrong or wrongly strong? Lol :p

Jconant
09-26-2012, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if anyone has yet to see how the changes improved protoss. Is the oracle more effective with spell use (for example, is the reveal spell a good alternative to observers) and with the carrier back, is there still a role for the tempest. Is it conflicting with the voidray in terms of counter to heavy air.

Noctis
09-26-2012, 05:27 PM
From what I've seen it's effective to make 2-3 tempests with a ground army and gradually increase the amount of carriers, so a hard counter to carriers isnt easily achieved.

Caliban113
09-28-2012, 03:30 PM
So....are 'Widow Mines' just controllable 'Spider mines' these days? Was watching Trump's stream the other day, and hes already started this early mine aggression vs zerg (IMO, borders on the cheese-esque) its an early (6:00) 5-6 marine, 2 mine push - with decent results - was able to hold most zergs pretty well - (except in cases where the splash worked against him) - worth a watch anyway - highlighted one of Trump's more interesting WM 'experiments' here:

http://www.twitch.tv/trumpsc/b/333769919

DemolitionSquid
09-28-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't think "just controllable 'Spider mines'" is appropriate. Widow Mines directly compete for resources and build time with the Fire-Vulture (a.k.a Hellion), instead of being free per purchase. They can relocate at whim, and choose whether to attack or not. They are ultimately, I feel, a far more strategic way to play with the "mine trope" than the Spider Mine was.

Caliban113
09-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Ah - didn't realize there was a 'no attack' feature - I likes it. - and right, costs resources, but i meant more tactical similarity (map control, insta-trigger damage, etc)

Dont think it'll last in this form - especially the 'kill workers' part, but the idea of some new Terran cheese is interesting. Without a spine to guard, even just 2 mines, seems difficult for Z to stop - Not a Z player, so would like to hear from those looking forward to dealing with these. :)