PDA

View Full Version : Warhound idea: weapon refit.

Sheliek
09-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Given the current role of the warhound isn't working (anti-mech), why not make it a generalist as with the goliath?

Give it a weak main attack, the railgun, but supplement it with other, not OP, but not nerfed to hell skills. This railgun attack hits only ground, but the warhound can be refit, for a cost, to have an (one only, and it can't be changed later) additional weapon. This upgrade would be per warhound, not for the army as a whole.

The weapon refit ideas I was thinking, though they can be anything else, really, are haywire missiles for anti-mech, napalm cannon for anti-bio, gattling cannon for anti-air, and perhaps an EMP rocket for psionic or energy-wielding opponents (this would deal damage solely to energy).

These attacks would function like haywire did: they occur alongside the regular railgun attack.

Thoughts/ideas?

DemolitionSquid
09-16-2012, 03:27 PM
A mech with a weak main ground to ground attack? You mean like the ground mode Viking? >_<

The BC in WoL beta had 3 upgrades: Yamoto, Missile Barrage, and Defensive Matrix. It worked because the BC was a high-tier, high-tech, costly unit. You'd only ever see a few and they were support units. What you're advocating would let the cheap, low tech Warhound be the answer to everything. Literally. Why build any other units when I can just spam Warhounds and customize them?

This idea is terrible in every way.

Sheliek
09-16-2012, 08:39 PM
A mech with a weak main ground to ground attack? You mean like the ground mode Viking? >_<

The BC in WoL beta had 3 upgrades: Yamoto, Missile Barrage, and Defensive Matrix. It worked because the BC was a high-tier, high-tech, costly unit. You'd only ever see a few and they were support units. What you're advocating would let the cheap, low tech Warhound be the answer to everything. Literally. Why build any other units when I can just spam Warhounds and customize them?

This idea is terrible in every way.

Yeah, most people have said that, LOL. Disregard the idea.

Darkdama
09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
they removed it on beta :s i hope it comes back