PDA

View Full Version : CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

topsecret221
09-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Casted by TotalBiscuit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX0LpOXzbTc&feature=g-all-u)

I really like this game, it fulfills my desire as zerg, and I actually really like the buff to BCs. (Can't say too much else, running off to school).

Thoughts by you?

DemolitionSquid
09-14-2012, 10:42 AM
As usual, the worst part of the game was TotalBiscuit.

topsecret221
09-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't throw an ad hominem at the caster. Talk about the game.

DemolitionSquid
09-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Don't throw an ad hominem at the caster. Talk about the game.

Ugh, if I HAVE to :(

Swarm Hosts didn't do much, Viper use was shoddy. Catz won through Infestor harassment, Corruptors, and solid macro. The BC's were the only thing keeping Thorzain in the game for a good 10 minutes. He had no reason to build Thors at all, he had enough Vikings to deal with any Muta threat. That money would have been better spent towards some more Siege Tanks and Battle Hellions, but more importantly Banshees. Banshees would have destroyed the Swarm Hosts and been effective in harassing Catz, and with Vikings killing Overseers the Corruptors would never have touched the Banshees. Pretty straight forward, really.

The_Blade
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Ugh, if I HAVE to :(

Swarm Hosts didn't do much, Viper use was shoddy. Catz won through Infestor harassment, Corruptors, and solid macro. The BC's were the only thing keeping Thorzain in the game for a good 10 minutes. He had no reason to build Thors at all, he had enough Vikings to deal with any Muta threat. That money would have been better spent towards some more Siege Tanks and Battle Hellions, but more importantly Banshees. Banshees would have destroyed the Swarm Hosts and been effective in harassing Catz, and with Vikings killing Overseers the Corruptors would never have touched the Banshees. Pretty straight forward, really.

You would be surprised at how fast a Zerg can transition from swarmhost to corruptors. Or fungal the whole mesh down to the ground. Terran air vs Zerg is really hard in the middle late game. It works when you cripple his economy, but that early Zergling harrass was the start of the end for Thorzain.

Visions of Khas
09-14-2012, 10:10 PM
As usual, the worst part of the game was TotalBiscuit.
I thought his voice was soft and creamy. Moreover I found his commentary pretty useful in terms of understanding the roles of the new units in HotS. It was a beautiful game, to be sure.

Burrow charge is terrifying. (I wonder how they'll explain that in the lore?)

DemolitionSquid
09-14-2012, 11:35 PM
TotalBiscuit is in my top 3 "Worst Casting Voices" along with Husky and Crota. They could all be Grand Master and know every single nuance and it wouldn't change the fact their voices make me cringe in agony.

Visions of Khas
09-15-2012, 12:36 PM
I agree with you on Husky. He reminds me of this other guy on Youtube, BradtheRad, who does Let's Plays of FPSs. Really whiney voice and annoying as hell. But, on Biscuit... sorry, I've got a thing for Brits.

DemolitionSquid
09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
I agree with you on Husky. He reminds me of this other guy on Youtube, BradtheRad, who does Let's Plays of FPSs. Really whiney voice and annoying as hell. But, on Biscuit... sorry, I've got a thing for Brits.

A good British caster is dApollo. His voice is a bit higher, but no where near as shrill as Husky. Bonus, he acctually plays at a master level so his commentary has a fundamental understanding of the game many other casters lack because they're just not that good at playing it in the first place.

topsecret221
09-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I agree with VoK here as well, TB's voice is pretty fun to listen to (if it wasn't already obvious).

RamiZ
09-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Huh, didn't see this thread earlier. I like TB, one of my favorite casters out there.

On the game, seems like that both players were having fun. Thorzain played greedy, going for fast exp without much support from units, and then he didn't make a wall with the Barrack, resulting in losing too many SCVs. It was pretty much over from there, with Infestors killing even more SCVs and constant Roaches harass etc.

The only thing why Thorzain stayed in the game that long is because CatZ's attacks were terrible at several occasions. His first Viper attack was disaster because the Tanks were really spread, and he used Blinding Cloud on Tanks instead of Abduct. His Swarm Hosts didn't do much because he is one of the players that doesn't use the wave of Locusts but constant stream, which is a lot worse, because Locusts aren't tanky, and die quickly, especially to Siege Tanks. If he had all those Swarm Hosts(12 of them) spread and attacking at the same time, same location, he would've won easily with only them, since Thorzain didn't have much at the time beside few Thors and Siege Tanks. Than CatZ threw his whole army of Ultralisks...

Anyway, game was pretty entertaining, but after the 50 workers killed from CatZ, he could've just went for normal Zerg build and win anyway, without new units. As I said, both players were just screwing around, if they both played on their level, CatZ wouldn't be able to take 1 game out of 10 from ThorZain. He is pretty average Zerg among the foreigners, same as Destiny, the strongest point in his play is that he is creative and will do a lot of things that other pro players don't.

orderjon
12-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Hmm There is a great way to show our skills and i wana say something with you but its secret::-) I hope you will continue your effort.
all things are possible (http://www.allthingsarepossible.com.au/)