PDA

View Full Version : Forum Reputation

TheProgramer
09-12-2012, 04:32 PM
I have a couple questions about the Reputation System in the forums that the FAQ didn't answer.

1. How does one go from a "Junior Member", to a regular "Member"?
-is it only by people clicking ADD REP pylon-icon, or is it based on number of forum posts? How many does it take?

2. What are all the possible ratings?
-ie. JACKED UP AND GOOD TO GO, and LITTLE MORE THAN CANNON FODDER?

3. How many positive ratigns does it take to move from one title to another?

Turalyon
09-12-2012, 07:11 PM
I can only answer Number 1 for you. The membership status is dependent on the number of posts you make. Once you get a certain threshold (200?) you jump up to "Member".

The_Blade
09-12-2012, 07:51 PM
1)Reputation and Titles are unrelated to each other. As Turalyon said, your title depends on post count.

2)Reputation phrases found are:

40< One of the Best Starfighters in the fleet
30< Has dealt terrible terrible damage
20< Is a 2 hp Banshee with 50 kills
10< Has begun on the path of ascension
0< Jacked up and ready to go
0 = little more than cannon fodder

3)Your reputation phrase will change every 10 rep points

DemolitionSquid
09-12-2012, 08:09 PM
My rep is only 27 :(. I need to whore myself out more.

The_Blade
09-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Unfortunately it's not only about whoring around :p Members need to understand that reputation exists and use it to show other members they like their content. So, +rep people when you laugh, feel amazed or mind blown by their posts.

TheProgramer
09-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Unfortunately it's not only about whoring around :p Members need to understand that reputation exists and use it to show other members they like their content. So, +rep people when you laugh, feel amazed or mind blown by their posts.

Oh I see, so I just +repped all of you for answering my question. Am I doing it right? : ^)

Also, is there titles for below neutral (a red square instead of the neutral white, or good green)?

Turalyon
09-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh I see, so I just +repped all of you for answering my question. Am I doing it right? : ^)

Also, is there titles for below neutral (a red square instead of the neutral white, or good green)?

Back at you with the rep! :)

And yes there was some "red" ones floating around some time ago. I recall one "dustinbrowder" being quite attracted to negative rep....

The_Blade
09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
IIRC a negative rep phrase was:

Has lost the path but may find it again

Edit: Actually, there is a self-defence protocol for the forum against rep spam. You need to add rep to more people before you can upvote a person again. I've been crazy on this because I can't add enought rep to Robear :P

TheProgramer
09-12-2012, 11:12 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26671279.jpg

TheProgramer
09-13-2012, 10:06 AM
Funny that I had brought up this subject, because soon after I got regular member status! Without this thread I would of been so confused as to why it was swtiched.

TheEconomist
09-14-2012, 03:53 PM
My rep is bigger than yours

Pr0nogo
09-14-2012, 05:12 PM
That statement unfortunately reminds me of Syndrome of a Down.

LordofAscension
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
My rep is bigger than yours

This is why we've been so careful about the rep system. There was a large internal discussion about whether it would be useful to have such a system, and if it was useful, how useful.

So what are your thoughts? Is there much of a point?

~LoA

Quirel
09-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Eh, I think its fine. It's nearly invisible, wouldn't have even known it was there if nobody told me.

Pr0nogo
09-19-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't know if I should be allowed to share my thoughts on this matter. I'm little more than cannon fodder.

;)

TheEconomist
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM

How else will everyone know how utterly insiginificant they are in the presence of my greatness?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2wyVOCUxMwE/TaTeYE7rq3I/AAAAAAAAAg8/acN4nM9OT3k/s1600/Kneel_before_Zod_300.jpg

In all seriousness, I think it serves a purpose. Maybe not so much as a gauge of how useful a poster is, but certainly in terms of giving it. I feel a bit better giving rep than just saying. "So true!"

TheProgramer
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
This is why we've been so careful about the rep system. There was a large internal discussion about whether it would be useful to have such a system, and if it was useful, how useful.

~LoA

I enjoy the system. I can tell you it has caused me to post more. I've created and partcipated in more dicusssion because I didn't like the label of Junior. I have been with you guys for some time, and I'm glad that I have been motivated to post more. It helps me enjoy this community.

It also is helpful for showing who should be taken seriously, and who should be disregarded as a person with poor ideas and often behaves foolishly.

It isn't widely used unfortunatley.

But downvoing two people who are having a flame war in almost every thread, might help to deter such behavior.

TheProgramer
11-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Found a small problem I don't like. I gave someonepositeve rep a while ago, and now I want to give him negative rep. It wont let me giveit to him saying i Need to spread the rep around more - doing this before seeing if I wanted to give him postive or negative rep. Me no likes.

Pr0nogo
11-22-2012, 12:25 AM
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu2/Pronogo/gramer.jpg

ahahahahaahahahaha the grammar tells me it's YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU

TheProgramer
12-27-2012, 11:07 AM

You know when you laugh at me, it hurts.

TheProgramer
12-27-2012, 11:07 AM

You know when you laugh at me, it hurts.