PDA

View Full Version : First HotS beta patch!

RamiZ
09-07-2012, 05:55 PM
We will be bringing down the beta server today at 4:30 PM PDT in order to perform a few balance changes. We do not expect a lengthy downtime and will report to this thread when the service is live after the maintenance. Below are the changes being implemented:

BALANCE CHANGES

- Warhound Weapon attack delay has increased from 1.3 to 1.7.
- Swarm host locust attack damage has decreased from 16 to 14.
- Viper Consume can no longer be used on creep tumors.
- Oracle Preordain duration has decreased from 2 min to 1 min.
- Viper Blinding Cloud now hits everything, but the radius of effect has reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
- Widow mines will no longer damage each other with their splash damage.
- The bug affecting the Overlord speed upgrade has been fixed. Upgraded Overlords will now travel at the expected speed of 1.88.

HOTKEY CHANGES

Oracle
- Revelation has changed from E to R.
- Entomb has changed from R to E.

Mothership Core
- Energize has changed from N to E.
- Purify has changed from E to F.

Swarm host
- Spawn locust has changed from W to C.

Fleet Beacon
- Research Gravity Sling has changed from T to G.
- Research Bosonic Core has changed from G to A.

Hydralisk Den
- Evolve Muscular Augments has changed from C to A.

source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6521292436#1

Of course, there will be a lot of working around here, and a lot of patches, but I think they are going in the right direction after the 3 days of Beta.

I like the Swarm Hosts and Warhound nerfs(even though, Warhound maybe needs to be nerfed even more?), and I absolutely love the Viper buff.

DemolitionSquid
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Well its nice to see they noticed along with the rest of us that the Warhound and Locust were OP.

Gifted
09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
The Locust were especially OP. There is no reason why two Swarm Hosts creating 4 locust can kill 3 roaches at spawn before they die to a wave of 18+ roaches. They should NOT be that efficient

RamiZ
09-08-2012, 02:44 AM
The Locust were especially OP. There is no reason why two Swarm Hosts creating 4 locust can kill 3 roaches at spawn before they die to a wave of 18+ roaches. They should NOT be that efficient
Roaches are 75/25, Swarm Hosts are 200/100.
Am I missing something? 4 Locusts still can kill 3 Roaches, I am pretty sure, 14 damage is a nerf, but it isn't huge nerf.

Kimera757
09-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Perhaps it was a comparison of using roaches rather than locusts to besiege an enemy base?

The_Blade
09-08-2012, 11:07 AM
Basically, you are fighting a ghost army when facing Swarm Hosts. Attacking the locusts is a crazy play most of the times.

Skyze
09-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Yea when I get beta, I plan on avoiding any conflict with swarm hosts, just sidestepping or waiting for voidray /tempests to kill the sh. It's gonna be difficult but Hopefully the production cost makes it unlikely earlygame.

I'm afraid of swarm host doomdrops with roaches lol

DemolitionSquid
09-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I find a big problem is that no one ever gets enough detection. It's almost like even the pros forget Cloaking exists half the time. I've seen SO many games where an extra Observer or two, or a single Raven, or a couple Overseers would have completely changed the game. Everyone just seems so afraid to "waste" money on detection.

Jconant
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
From the games I've seen so far, only in specific circumstances getting a bunch of tempests was useful...but getting enough to effectively snipe means minimizing your deathball. That kind of meta is only going to work with effective scouting on the part of protoss- lots of obs or using the oracle well.

Gifted
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I did a highlight of a game that showed how roaches vs locusts were in patch 1. This was my placement match against SKTRain. I highlighted a good small set of skirmishes with the locusts vs Roaches for comparison. Seriously, they just didn't die easily and were able to tear the units apart.

Please don't judge the skill, I have 6 months worth of rust and the nervousness of playing an eSports legend on this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/legacyobserver/b/331547523

RamiZ
09-09-2012, 03:11 AM
Something interesting that we might see being done in the future! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kcDPJFN5VUU

To be honest, this way you don't have to upgrade the drops, and it is much faster because Vipers are really fast units. And the same way you can save your units without them being sniped when they are inside the Overlord, lol. ^^

Rake
09-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Something interesting that we might see being done in the future! :D

Perhaps it will also be used to save slow broodlords that are out of position.

I think we will see a lot of really cool use for the viper.

Skyze
09-09-2012, 12:43 PM
That isgood. zerg had some good units added. Im happy for widow mines too, but wish Protoss had something equally as cool.

DemolitionSquid
09-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Zerg BY FAR got the best changes - Swarm Host, Viper, Ultralisk Charge and Hydra speed. All looking very good. Protoss comes in second with the Oracle and Mothership Core working well, but the 22 range Tempest is an underwhelmingly stupid quick-fix. Then there's Terran who just got shafted, with only the Widow Mine worthy of note. The Warhound is an uninspired Marauder clone, and the Battle Hellion is a pathetic shoehorning of the nigh-useless Firebat.

RamiZ
09-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Zerg BY FAR got the best changes - Swarm Host, Viper, Ultralisk Charge and Hydra speed. All looking very good. Protoss comes in second with the Oracle and Mothership Core working well, but the 22 range Tempest is an underwhelmingly stupid quick-fix. Then there's Terran who just got shafted, with only the Widow Mine worthy of note. The Warhound is an uninspired Marauder clone, and the Battle Hellion is a pathetic shoehorning of the nigh-useless Firebat.
I disagree with you. I mean, yes, Zerg got the best changes, but most of the people are whining about Protoss and how they got only Mothership core that is worth a note. I don't have opinion on Protoss yet, I have to see Pros using new units to the full potential so I can make the judgement. On the other hand, I dislike how strong Warhound is, but numbers can be tweaked. Widow Mine is a joke when it costs 2 supply, and Battle Hellion is currently the best addition. That unit alone makes Mech viable, even without Warhound. I've seen many timing attacks with Battle Hellions and Marines/Warhounds/Banshees that weren't possible before just because they died too fast. It isn't useless at all, and they made it 1000 times better. With that addition Hellions went from one-dimensional unit(worker killer), to great unit that can be played in a different ways. I know that you don't like it, because it is basically a buffed Firebat, but it does its job pretty damn well.

Also, you are including the Hydras and Ultras buffs but didn't include the Terran units buffs? Battle Cruiser's Yamato Cannon cost 100 energy(from people on TL net, didn't test it so don't know if it is true), Raven speed has been buffed from 2.25 to 2.5, and HSM energy cost is reduced to 100. Reapers got drugs by default and still have the speed upgrade, which makes them pretty threatening units at the start of the game.

Edit: Wanted to say that Widow Mines are really really cool, I like everything about that unit, but really need to tweak the supply and AoE damage. 2 Supply for a Mine is useless because they don't kill stuff, you trade 1 Mine for 1 Roach/Zergling/Marine/Zealot, and if you are lucky, you deal 35 AoE damage. They have to be 1 supply, and with it, damage can stay as it is right now.

DemolitionSquid
09-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I disagree with you. I mean, yes, Zerg got the best changes, but most of the people are whining about Protoss and how they got only Mothership core that is worth a note. I don't have opinion on Protoss yet, I have to see Pros using new units to the full potential so I can make the judgement. On the other hand, I dislike how strong Warhound is, but numbers can be tweaked. Widow Mine is a joke when it costs 2 supply, and Battle Hellion is currently the best addition. That unit alone makes Mech viable, even without Warhound. I've seen many timing attacks with Battle Hellions and Marines/Warhounds/Banshees that weren't possible before just because they died too fast. It isn't useless at all, and they made it 1000 times better. With that addition Hellions went from one-dimensional unit(worker killer), to great unit that can be played in a different ways. I know that you don't like it, because it is basically a buffed Firebat, but it does its job pretty damn well.

Also, you are including the Hydras and Ultras buffs but didn't include the Terran units buffs? Battle Cruiser's Yamato Cannon cost 100 energy(from people on TL net, didn't test it so don't know if it is true), Raven speed has been buffed from 2.25 to 2.5, and HSM energy cost is reduced to 100. Reapers got drugs by default and still have the speed upgrade, which makes them pretty threatening units at the start of the game.

I've been hearing rave reviews for the Oracle's Entomb and Precognition abilities, so there's that.

My loathing for the Warhound and Firebat comes from how completely uninspired, insipid, and desperate they are. I acknowledge their effectiveness in combat, but that doesn't change the sad fact that Blizzard basically gave up on creating anything new and reskinned two other units. I feel a real sense of disappointment that Blizzard had to resort to such cheap gimmicks just to meet their "two new units" quota.

As for the upgrades, aside from the Reaper healing they're minor stat changes to existing things, a simple balance patch. If the Battle Cruiser or Raven got new abilities or upgrades like the Hydra and Ultra, I'd be far more excited since we're taking about a complete expansion pack and not a quick-fix patch.

On Reaper healing, I don't honestly see it affecting anything in the way all the other changes do. Reapers will come back into play for a time as players adjust, but they are just so weak in HP until the heal kicks in out of combat that any base raiding situation they'll enter after the 10 minute mark will bear the same results it does now. They won't replace Marines in the army, and if someone wishes to to truly make use of them in raiding they'll have to be used with Medevacs, which negates most of the purpose of giving them self healing anyway. If Blizzard wanted to honestly make Reapers better, they'd increase their HP or armor to keep them alive long enough to deal damage in the enemy base without a thought of retreat. Reapers have always been best used as suicide units - no one expects them to come back alive, nor should they.

RamiZ
09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
On Reaper healing, I don't honestly see it affecting anything in the way all the other changes do. Reapers will come back into play for a time as players adjust, but they are just so weak in HP until the heal kicks in out of combat that any base raiding situation they'll enter after the 10 minute mark will bear the same results it does now. They won't replace Marines in the army, and if someone wishes to to truly make use of them in raiding they'll have to be used with Medevacs, which negates most of the purpose of giving them self healing anyway. If Blizzard wanted to honestly make Reapers better, they'd increase their HP or armor to keep them alive long enough to deal damage in the enemy base without a thought of retreat. Reapers have always been best used as suicide units - no one expects them to come back alive, nor should they.
Yes, I was thinking the same way as you are right now, just before I saw Thorzain killing ~10 Marines with 2 Reapers. He was kiting and killing Marines 1 by 1, in 3 Shots(Reapers got damage buffed vs. light units btw), he killed 5 of them, retreated from combat with both Reapers red on health. After 10 seconds, he came back for more Marines. Also, Demuslim won against some Terran that went 1-Rax-CC build with just 2 Reapers and labeled them as overpowered now. I don't think that they are overpowered, but I think that they are decent in the early game.

DemolitionSquid
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Yes, I was thinking the same way as you are right now, just before I saw Thorzain killing ~10 Marines with 2 Reapers. He was kiting and killing Marines 1 by 1, in 3 Shots(Reapers got damage buffed vs. light units btw), he killed 5 of them, retreated from combat with both Reapers red on health. After 10 seconds, he came back for more Marines. Also, Demuslim won against some Terran that went 1-Rax-CC build with just 2 Reapers and labeled them as overpowered now. I don't think that they are overpowered, but I think that they are decent in the early game.

I agree they're powerful early game, that's why I said it'll revert to WoL standard after they've been balanced and players can counter them and defend after 10 minutes in game.

Rake
09-10-2012, 05:24 AM
My loathing for the Warhound and Firebat comes from how completely uninspired, insipid, and desperate they are. I acknowledge their effectiveness in combat, but that doesn't change the sad fact that Blizzard basically gave up on creating anything new and reskinned two other units. I feel a real sense of disappointment that Blizzard had to resort to such cheap gimmicks just to meet their "two new units" quota.

I don't particularly like the new terran units either. I think it is pretty stupid that a cheap, utilitarian buggy transforms into a walking unit.

Still, I think part of the reason for the lameness is that Terran already has so much awsome stuff that jamming in extra things and keeping balance is quite tricky. Imagine if they were only adding the Banshee now, or the Planetary Fortress. Everyone would think they are great new additions. But they can't because their roles are already taken.

Blizzard had only one thing they could do for Terran when came to HotS. Fix Terran mech.

Still, I wish that the warhound had treads and the hellion didn't 'transform'.

Well, I don't play Terran anyway so it wont bother me. :D

MulletBen
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Just a couple of things:
1. Battle hellions are seriously different from firebats, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't seriously considered the implications of the unit. Yes, it has similar movement speed, health and attack; it plays a similar role. At first glance, it is for all intents and purposes a firebat, but take a closer look. To start, it costs no gas, is mechanical, and is built from a factory. These are obvious results of them being a transformer for hellions, and you'd be right in dismissing them as trivial details, if they were the only difference. But the clearest difference between the firebat and the battle hellion is that the firebat could never transform into a buggy. Think about that for a moment. You say firebats are nigh useless, and you're completely correct. They're only good against, what, lings and zealots? and so are battle hellions. But buggy hellions are good for scouting, denying creep, and harassing drones, something firebats could never do. Buggy hellions can kite lings, and they do pretty well, but if they're surrounded, they're screwed. Buggy hellions aren't very good against zealots either. But battle hellions are. And here's the deal breaker: they're the same unit. You arent just buying a battle hellion or a buggy hellion; you're buying both. Think about it. No one buys a siege tank for its tank mode, at least not when there are marauders. But there are plenty of situations where an unsieged tank is better than a sieged tank. By adding the battle hellion, you aren't adding a new unit, you're giving an old unit an upgrade.

2. It's SM, not HSM, Hunter Seeker Missile is a terrible name that's way longer than necessary and blizzard rightfully ditched. People who say seeker missile aren't trying to be short, they're calling the ability by its actual fucking name. People who say hunter seeker missile or HSM have never looked at the tooltip for the spell and at using a name that is so archaic it DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT TO FUCKING BETA.

Sorry, just a couple pet peeves of mine.

DemolitionSquid
09-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Still, I think part of the reason for the lameness is that Terran already has so much awsome stuff that jamming in extra things and keeping balance is quite tricky. Imagine if they were only adding the Banshee now, or the Planetary Fortress. Everyone would think they are great new additions. But they can't because their roles are already taken.

I fully agree. I can quote multiple posts from years ago where I said Blizzard would better off leaving the Reaper and Banshee for the expansion packs.

Just a couple of things:
1. Battle hellions are seriously different from firebats, and anyone who says otherwise hasn't seriously considered the implications of the unit. Yes, it has similar movement speed, health and attack; it plays a similar role. At first glance, it is for all intents and purposes a firebat, but take a closer look. To start, it costs no gas, is mechanical, and is built from a factory. These are obvious results of them being a transformer for hellions, and you'd be right in dismissing them as trivial details, if they were the only difference. But the clearest difference between the firebat and the battle hellion is that the firebat could never transform into a buggy. Think about that for a moment. You say firebats are nigh useless, and you're completely correct. They're only good against, what, lings and zealots? and so are battle hellions. But buggy hellions are good for scouting, denying creep, and harassing drones, something firebats could never do. Buggy hellions can kite lings, and they do pretty well, but if they're surrounded, they're screwed. Buggy hellions aren't very good against zealots either. But battle hellions are. And here's the deal breaker: they're the same unit. You arent just buying a battle hellion or a buggy hellion; you're buying both. Think about it. No one buys a siege tank for its tank mode, at least not when there are marauders. But there are plenty of situations where an unsieged tank is better than a sieged tank. By adding the battle hellion, you aren't adding a new unit, you're giving an old unit an upgrade.

No one is arguing the Battle Hellion's power or utility. We all agree the unit is performing exceedingly well. We hate the unit from a purely "creative" angle. That is to say, there was a complete and utter lack of creativity in its inception.

Blizzard and I have a long history of disagreement over how to design this game. I believe that StarCraft 2 should be a separate game from Brood War and include as many new units, new abilities, and new ideas as they can. A logical problem > fix approach to creation, encouraging interesting strategies, tactics, micro, and tension. Blizzard is ruled by nostalgia and the "rule of cool," which has led to the creation and retention of units that are a fraction of their possible glory or simply do not work at all, such as the Thor and Carrier. Basically, I don't agree with the current Blizzard developers on how they're balancing their acknowledgement of the games origins, and the need to innovate and improve.

RamiZ
09-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Just a couple of things:
2. It's SM, not HSM, Hunter Seeker Missile is a terrible name that's way longer than necessary and blizzard rightfully ditched. People who say seeker missile aren't trying to be short, they're calling the ability by its actual fucking name. People who say hunter seeker missile or HSM have never looked at the tooltip for the spell and at using a name that is so archaic it DIDNT EVEN MAKE IT TO FUCKING BETA.

Sorry, just a couple pet peeves of mine.
Stop whining and assuming wrong things. You are also calling Hellions a "buggy hellions" which is retarded by itself, and what, I should be pissed because word "buggy" is painful to read? Get a fucking grip...
I know that HSM is called Seeker Missile, I just got used to it from alpha days when that ability is first time implemented.

Jabber Wookie
09-11-2012, 02:50 AM
I don't understand all of the protoss complaints; however, I only played zerg and terran in WOL. But if the complaints are purely based on the fact that protoss got the least number of new units and abilities worth mentioning, who cares? If it's balanced and protoss can still compete, then I would argue it makes perfect since considering Protoss definitely received the most dramatic changes from SC1 to WoL. If it isn't balanced and Protoss is now at a major disadvantage then I think complaints are valid. But if the complaints are only concerned with protoss being the least changed, then join the zerg and terran club when WoL came out.

Protoss got blink, charge, warp-in, collossus, mothership, sentry, void ray, phoenix, all of which are drastically different from any protoss unit in SC1 (excluding the tweaks to stalkers/aka dragoons and zealots). Terran got a new science vessel, marauder which is by no means imaginitively different from standard infantry, and hellions which are mechanized firebats. Zerg got banelings and that's it from an imaginitive PoV. Roaches are ground attack only hydras, brood lords are tweaked guardians, and queens are just a macro mechanic for the most part.

I don't see any reason to overwhelm the first of two more expansions with new useless units that get nerfed into pointlessness. The warhound already seems a bit pointless, given that if it is useful it will just replace the marauder. Or the marauder and warhound will both become equally boring. Even the swarm hosts as of right now seem wonky. It's a cool concept for sure. But I don't like watching games in which someone is dominating with sacraficial units worth no supply only to either win or finally be killed (swarm hosts included) and then themselves are destroyed because they have no useful units once the essential production facility is destroyed (i.e. swarm host).

Jabber Wookie
09-11-2012, 02:58 AM

I completely agree with this. The warhound and battle hellion are ridiculously uninspired. Nothing against Transformers, but is that all the terran race is now based on? Seriously, I hate the idea that in some future game, a terran player is going to put battle hellions in walking mode, vikings in walking mode, have thors and warhounds, 4 units that look almost conceptually identical if clumped up enough. It will look so bland and boring its ridiculous.

Rake
09-11-2012, 03:12 AM
A terran player is going to put battle hellions in walking mode, vikings in walking mode, have thors and warhounds, 4 units that look almost conceptually identical if clumped up enough. It will look so bland and boring its ridiculous.

Robots in disguise as Terrans.

mythology
09-11-2012, 09:17 AM
battle hellions in walking mode, vikings in walking mode, have thors and warhounds, 4 units that look almost conceptually identical if clumped up enough. It will look so bland and boring its ridiculous.

vikings = decepticons
hellions = autobots
thors = anime
warhounds = mech warrior
goliath = robocop

i guess if your not a mech fan the differences and appeal would seem bland and boring.

i like the warhound's look ;) nostalgic of those sega genesis times.

flak4321
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
vikings = decepticons
hellions = autobots
thors = anime
warhounds = mech warrior
goliath = robocop

i guess if your not a mech fan the differences and appeal would seem bland and boring.

i like the warhound's look ;) nostalgic of those sega genesis times.

It reminds me of a unit in (I think) C&C2: Tiberium Dawn that was a similar walker type unit with a very similar model and attack types.

DemolitionSquid
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
It reminds me of a unit in (I think) C&C2: Tiberium Dawn that was a similar walker type unit with a very similar model and attack types.

I believe the unit you are referring to is the Titan.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1808/222856-61114769_super.jpg

Shadow Archon
09-11-2012, 03:46 PM

I don't care about the inefficiency of using a mech design over a tank. Titans are awesomely cool. :D

The Thor reminds me of this:

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/103//TOY-RBT-1184_07.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

As for on-topic, how effective are Swarm Hosts and Nydus Worms used together?

flak4321
09-11-2012, 03:57 PM

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1808/222856-61114769_super.jpg

Thanks DS, that would be it!

Raif
09-11-2012, 03:59 PM
goliath = robocop

Ohh yes That robot was so nice.

I must say that I have never been a big fan of the hellion, for it's worker killing caperbilitys and speed. But I must say I do like the battle hellion and how it can work as support unit.

flak4321
09-11-2012, 04:00 PM
As for on-topic, how effective are Swarm Hosts and Nydus Worms used together?

Very. I can't post them because I can't remember the precise MUs, but HD and Husky each have at least one video on their youtube channels showing a well-fortified base suddenly becoming not so well fortified with worms placement creating mutli-pronged assaults.

Shadow Archon
09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Very. I can't post them because I can't remember the precise MUs, but HD and Husky each have at least one video on their youtube channels showing a well-fortified base suddenly becoming not so well fortified with worms placement creating mutli-pronged assaults.

I'll need to check his vids.

The question was brought up in a day9 vid I saw yesterday. Guess I'll go look for it.

Quirel
09-12-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't care about the inefficiency of using a mech design over a tank. Titans are awesomely cool. :D
*eye twitches*
*blood vessel bursts*

Shadow Archon
09-12-2012, 01:05 AM
*eye twitches*
*blood vessel bursts*

Look, only GDI mechs get the pass for me due to having the childhood protection clause. :p

I'm all for Fatboys, Bolos, Manta gunships, and other such proper vehicles in other fictions.

Rake
09-12-2012, 02:36 AM

I don't mind some mechs. But there are just so many. Giant treads can also look awsome.

http://www.uberreview.com/2007/08/top-10-toys-for-geeks-who-have-everything-part-one.htm/terminator-2-tank

flak4321
09-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I'll need to check his vids.

The question was brought up in a day9 vid I saw yesterday. Guess I'll go look for it.

Shadow, Husky posted this one recently. INVJakeBake vs WhiteRA. JakeBake nydus's swarm hosts into WhiteRa's base, which disappears. But this was not the end, oh no. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvI52Y6J2jU&feature=context-gfa

Shadow Archon
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Shadow, Husky posted this one recently. INVJakeBake vs WhiteRA. JakeBake nydus's swarm hosts into WhiteRa's base, which disappears. But this was not the end, oh no. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvI52Y6J2jU&feature=context-gfa

Thanks! Was having trouble sifting through them.

Kept coming across Swarm Host/Queen cheese

flak4321
09-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Thanks! Was having trouble sifting through them.

Kept coming across Swarm Host/Queen cheese

Yeah that isa common thing so far. The video i put up is a queen/swarm host combo play, but isn't straight cheese. I also give mad props for how white-ra responded. ;)

RamiZ
09-13-2012, 11:58 AM
Yeah that isa common thing so far. The video i put up is a queen/swarm host combo play, but isn't straight cheese. I also give mad props for how white-ra responded. ;)
To be honest that guy could've won that game quite easily. I mean, he let the White-Ra come in his base and destroy the Nydus Network without even sending back his units, he didn't even control the Xel'Naga Towers and the map is pretty big, distance is huge between those bases. That is the point of Nydus, you got the mobility... and those units were mostly Sentries, he could've sent about 5-6 Swarm Hosts, and would've defended his base easily since White-Ra didn't have Observers there and didn't have enough firepower.

But what was really good is how White-Ra destroyed Zerg's army bit by bit after he destroyed Zerg's bases. In those situations, blink Stalkers really shine. ^^

flak4321
09-14-2012, 03:10 PM
To be honest that guy could've won that game quite easily. I mean, he let the White-Ra come in his base and destroy the Nydus Network without even sending back his units, he didn't even control the Xel'Naga Towers and the map is pretty big, distance is huge between those bases. That is the point of Nydus, you got the mobility... and those units were mostly Sentries, he could've sent about 5-6 Swarm Hosts, and would've defended his base easily since White-Ra didn't have Observers there and didn't have enough firepower.

But what was really good is how White-Ra destroyed Zerg's army bit by bit after he destroyed Zerg's bases. In those situations, blink Stalkers really shine. ^^

Heh. Yeah, Jakebake could have easily saved his base, but I think he got cocky when he put white-ra into nomad mode for a bit. White-ra had a lot of sentries, but he kept those with his main army, which he retreated to defend his hidden nexus. The attack on the zerg base was mainly zealots until the worm went down, and Jakebake didn't even leave queens to spawn larvae. Also, at the time White-ra's counter reached jakebake's base, the swarm hosts and queens some distance from the worms, so I think jakebake may have assumed he couldn't get back and accepted the base-race situation.

Husky applauded the move to make spine crawlers with his drones, but also criticized why one didn't make a hatch somewhere... until Husky noticed the spines weren't burrowed and therefore not losing HP, which effectively forced White-ra into the tactics he used, but it limited the zerg's mobility. It was a good game no matter how you slice it tho. ;)