PDA

View Full Version : [HotS] Beta Key Honors

The_Blade
09-04-2012, 11:28 PM
http://sclegacy.com/images/uploaded/starcraftiinews/honors%20hots.png

Welcome! As you might remember, I hosted this same community thread (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3128&highlight=beta+honors) back during the beta for WoL.

The rules are simple:

If you voted for someone who has a "Done!" tag, that vote resets. You may then place it on another person.
You must nominate a forum member, without a beta key, who you believe deserves to play the HotS beta. (Nominating yourself is not valid)
Community members will work as sponsors and will submit beta keys through a PM to me. This beta keys will be used to admit nominated members into the beta.
A list will be created with the nominated members. The order will tell who gets the sponsored beta keys. # of nominations, reputation and time will be used to create the list.
You may post that you don't have a beta key, but begging is not allowed in this thread.
You may nominate from 1 to 3 forum members.

List:
TychusFindlay: 6
Sarov: 5
Kimera757:5
Skyze: 5
Todie: 4
Visions of Khas: 4
Turalyon: 3
Evillesh: 3
Quirel: 1
Peanutbutter: 1
Spartan13: 1
Raif: 1
Twilice: Done!
Alex06: Done!
Hawki: Done!
TheProgramer: Done!
DemolitionSquid: Done!
Gradius: Done!
sandwich_bird: Done!

My nominations once again go to Sarov and sandwich_bird

Quirel
09-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Nominate: Hawki.

Hawki
09-05-2012, 12:33 AM
Given Blade's nominations, I assume we can vote for two members? In that case, my votes would go to Quirel (repayment of nomination:)) and Kimera-what with him being the main admin of the SC Wiki, he can do the most with a beta key, what with editing the new info and the like.

Shadow Archon
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
Nominate: Kimera757
Nominate: Hawki

Skyze
09-05-2012, 05:08 AM
I remember I was doing good in the WoL one til I got a key elsewhere, lol this is cool though.

If Gifted doesn't have one, give my vote to him

(Don't have a key yet, I'll post high masters reps here if I get one, random too!)

TcheQuevara
09-05-2012, 07:03 AM
I'm a noob in this forum, can I vote too? If I can, I nominate Kimera an Hawki. The more Wiki mods, the better. I'd nominate Gradius but I don't know if he's active.

I don't have a key *wink wink*

topsecret221
09-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Presuming that Blade doesn't already have one, I nominate him. I will also nominate Visions of Khas.
By the way, thanks to both of you for being nice and reading my story a while back :D

I also have no beta key.

Spartan13
09-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Nominate Kimera757

Alex06
09-05-2012, 09:17 AM
I nominate Shadow Archon. He seems quite interested in the game and is active on the forums.

I don't have a key, but if I had one, I would create new maps using the new tilesets, help update the wiki and stream gameplay for you guys and hopefully even start commentating matches for SC2. I think I could do something great with it and provide everyone with something in return for getting a key.

Todie
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
ah.. i remember this! its how i ended up getting a key halfway thru the beta. Good times!

put my votes down for Skyze and gifted for now. saving the 3rd vote 'til some more ppl post so we know who among the good ol guys still lurk in the shadows.

DemolitionSquid
09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
That I was not the first person nominated is deeply disturbing. You will be hearing from my attorneys.

Secondly, I nominate Pr0nogo. I'm dying to hear what kind of ridiculous tripe he'll complain about after acctually playing the game.

Shadow Archon
09-05-2012, 01:05 PM
I nominate Shadow Archon. He seems quite interested in the game and is active on the forums.

While I thank you for nominating me, I'm actually just willing to wait til it comes out. I'm more of a lore/story nerd than a multiplayer person (though I do enjoy it immensely) and I don't know if I could help the Beta in the long terms of balancing it. Also, if I do happen to be part of the Beta, I just hope I can balance it with my first year in college.

I did get in Beta last time though, and I did play a few matches here and there, though eventually my computer simply couldn't take it anymore and SC2 was beyond it on all settings. I just got a new computer two weeks ago and managed to play the game again after a two year hiatus, though so at least I could actually play it now. I just need to get back on my SC2 multiplayer Toss strats. I'm really rusty in both SC1 and SC2.

As for active on the forums, this is the first time I've been back here since 2010 postwise. Still thank you, but I'm just not sure if I'm the right person to give it to.

Skyze
09-05-2012, 04:59 PM
While I thank you for nominating me, I'm actually just willing to wait til it comes out. I'm more of a lore/story nerd than a multiplayer person (though I do enjoy it immensely) and I don't know if I could help the Beta in the long terms of balancing it. Also, if I do happen to be part of the Beta, I just hope I can balance it with my first year in college.

I did get in Beta last time though, and I did play a few matches here and there, though eventually my computer simply couldn't take it anymore and SC2 was beyond it on all settings. I just got a new computer two weeks ago and managed to play the game again after a two year hiatus, though so at least I could actually play it now. I just need to get back on my SC2 multiplayer Toss strats. I'm really rusty in both SC1 and SC2.

As for active on the forums, this is the first time I've been back here since 2010 postwise. Still thank you, but I'm just not sure if I'm the right person to give it to.

Ive also just gotten back from being away since 2010.. I dont wanna make it seem like im only here for a beta key; I was good friends with Gifted and Gradius and a few others, played lots of WoL with Gradius.. but the forums havent exactly been lively in conversations other than singleplayer (which I dont play) - which is why I've been gone (Plus, just joined the Military in January 2012 so I didnt even have internet up until July)

Shadow Archon
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Ive also just gotten back from being away since 2010.. I dont wanna make it seem like im only here for a beta key; I was good friends with Gifted and Gradius and a few others, played lots of WoL with Gradius.. but the forums havent exactly been lively in conversations other than singleplayer (which I dont play) - which is why I've been gone (Plus, just joined the Military in January 2012 so I didnt even have internet up until July)

I have dial-up at home, so playing the game was always blocked by the mandatory updating after 30 day periods. It was terrible. Now that I have high speed at the college dorms though, it's so much more manageable.

Singleplayer should be great for HotS and I just can't wait. I liked the original story in WoL and I kinda of completely disagreed with Gradius' review, so as long as they don't totally mess it up, I should be happy with it. I just did my second play-through (no lag is great :D) and did notice some new things here and there, like the Dominion in Cuthroat.

Also, thank you for serving the military, regardless of where your from.

Metal
09-05-2012, 05:37 PM
My nomination goes to Sarov and i am also without the beta key :(

TheProgramer
09-05-2012, 06:14 PM
DemoSquid

Because he made me laugh . . . once.

MulletBen
09-05-2012, 07:33 PM
I nominate Skyze for being super cool and also really sick at Starcraft.

Also Gifted if he doesn't have one, because there's no reason why he shouldn't.

Gifted
09-05-2012, 08:14 PM
*winks at the peeps posting* Glad to see so much love. *waves at Skyze* Damn, missed a lot of you.

In completely ironic circumstances... I actually got a lot more time as of this week. *grins* Did I hear Season 2 of a certain stream coming up?

TheEconomist
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
It's a coin toss between pr0nogo and DSquid. DSquid is infinteily more entertaining but Pr0nogo is somewhat of a puzzling enigma I sometimes have the patience to try to figure out.

So, I'll nominate Kimera757.

Quirel
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Since I seem to have an extra vote left (2 max, right?) I also vote Sarov.

Shadow Archon
09-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Oh, I also have an extra vote.

Nominate: Visions of Khas

Metal
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Oh right, rule number 5, i can nominate 3 members, my bad, then i nominate also Spartan13 and Skyze.

Hawki
09-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Third vote goes to Turalyon.

Alar
09-06-2012, 02:10 AM
I am currently lacking a key! -nods solemnly-

I vote Skyze because I like his avatar!

Twilice
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
I nominate Todie.

EDIT:

Second nomination to Hawki, saving my third for now.

Visions of Khas
09-06-2012, 09:51 AM
I vote DemolitionSquid.

This election is more important than the presidential elections. This is all that matters. If you don't vote, the Koreans have won.

Noctis
09-06-2012, 12:06 PM
DemoSquid
Gifted
Gradius* (I know youre lurking somewhere)

DemolitionSquid
09-06-2012, 01:48 PM
After some thought, my final two votes go to Gradius (for being a fantastic pain in my ass) and Alex06 (for consistently keeping me up to date with leaked news and videos).

Blazur
09-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I vote for Gifted.

Kimera757
09-06-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm voting for Hawki, DemolitionSquid and Visions of Khas.

I thought these needed to be PM'd though.

The_Blade
09-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Keys are PMed, nominations are held in the thread.

Turalyon
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd like to nominate Vision of Khas, Gradius and Hawki.

TheEconomist
09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Oh, you get three then? That makes it easier.

DSquid and Hawki please.

Gifted
09-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Ok, I just giggled like a little school girl. I just played ForGG. He obviously won, but the conversation in it showed how great of a guy he is :)

Uploading the vid/highlight going on youtube, I'm live on Legacy Observer right now

Rake
09-07-2012, 05:18 AM
Dsquid for entertainment value.

ChaosSmurf
09-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Dude, DSquid's still here? He deserves a key just for tenacity.

DemolitionSquid
09-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Dude, DSquid's still here? He deserves a key just for tenacity.

DemolitionSquid can never die, only the troll who portrays him.

Visions of Khas
09-07-2012, 12:41 PM
DSquid's the troll we deserve, but not the one we need.

DemolitionSquid
09-07-2012, 01:37 PM
DSquid's the troll we deserve, but not the one we need.

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/entries/images/20/de/2230263/original_image.png?1347042759

Skyze
09-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Is there going to be other contests for keys from SCL? Guest article writing, maybe casting things/etc?

DemolitionSquid
09-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Is there going to be other contests for keys from SCL? Guest article writing, maybe casting things/etc?

Most likely. I've already started my magnum opus.

TheEconomist
09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Whoever can troll us the best gets the prize.

Most likely. I've already started my magnum opus.

NOT MORE OF YOUR SOCIAL COMMENTARY!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Gifted
09-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Is there going to be other contests for keys from SCL? Guest article writing, maybe casting things/etc?While I can't say one way or another as I'm not an admin of this site. I can say I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if we didn't have beta keys multiple times to give away.

It's up to you to discern the best ways to prepare for those opportunities.

Arkalis
09-09-2012, 02:06 AM
When I noticed a spike of activity here it had to be beta keys xD

Anyway, I nominate Sarov and Gifted if they still don't have a key

The_Blade
09-09-2012, 02:08 AM
Gifted and I are currently within the beta.

phazonjunkie
09-09-2012, 03:15 AM
1. Kimera757 (level headed lore buff ftw)
2. DemolitionSquid (heh (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ItAmusedMe))

TcheQuevara
09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Since other folk remembered him, I'm giving my third vote to Gradius because he writes well.

In my previous post I already voted (http://sclegacy.com/forums/showpost.php?p=180403&postcount=6) for Kimera and Hawki.

LordofAscension
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM

I'd bet on it.

~LoA

Arkalis
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I'd bet on it.

~LoA

Soon™

Raif
09-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Hello all you nice people,

I want to nominate: 1) Twilice and 2) Peanutbutter (if he is still active and all)

and remember to eat cake not keys :)

TheEconomist
09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd like to replace Hawki with Gradius, because he's come out of the woodwork recently.

-- NM, apparently he's already been promised a beta key. Those who nominated hmi might want to replace him.

The_Blade
09-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Just as a commnet with no intent to destroy people: Gradius has the most rep of all the members.

People will stay in the list untill they have received their key from the comunity or from another source.

Reusing your nominations is not allowed. ^^ Use them wisely.

My last nomination goes to Grad then. Just for the fact that I miss his posts.

Twilice
09-11-2012, 04:56 PM
I also want to promote Lesh as my second vote if he is still playing.

TheEconomist
09-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Gradius would crush you all with the huge rep he made over the years :P

What?

People will stay in the list untill they have received their key from the comunity or from another source.

Like I said, he's already been promised a key from another source. In this case, LoA. I know this because he told me.

Reusing your nominations is not allowed. ^^ Use them wisely.

That hard for you to +1 to a column and -1 from another, eh? I'll do it for you then.

My last nomination goes to Grad then. Just for the fact that I miss his posts.

*sigh*

The_Blade
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM
What?

That little green square under your avatar. Gradius has a lvl of 41. DS goes second with 26.

Like I said, he's already been promised a key from another source. In this case, LoA. I know this because he told me.

Yet, he still has no key. I believe that LoA will give Grad a key, but chances are that he might still get one from a community invite. This "system" just increases the probability of getting a key. He might wait "x" time for LoA's key or "y" time for a key in this thread instead of just "x". I just want to be fair with the mob.

That hard for you to +1 to a column and -1 from another, eh? I'll do it for you then.

Think on what that person will feel when you remove your support from him. I just believe that's harsh.

TheEconomist
09-11-2012, 07:46 PM
That little green square under your avatar. Gradius has a lvl of 41. DS goes second with 26.

Riiiiiiiiight, but why bring it up? You act like I was insulting Gradius (my closest SC2/Internet friend).

Think on what that person will feel when you remove your support from him. I just believe that's harsh.

First of all, I couldn't care less. Second of all, I took back my vote because I talked to Gradius a few minutes later and he said he didn't need my nomination BECAUSE HE HAS ALREADY BEEN PROMISED A KEY. Since he told me to remove my support, I doubt he'll lose any sleep over it. Besides, if you're worrying about people's feelings, feel sorry for the person who now cannot get an extra nomation due to some technicality.

--------------------

PS: Not that it matters, but, unless I'm reading something wrong, I'm second in rep, with mr. peasant being third, and DemolitionSquid being 5th.

http://sclegacy.com/forums/memberlist.php?order=DESC&sort=reputation&pp=30

http://bjstacoparty.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ladies_please.jpg?w=400&h=351

The_Blade
09-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Oh well, my bad. I have a paper list on my desk with all your nominated names on it.

Shadow Archon
09-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Wow, I'm just adrift in the sea of bots.

I didn't even know there were that many.

Raif
09-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Wow, I'm just adrift in the sea of bots.

I like big bots and I can not lie - Wait what where we talking about again?

TheEconomist
09-12-2012, 07:00 AM
... what bots?

Twilice
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Indeed, I think I missed the bots or something.

Sarov
09-12-2012, 01:00 PM

You'd be surprised at how many I've already banned. ._.
Hint: There's a reason my forum title is different.

Shadow Archon
09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
... what bots?

These things. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_bot)

The vast majority of the users in the list are probably bots.

You'd be surprised at how many I've already banned. ._.
Hint: There's a reason my forum title is different.

So, can you mass-ban or did you have to click the ban button every single time? :eek:

TheProgramer
09-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Is there a word for how depressed you feel when you realize that you've had no impact on a community you have decided to involve yourself with in the past few years; and no-one even cares who you are?

Quirel
09-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Is there a word for how depressed you feel when you realize that you've had no impact on a community you have decided to involve yourself with in the past few years; and no-one even cares who you are?
You look familiar for some reason...

TheProgramer
09-12-2012, 04:39 PM
You look familiar for some reason...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2773/4236844566_7786a37b51.jpg

DemolitionSquid
09-12-2012, 04:44 PM
I change my vote from Gradius to TheProgramer. Not that it matters cause we can't change our votes as per Gifted's tight-assed bullshit.

Todie
09-12-2012, 04:46 PM
... what bots?

... one of these days, ad-bots will be scripted to talk about other invisible bots in an act to confuse us all.

You should invent a word for it! that could be your mark!

... srsly tho, others are thinking it too. it seems i wouldnt have been nominated either if it wasnt for the closer ties ive made thru chats and games with some of the fightclub ppl, few of witch i ever really considered very active here.

on that note, since Twilice is the only one of those who have showed himselfhere, my third and final nomination goes to him. hes a really good and creative player actually. in an effortless kind of way; hes probably played the game significantly less than me, but he plays two leagues above me (masters), with random...

personally i like to theorize and workmyself up to some metagamy approaches to strategies in various matchups that may deviate more or less from standard play. ppl like Twilice just do crazy shit and move on without giving a fuck.

DemolitionSquid
09-12-2012, 04:59 PM
The secret to a nomination is to be vibrant. Put yourself out there and flaunt what you got.

http://www.surenews.com/custFiles/images/gay_for_obama.jpg

See? I'd vote for him.

TheEconomist
09-12-2012, 06:37 PM
@Shadow Archon: Don't insult me. I know what bots are. I just can't see the ghosts in your head.

@TheProgramer: No offense guy, but all I remember from you were some useless and asinine topics that contributed nothing other than lulz from "This guy REALLY brought that up?" Again, no offense. Of course, I have second place in reputation around here and am probably the most active around here, yet I have not a single vote. I have equally as many fucks to give about that.

As per DSquid's advice,

http://freepostermaker.com/uploads/saved_posters/free-poster-vpeegwuk03-VOTE-FOR-ME-IF-YOU-WANT-TO-LIVE.jpg

Shadow Archon
09-12-2012, 06:40 PM
@Shadow Archon: Don't insult me. I know what bots are. I just can't see the ghosts in your head.

Who said I'm insulting you? :confused:

TheEconomist
09-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Eh bra, umma teach you maffs.

× 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
2 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24
3 3 6 9 12 15 18 21 24 27 30 33 36
4 4 8 12 16 20 24 28 32 36 40 44 48
5 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50 55 60
6 6 12 18 24 30 36 42 48 54 60 66 72
7 7 14 21 28 35 42 49 56 63 70 77 84
8 8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64 72 80 88 96
9 9 18 27 36 45 54 63 72 81 90 99 108
10 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80 90 100 110 120
11 11 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 99 110 121 132
12 12 24 36 48 60 72 84 96 108 120 132 144

Hint, hint I'm calling you an uneducated dumbass.

(I know you're not insulting me, it's a figure of speech. Were you not born in America?)

Twilice
09-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow, I feel flattered :P

I almost feel bad for not being particularly active in Starcraft 2 anymore. But maybe if I get a key I will start to become active again ;)

Shadow Archon
09-12-2012, 07:25 PM
(I know you're not insulting me, it's a figure of speech. Were you not born in America?)

I was born in America. Let's just say I don't necessarily see how negative certain things come across.

Apologies.

Pr0nogo
09-12-2012, 09:18 PM
Secondly, I nominate Pr0nogo. I'm dying to hear what kind of ridiculous tripe he'll complain about after acctually playing the game.

Lerl why am I even on this list? I thought I pissed everyone off too much.

Thanks for the nomination. I vote DSquid. Only because I know he'll probably just give me the key anyways, to see what kind of ridiculous tripe I'll complain about. ;)

If I end up getting a key from Blizzard, I'll let you guys know. However I end up acquiring one, I'll be sure to do a lot of videos. Probably not streams, just FRAPSing and relaxing.

/e second vote goes to Tychus.

TheEconomist
09-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Wellp, nm.

Church
09-12-2012, 10:08 PM
first vote: pr0nogo (because he my man whee hee hee)
second vote: ackmed (because he my other man whee hee hee) (ackmed iss pr0nogo)
third vote: tychus (because I want both him and pr0nogo to win)

Pr0nogo
09-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Can you even vote for the same person more than once? I didn't see a rule against it. bahaha

Why make videos of a game that is so awful you should be paid to play it? Spychi all over again...

Because I'll be paid if YouTube monetisation works, silly. I'm a partner.

Much appreciated (?) and not that it makes a difference, but give the vote to someone else, I have ZERO time for a beta.

So give me (or someone else who deserves it more) the key if you get it.

TheEconomist
09-12-2012, 10:13 PM
So give me (or someone else who deserves it more) the key if you get it.

If I do get a key, and I am still so busy, I will give it to someone.

Because I'll be paid if YouTube monetisation works, silly. I'm a partner.

And you can't get this some other way?

Pr0nogo
09-12-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, unless someone calls me in for an interview (I've submitted more than a fair share of job applications and I'm still doing more), I'd have to start working the corners.

Hell, I might have to get the spots in between the corners. I don't dress as slutty as I should.

Sarov
09-13-2012, 12:49 AM
So, can you mass-ban or did you have to click the ban button every single time? :eek:

It's a bit more complicated than just clicking a button. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if I've banned 1000+. :D

Can you even vote for the same person more than once? I didn't see a rule against it. bahaha

Sorry but no, you can't. Think of it as a common sense rule built into #5. :p

Shadow Archon
09-13-2012, 12:53 AM
It's a bit more complicated than just clicking a button. Let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised if I've banned 1000+. :D

Oh wow.

How does the mechanics of banning bots go? I know you have to block the IP address. Do you do coding on the site or something similar?

Actually thinking about it, having an interface for it would be bad if someone managed to hack into an account with the privileges or something like that.

Or am I totally not even close?

Skyze
09-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Ahh I've fallen quite far from 2nd place :( any timeframe when these will start being handed out, and other contests beginning? Im gonna try my best in other contests!

TheEconomist
09-14-2012, 07:29 AM
TychusFindlay: 1

Hey NOW!!! I got TWO votes!

Quirel
09-14-2012, 09:04 AM
By my count, the votes are as follows:

DemolitionSquid: 9
Hawki: 7
Kimera757: 6
Gradius: 5
Sarov: 4
Skyze: 4
Visions of Khas: 4
Pr0nogo: 2
TychusFindlay: 2
Todie: 1
Quirel: 1
Turalyon: 1
sandwich_bird: 1
Alex06: 1
Twilice: 1
Spartan13: 1
Shadow Archon: 1
Lesh: 1
Peanutbutter: 1

Not shown are the half-dozen votes wasted on Gifted even after he stated that he didn't need them.

TheEconomist
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
... and Gradius, for the umpteenth time.

Twilice
09-14-2012, 09:34 AM
And I had also 2 as far as I counted.

1 by Todie, and 1 by Raif (I think the name was Raif)

Pr0nogo
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
something's fishy...

Oh, nevermind. Heh. I'd better shower.

The_Blade
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
In order to create a more accurate list over time, people who have voted for forumers who have recieved their Beta key get their nomination refreshed. Therefore, anyone who voted for gifted gets another nomination.

OP updated, sorry about those votes not being counted.

Gradius
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
I will vote for Tychus of the Findlay, Skyze, and DemoSquid.

TheEconomist
09-14-2012, 08:34 PM
I am humbled by thee nomination, sire, but I am Findlay of the Tychus. For you, m'lord, you may address me as you wish.

Alar
09-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I am currently lacking a key! -nods solemnly-

I vote Skyze because I like his avatar!
My second and third votes go to Turalyon and Gradius.

Pr0nogo
09-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Doesn't he (still) not need one? Gradius, I mean.

DemolitionSquid
09-15-2012, 11:42 AM

Yeah. Moar wasted votes cause Gifted won't let us change them from people who don't want/need them. Its bloody draconian.

Pr0nogo
09-15-2012, 01:09 PM
I thought Blade just said we could re-vote.

DemolitionSquid
09-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I thought Blade just said we could re-vote.

Only after the people have gotten their keys.

TheEconomist
09-15-2012, 07:50 PM

I was going to reiterate that but apparently almost no one here reads. So, whatever, go ahead and keep wasting votes on people who are already getting keys :D

Pr0nogo
09-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Yeah, I mean, whatever. Rofl, people don't often read. I'm guilty of that myself.

In other news, go team Pr0nogo! Wooh!

Skyze
09-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Well my two other votes for Todie and Alex06.

BTW is Alex06 aka AlexUA, I believe in team imba.? I saw replays from a tourney Where that guy was named Alex06 in the replay files..

Alar
09-16-2012, 07:07 AM
Really? I thought it said he did...

HydraHydra
09-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Demolition
Sarov
TychusFindlay

:3

Alex06
09-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Seeing that Shadow Archon didn't want the vote, I will instead give it to DemoSquid, and I nominate TheProgramer and TychusFindlay.

HydraHydra
09-16-2012, 12:10 PM
well, i would love the vote, lol

Alex06
09-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Well my two other votes for Todie and Alex06.

BTW is Alex06 aka AlexUA, I believe in team imba.? I saw replays from a tourney Where that guy was named Alex06 in the replay files..
I am not in any Team AFAIK x)

My username in StarCraft II is Alexander, seeing as how numbers aren't allowed in usernames.

Skyze
09-21-2012, 06:22 PM
oh ok. So anyone get a beta key yet through the bnet waves?? I heard many people including some RL friends got it, but not me =[

DemolitionSquid
09-21-2012, 07:09 PM
oh ok. So anyone get a beta key yet through the bnet waves?? I heard many people including some RL friends got it, but not me =[

None on my end. Blizzard doesn't want me to get a key, they're afraid of me.

Pr0nogo
09-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Same.

Raif
09-22-2012, 05:47 PM
I won a key, at a lokal barcraft 2 weeks back, but no one has heard anything from blizzard, not even the organizers :(

TheEconomist
09-23-2012, 08:29 PM
None on my end. Blizzard doesn't want me to get a key, they're afraid of me.

No, they're afraid of people with respect and influence. Which is why I expect there's a lot of political maneuvers to prevent Gradius from getting a key.

DemolitionSquid
09-23-2012, 08:44 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/say_no_to_cock_block_post_cards-p239320920674215645envli_400.jpg

Raif
09-24-2012, 07:59 AM
http://rlv.zcache.com/say_no_to_cock_block_post_cards-p239320920674215645envli_400.jpg

French lego:confused:

Pr0nogo
09-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Dude.

Cock, block.

Twilice
09-24-2012, 08:31 PM
oh... I only got it to lego all the time...

TheEconomist
09-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Whoever made that image is hilarious incompetent. Why put in a Lego when you could have put in a block. A Tetris block would do nicely.

topsecret221
09-24-2012, 10:02 PM
Minecraft block ftw.

Pr0nogo
09-24-2012, 10:10 PM
No Minecraft blocks.

Fuck Minecraft.

Shadow Archon
09-24-2012, 10:50 PM
No Minecraft blocks.

Fuck Minecraft.

http://cjblackwing.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/eva-2-22-13852-shinji-red-eyes.jpg

.....your allowed to....have...your...opinion. I...disagree...wi...th...it...greatly...though.... .

TheEconomist
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Fuck Minecraft.

As if we needed anymore proof this kid has bad taste.

Todie
09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
No Minecraft blocks.

Fuck Minecraft.

http://cjblackwing.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/eva-2-22-13852-shinji-red-eyes.jpg

.....your allowed to....have...your...opinion. I...disagree...wi...th...it...greatly...though.... .

As if we needed anymore proof this kid has bad taste.

http://i.imgur.com/9dt8z.gif

i think i like this pr0nogo guy.

TheEconomist
09-25-2012, 11:35 AM
An insult to the Minecraft blocks is high treason. An insult to the game is permissible sine it is boring.

Shadow Archon
09-25-2012, 12:30 PM
An insult to the Minecraft blocks is high treason. An insult to the game is permissible sine it is boring.

That's what the mods are for. Working nuclear reactors are whole lots of fun. :D

Pr0nogo
09-25-2012, 01:12 PM
i think i like this pr0nogo guy.

Don't encourage me.

The_Blade
09-28-2012, 07:54 PM
Wave 4 has been given out by Blizzard. Did anyone got in?

Also, stay on topic.

DemolitionSquid
09-28-2012, 09:35 PM
No key for me :(

Alar
09-29-2012, 05:45 AM
No key here either. At least we know they're sending out waves... or have for a while.

Pr0nogo
09-29-2012, 12:10 PM
Zip for me.

Rake
09-30-2012, 02:11 AM
Can someone with a key tell me what happens if you neural parasite a MS core? Can you teleport to a hatchery?

Skyze
09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Think this is the longest I've gone without a beta. :-( thankfully in training so not overly free time, but still rough.

sandwich_bird
10-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I didn't receive a key but I can log in for some reason. Try it.

Twilice
10-03-2012, 12:50 PM
But the client?

The_Blade
10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
here is the client (https://us.battle.net/account/management/sc2/dashboard-hots-beta.html)

Twilice
10-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Didn't work.

TheProgramer
10-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Wave 4 has been given out by Blizzard. Did anyone got in?

Also, stay on topic.

No. Very sad.

TheProgramer
10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Seeing that Shadow Archon didn't want the vote, I will instead give it to DemoSquid, and I nominate TheProgramer and TychusFindlay.

http://pasuria.de/wp-admin/aww-so-cute-meme-6617.jpg

Raif
10-04-2012, 05:56 AM
@Rake: You can use Energize, but not there other two M-core ability's :(
Sadly neural parasite is a fixed 15 sec and not until you are out of energy :)

Rake
10-04-2012, 07:28 AM
@Rake: You can use Energize, but not there other two M-core ability's :(
Sadly neural parasite is a fixed 15 sec and not until you are out of energy :)

Nuts. It would have been awsome to NP a MScore and teleport back to safety. Grrr to Blizzard for not implementing an obviously broken mechanic.

Thanks for your help. :D

The_Blade
10-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Sadwich_bird has a key. Anyone who voted for him gets a nomination back. So, I vote for Tychus.

HydraHydra
10-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Vote for me pls :D!

TheProgramer
11-16-2012, 09:39 AM
I now have a key (thanks to Amazon's pre-order deal). So I am out of this contest. Feel free to recast your votes those who voted for me, and thank you very much for that vote.

TheEconomist
11-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Same here.

-- Wow, 10.1GB+ for HOTS beta? Damn, gonna have to sacrifice some porn here. Not happy at all Blizzard.

topsecret221
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm out as well. Not that I was exactly "in" in the first place :P

Carsickness
11-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I too will vote for D-squid. His commitment/loyalty to this site assures my vote :)......Even if you don't know how to play :P

Also, going back a couple posts. Can a Zerg neural parasite a MS core and cast Photon-whatever on a hatchery? Just a thought.

DemolitionSquid
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I too will vote for D-squid. His commitment/loyalty to this site assures my vote :)......Even if you don't know how to play :P

Also, going back a couple posts. Can a Zerg neural parasite a MS core and cast Photon-whatever on a hatchery? Just a thought.

I am a strategic savant. It is my execution that needs improvement.

LordofAscension
11-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Is this list up to date?

Who still doesn't have a key?

~LoA

DemolitionSquid
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Is this list up to date?

~LoA

I still require more vespene gas.

Err, I mean, a beta key.

Twilice
11-16-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't have a beta key :P

Quirel
11-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Ich habe...
Ah, I don't have one.

Alar
11-17-2012, 08:36 AM
No key here either.

DemolitionSquid
11-17-2012, 10:01 AM
LoA gave moi a key last night so you can take moi off t3h list.

Kimera757
11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Is this list up to date?

Where is the list? The first page only lists nominees, not winners.

~LoA

Not me. But I have no idea if I was selected or not. I'm not in the top 3, so I'm guessing I didn't win.

DemolitionSquid
11-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Where is the list? The first page only lists nominees, not winners.

Not me. But I have no idea if I was selected or not. I'm not in the top 3, so I'm guessing I didn't win.

Its not about winning, its about priority. As keys become available, the next person down the list, thanks to community votes, gets the key. You're pretty high on the list so you should get a key soon.

LordofAscension
11-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Gradius has had a key for a while. So he should also be removed from the list. Blade you around to update this?

~LoA

The_Blade
11-17-2012, 02:21 PM
List has been updated*

Anyone who voted for Squid or Gradius may vote again.

DemolitionSquid
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
My record so far is like 1-9. Nothing I do seems to beat Swarm Hosts now.

TheProgramer
11-17-2012, 08:26 PM
LoA gave moi a key last night so you can take moi off t3h list.

Congradulations! Glad to hear it. Boy never thought we'd play together, but I suppose we'll have to accept what fate has to offer ^_^.

Pr0nogo
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Blade, take me off the list. I don't want a key.
The few people who voted for me can reassign their votes in the event of this (I meant to post this earlier but I forgot).

Hawki
11-19-2012, 04:33 AM
Got a beta key from EB. Can take me off the list.

The_Blade
11-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, anyone who voted for Pr0nogo or Hawki may vote again.

Alex06
11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
Got a beta key from EBGames, you guys can take me off the list. Also, my ID on the beta is Alexander.100

Quirel
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
In that case, I vote for Turalyon.

LordofAscension
11-20-2012, 10:28 PM
Anyone who is currently on this list and doesn't have a key, please PM me.

Thanks,

~LoA

TcheQuevara
11-21-2012, 06:18 AM
why the hell didn't we prioritize the Wiki editors to have the keys? Why the hell did I voted Gradius to have a MP beta key? Democracy sucks.

Gradius
11-21-2012, 08:44 AM
It's funny because TE has tried to tell you guys 50 times that I already had a key. :P

... and Gradius, for the umpteenth time.

I was going to reiterate that but apparently almost no one here reads. So, whatever, go ahead and keep wasting votes on people who are already getting keys :D

The_Blade
11-21-2012, 08:44 PM
It is my fault, but I feel no regrets ^^

Anyways, It trully seems like you guys don't read. I've also stated that you may revote if you placed your previous vote on any person with a "Done!" tag on the list.

LordofAscension
11-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Anyone who is currently on this list and doesn't have a key, please PM me.

Thanks,

~LoA

Why have only two people PM'd me?

~LoA

unknownone
11-23-2012, 10:41 AM
Evillesh, Todie and Twilice

To remember the old times of Fight Club!

Twilice
11-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Already got a key now :)

Also unknownone :O I don't know who you are.

The_Blade
11-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Already got a key now :)

Also unknownone :O I don't know who you are.

Oh, the irony

Pr0nogo
11-24-2012, 11:40 AM
That'd be something that you'd expect, which is the opposite of irony.

LordofAscension
11-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Who still needs a key?

~LoA

TcheQuevara
11-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Who still needs a key?

~LoA

Haha, that's funny.

I had all the trouble of preordering and canceling the game because I thought I'd never get a Beta pass.

And now you guys can't spend all your Beta keys :D

Did you thought of going to Reddit? There's a lot of desperate people waiting for Beta keys there. Maybe you could use it to draw more attention to the site?

Twilice
11-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Hm, I got a friend who I think might want a beta key if it's possible to get a spare one x)

Peanutbutter
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Hello all you nice people,

I want to nominate: 1) Twilice and 2) Peanutbutter (if he is still active and all)

and remember to eat cake not keys :)

Hey dude, long time no see! Thanks for nominating me. Good times were had in the WOL beta, and maybe some will be had in the HOTS beta?

I nominate :

Todie
Raif
Evillesh

Sheliek
11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
This one still needs a key, but given he's ordering a CC in January, it's not a necessity.

DemolitionSquid
11-29-2012, 07:53 PM
This one still needs a key, but given he's ordering a CC in January, it's not a necessity.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7o29p8gQ1rv2z4ro1_1280.jpg

Sheliek
11-30-2012, 04:36 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md7o29p8gQ1rv2z4ro1_1280.jpg

Haha, yep.

Alar
12-01-2012, 01:21 AM
I haven't got my pre-order in yet, so I am not in the beta. Alas!

Todie
12-08-2012, 06:54 AM
i wish i hadnt been inactive here the last couple of weeks.. then i might have been able to catch LoA and get sent a key. this last patch really has my fingers itching to try this thing out!

hyde
01-01-2013, 02:10 PM
I nominate Tychusfindlay.

Skyze
01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Sorry i've been away; finished my military training and moving to a new province, all around xmas time, very busy. Finally settled in kinda, ready to start some heavy gaming. I do have a key now, but a 2nd one wouldnt hurt if theres extras floating around -_-

hyde
02-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Any beta keys left? I'm willing to trade two DOTA2 keys for one, PM me. Btw, Yes I did pre-order but Gamestop here in Canada are cheap pricks and sent my store 10 beta keys and gave em out on a first come first serve basis -_-

Alar
02-24-2013, 03:38 AM
Whelp, I pre-ordered mine... but did so stupidly from Blizzard directly. I had THOUGHT that they were giving free beta access too... but apparently I was wrong. I'm also too lazy to go through the refund process to re-order it from Amazon.

HydraHydra
02-24-2013, 10:41 AM
As far as i know, blizzard gives beta access to the beta for pre-order, but they dont send you an e-mail, it just appears in your account

Gradius
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
The actual game comes out in 2 weeks. Just sayin.

Alar
02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
I'm aware. Which means the beta is likely closing anyway. It was sort of my last chance to try things out before the actual release. Oh well.

TheEconomist
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
Send 100$ to my PayPal and I'll bestow upon you the honor of having my beta key which will give you five days of glorious beta fappery.

Alar
02-24-2013, 01:33 PM
If I had that kind of money, don't you think I would've bought another copy from Amazon? Or a Collector's Edition?

hyde
02-24-2013, 02:24 PM
The actual game comes out in 2 weeks. Just sayin.

To be quite honest, I just want the damn achievement in my b.net account...I already have the D3/SC2 beta achievements...want the HOTS badly haha, but not bad enough to get a digital copy + a physical collectors.

DemolitionSquid
02-24-2013, 02:28 PM
To be quite honest, I just want the damn achievement in my b.net account...I already have the D3/SC2 beta achievements...want the HOTS badly haha, but not bad enough to get a digital copy + a physical collectors.

If you want achievements I feel bad for you son.
1285 points, how many are useful? None.

http://i.qkme.me/36gvdn.jpg

TheEconomist
02-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Finally, an entertaining Squibb post. Can't remember the last time I spotted one.

HydraHydra
02-24-2013, 06:16 PM
Beta was boring with no 4v4 (what i enjoy playing) so... at least i have my feat x3

hyde
02-24-2013, 08:52 PM
If you want achievements I feel bad for you son.
1285 points, how many are useful? None.

http://i.qkme.me/36gvdn.jpg

this actually made my day hahaha....oh well guess I'll just go buy 2 copies of HOTS like a pyscho and ebay the cd key for the physical copy.

HydraHydra
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Hyde pls check your inbox here