PDA

View Full Version : Protoss Background Color

Cotcan
06-15-2012, 08:58 AM
Something I noticed while watching HotS videos is that the color behind the logo is purple instead of blue for the main game. I can only assume that it will also be a different color for LotV, but my question to everyone is what color would it be. Blue as been taken by Terran, and purple by Zerg. The only color that I could think of would be gold. What do you guys think?

Robear
06-15-2012, 09:50 AM
Could be green, if they're going for the Zeratul's crystals kind of look.

DemolitionSquid
06-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Not much to speculate here. Gold is the standard color you think of when you see Protoss.

Carsickness
06-15-2012, 10:55 AM
Green was my first assumption too.

Visions of Khas
06-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I always thought Terran were red and Protoss blue. Protoss' secondary color would be an emerald green then, since that's the official color of the Nezarim tribes. The Templar are also teal, which is kinda like green. :P

Cotcan
06-15-2012, 01:21 PM
I was thinking gold, because most of the protoss buildings and units are gold.

Visions of Khas
06-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Well, the campaign is also faction-specific. Raiders are Blue; Kerrigan's always been Purple. I don't remember what Zeratul's color was in the Protoss mini-campaign, though.

Sheliek
06-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Well, the campaign is also faction-specific. Raiders are Blue; Kerrigan's always been Purple. I don't remember what Zeratul's color was in the Protoss mini-campaign, though.

Was blue. Green would've made more sense, though.

Kerrigan's orange, now, with Za'gara being purple. I base this solely on these facts: you're orange when you fight Za'gara, Za'gara is purple, Za'gara joins you, and you also control purple zerg in the campaign.

Aldrius
06-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Gold would make sense for Protoss. But as it's "Legacy of the Void" I'm gonna say green.

Kerrigan's orange, now, with Za'gara being purple. I base this solely on these facts: you're orange when you fight Za'gara, Za'gara is purple, Za'gara joins you, and you also control purple zerg in the campaign.

I think Kerrigan's zerg are probably purple still.

Raynor's Raiders were red in the pre-release stuff for WoL.

Sheliek
06-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Gold would make sense for Protoss. But as it's "Legacy of the Void" I'm gonna say green.

I think Kerrigan's zerg are probably purple still.

Raynor's Raiders were red in the pre-release stuff for WoL.

All the campaign footage we've seen, even recent stuff, shows you being orange most of the time (with purple occasionally, as seen in the trailer). Logical conclusion: you can control multiple broods.

As for the red Raiders, true. But every time we saw that, it was in a mockup mission. Every prerelease mission we saw that was actually part of the campaign was blue.

topsecret221
06-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I would honestly be surprised if it was anything other than green

Existor
06-17-2012, 10:02 PM
All races have two colors.

Terran - blue and green (UI, building placement hologramm, green cursor, etc). In campaign we were blue, when Dominion was red aka official enemy.

Zerg - purple and orange, look at official site, also it was always 3 colors: purple/orange and green sometimes

Protoss - gold, emeraldish green and cyan or light blue.

Sheliek
06-18-2012, 01:23 AM
All races have two colors.

Terran - blue and green (UI, building placement hologramm, green cursor, etc). In campaign we were blue, when Dominion was red aka official enemy.

Zerg - purple and orange, look at official site, also it was always 3 colors: purple/orange and green sometimes

Protoss - gold, emeraldish green and cyan or light blue.

Who wants to bet a second major brood mother has green zerg?

topsecret221
06-18-2012, 01:37 AM
I dunno, I really don't like the look of green zerg. They feel really, really bad unless they stick to natural colors, and the green in SC2 is just... too green.

Sheliek
06-18-2012, 02:10 AM
I dunno, I really don't like the look of green zerg. They feel really, really bad unless they stick to natural colors, and the green in SC2 is just... too green.

From what we've seen in the battle reports, they've retouched the player colours. Blue is a lot more natural looking, for instance.