PDA

View Full Version : Sad day for E-sports

Caliban113
06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Link to a record-sized TL thread below on the recent showmatch between Spades and LucifroN - this particular link takes you to a summary of key posts.

A real, 'frying pan vs. fire' situation if you ask me. If Spades is guilty, that is/will be bad, but whats actually worse to me is the notion that anyone can freely make this type of accusation (OP was apparently a one-post, smurf acct) and cause this much of a shitstorm based on the analysis of seven games. Then, made worse by the fact that anyone with any half-baked, factless opinion (and with no relation to the pro-gaming scene) can chime in, and jump on an already overloaded, hate fueled bandwagon.

This just wont be a dent or small hiccup in Spades' career - this accusation will end it without question. Just wish people would take the time to consider that before posting. Pros and other names in the E-sports spotlight in particular.

Watched Catz' analysis, (linked on the TL page) and I have to admit its pretty damning, but I would still prefer that we wait and see, and allow people who are better in the know (program and design) to help sort out.

If true, I have to say SC2 (not to mention, pro gaming in general) is way too young to be going through its 'steroid' era...(if it hopes to be successful)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=342248&currentpage=44#866

Thought review was on the page - couldn't find, so here it is.

http://www.twitch.tv/rootcatz/b/320407912

The_Blade
06-07-2012, 04:27 PM
It's indeed sad, but I don't know who to blame. Should we blame the smurf account owner or Blizzard for their lack of e-sports community involvement.

Spades reputation has been shattered, but the amount of hackers is actually astonishing. I do fear that Blizz might not take action.

Caliban113
06-07-2012, 05:02 PM
TL claims they will ID the poster - I really question the legitimacy if the poster feels he has to hide his identity. If you are going to make this kind of accusation, (while knowing the potential damage it can cause) you should be willing to put your reputation behind it as well.

...and yes, if Blizz claims they wish to see e-sports become as big a success here as it is in other countries, they need to get behind as well, and address these issues.