PDA

View Full Version : Heart Of The Swarm Beta Website?

Markkk
05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Okay so I stumbled upon this site http://heartoftheswarmbeta.com/
It looks pretty legit but it's not working in Belgium?
Can anyone verify if this site is for real please?
Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/rA6WX.jpg

RamiZ
05-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Looks really suspicious to me... It is not the official site obviously, it even says so that they aren't associated with Blizzard. I do not dare to try it and download, but to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that some beta leak is already there.

Kimera757
05-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Looks like a medium-quality forgery to me :(

sandwich_bird
05-16-2012, 10:38 AM
huh I won't risk it lol. Looks pretty fake.

Sheliek
05-22-2012, 02:17 AM
It's fake, requires a survey. If someone wants to risk it, do it for the community.

Sarov
05-25-2012, 10:47 PM
You don't even need to look to realize it's a fake.

1) Look at the address.
2) If there really was a beta, there would probably be an announcement/advertisement on the three sites.
3) Text looks awfully plain. Looks like some sort of web template. :/

Sheliek
05-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Don't kill my sad, pathetic hopes. I literally cannot wait until July.

I did not just misuse 'literally'.

Sarov
05-27-2012, 04:40 PM
That's better than getting in the beta only to have your computer become useless thanks to a nasty virus. Thankfully, that has never happened to me. :p

Sheliek
05-27-2012, 08:13 PM
That's better than getting in the beta only to have your computer become useless thanks to a nasty virus. Thankfully, that has never happened to me. :p

:shrugs: I can always reformat.

Kimera757
05-28-2012, 07:09 PM
July? Someone is optimistic. I find it hard to believe those news articles suggesting the beta will be announced then.

Alex06
05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Fake.

Aldrius
05-30-2012, 10:19 PM
July? Someone is optimistic. I find it hard to believe those news articles suggesting the beta will be announced then.

Why...? HotS is already taking twice as long as BW and TFT took to come out.

Kimera757
05-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Timing the start of a beta to a specific three months is a little hard to believe if Blizzard didn't actually say so. We heard lots of rumors about Wings of Liberty's beta, in some cases literal years before the beta was announced.

Aldrius
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Timing the start of a beta to a specific three months is a little hard to believe if Blizzard didn't actually say so. We heard lots of rumors about Wings of Liberty's beta, in some cases literal years before the beta was announced.

Yeah, Wings of Liberty. Which is a full game.

This is an expansion. The release schedule is much tighter. Voice recording is one of the last things done for a video game project, and if they're doing that now I'd say Heart of the Swarm is on the horizon.

The main thing that makes me think the date is legit is that Heart of the Swarm has already taken way longer than Brood War or Frozen Throne did to come out. It's due. I know, I know, 'ready when it's ready'. But I can't imagine it's not close to ready after a year of working on it. It's an expansion pack. Most of it is art assets and things. The gameplay element is important, but it's pretty limited and quick.