PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Feedback: SC:L Community Gaming Night

Gifted
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello SC:L Gaming Community,

To those who have joined lately, you might not know me. I'm Gifted and I'm curious about how many of you are interested in getting together and enjoying yourselves for a gaming night.

I'm considering organizing a gaming night to help get our community together and enjoying activities weekly. The night that I'm considering is Friday evenings and want to see who would be interested to join in.

The goal is to not only gather together our old and reliable members of the community, but to bring new blood in and game together. I'm even willing to get together and play different games on the evening other than Starcraft. (The goal is getting the community together to have fun!)

If you would be interested, and also, if you would be interested in seeing about bringing friends to it, go ahead and reply. I'm judging who many and how large it COULD be. Who knows, if it gets large enough, we may be able to consider getting some prizes to win.

Waiting for responses,

Arkalis
04-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Maybe this old fella ere may be up to another shenanigans for the old times

Also, define evening please

Twilice
04-27-2012, 06:30 AM
I suspect non-EU region?

Caliban113
04-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Is there a channel set up? Are you thinking of doing like an obs map or something?

TheProgramer
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Yeah sounds fun, long as we can talk lore ^_^

Kimera757
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
While I like chatting with SCL members, to be blunt, my skill level isn't that of anyone else's here. It will either be higher or lower. Crushing someone of less skill or getting crushed by someone of much higher skill just isn't fun gaming.

Gifted
04-29-2012, 12:49 AM
The thoughts are this. It's more about just playing games as a group of community members. I'm even open to playing something other than SC2 if the majority of the people there are open for it.

I understand that there could be more people online than can join a game, in which case I'll see about encouraging use of a live-stream, such as the Legacy Observer, to get people involved as well.

My ultimate goal is to get People playin' together. I understand that sometimes not everyone is able to log onto a US server, so maybe other games might be another means to do this. I'll consider options as I gather moreso who is available/interested.

Regarding an SC2 channel, I would be using the SCLegacy Channel. Keep it simple, keep it personal.

broodmywarcraft
04-29-2012, 01:15 AM
Go for it...I haven't played SC2 in a WHILE...but I'd be willing to install it again if it means something like this every so often.

Alar
04-29-2012, 08:48 AM
What sort of times would we talking about here?

Pr0nogo
04-29-2012, 10:49 AM
We could always play WarCraft III.

Visions of Khas
04-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I can't. My ghetto-rig laptop can barely run photoshop, much less StarCraft II. Wish that I could though. Let me know how it goes and have fun! ='[

SpaceDominator
05-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Word to the wise. If you host one of these, instead of spending all of your time planning it, spend your time hosting it. In other words, pick a day, pick a time and go. This idea sounds awful familiar. ;)