PDA

View Full Version : LoS ability for Toss?

Carsickness
03-13-2012, 04:16 PM
Hey just a little Theorycrafting here:

What do you guys think of Protoss having a Line of Sight ability? One that would shoot out from a building (lets say Nexus) and reveals the map in a line that eminates from that building.
Think Forst Archer chick from League of Legends.

Terran has their scanner sweeps for clutch detection & scouting. Maybe Toss can have one too. Of course the fact that it's a LoS style detection means that it would have to be aimed well.

How long the ability lingers would be subject to balancing, but i just don't like being so dependant on observers for scouting. You really are forced to make multiple ones for good map sight, which hinders your Robo tech. + the different angles you can get from Nexus (Nexi??) placements could get interesting. On top of that, scouting a building/tech path of a player would literally be "a shot in the dark" :p

And of course using it would stop your ability for chrono boosts, so it would have to be used well.

sandwich_bird
03-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm 100% against it in multiplayer(like most ideas, it could be nice for campaign though). Like you said, it is already a Terran thing plus the nexus will have enough abilities in HotS.

In my opinion, air units/illusions/observers are more than sufficient for Protoss scouting.

Kknewkles
03-15-2012, 06:12 AM
Protoss have the best detector in game.
And I think we can manage without importing crap from shitty games like League of Legends.

Todie
03-23-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm 100% against it in multiplayer(like most ideas, it could be nice for campaign though). Like you said, it is already a Terran thing plus the nexus will have enough abilities in HotS.

In my opinion, air units/illusions/observers are more than sufficient for Protoss scouting.

i agree.

any P being sick of rellying on obs to scout should try some halucination-scouting. its sick-good.

Kimera757
03-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Heart of the Swarm's protoss oracle has an ability called Preordain, which gives vision of a building and what it's producing or researching.

No guarantee it'll end up in HotS in its current form, though.