PDA

View Full Version : Possible March 9 Announcement?

LordofAscension
03-09-2012, 12:25 AM
So on the last Blizz quarterly conference call, Mike Morhaime mentioned that the next time we'd hear about HotS would be on 3/9.

Anyone have any thoughts of what it could be?!? :D

~LoA

Sheliek
03-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Beta date.

Quirel
03-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Complete reveal of the new Terran lineup, along with the new and unimproved Carrier.

Hawki
03-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Inclined to go with the beta theory. Not sure what else Mike said, but I'd wager that if it's a general Blizz-franchise statement, we'd probably get a release date for Diablo III, making its own beta redundant. HotS steps in to replace beta in its place, as I don't see the expansion additions/removals changing too much at this point.

vicml21
03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
I actually agree with the idea of beta, I doubt they would have a whole lot of reason to delay the game (like others believe) unless the single player development is going TERRIBLY. So unless they need to retoole a lot, the next step would be multiplayer beta I think.

TheEconomist
03-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Hopefully, it's not another short cinematic teaser that indirectly spoils the entire story because there's just that few of them.

DemolitionSquid
03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Hopefully, it's not another short cinematic teaser that indirectly spoils the entire story because there's just that few of them.

Aww, now you've jinxed it :(

HydraHydra
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Starcraft Phoenix: SC1 with SC2 graphics D:

Sheliek
03-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Starcraft Phoenix: SC1 with SC2 graphics D:

The art assets that would involve would make me wet.

HydraHydra
03-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe they reveal a new Panda race for SC2

Alex06
03-09-2012, 03:53 PM
The only thing they could show us is more campaign stuff or what modifications they made to the multiplayer since October 2011...Unless they announce something about a beta.

Or, it could be that things changed and they won't show us anything anymore today.

EDIT: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=318783&currentpage=25#487
Fake. Rumor.

LordofAscension
03-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Roffles. That's hilarious. I didn't even think about this. I listened to the call 3 times. So odd lolz.

~LoA

Sheliek
03-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Well this week is now shit. First the disappointment that is Mass Effect 3, and now this.

Alex06
03-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Well this week is now shit. First the disappointment that is Mass Effect 3, and now this.
You found ME3 disappointing? Aside from the way the endings were handled...The rest was quite good.

Sheliek
03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
You found ME3 disappointing? Aside from the way the endings were handled...The rest was quite good.

Endings were, indeed, disappointing. Rest of the game was solid.

TheEconomist
03-09-2012, 07:08 PM
User starts a viral rumor that turns out to be false = temp ban

I post in a thread asking if a past-release-date replay pack had been released yet = permanent ban

Fuck TeamLiquid

Genopath
03-09-2012, 11:29 PM
It's something good :) (I speculate, or am I?)

TheProgramer
03-10-2012, 02:44 AM
And that's why we shouldn't make threads that are based on TL threads. Original posts please.

Gifted
03-10-2012, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't say we shouldn't do it again. It got a couple friends to come out of the woodwork.. aye? *grins slightly*

Oh, btw, hi!

DemolitionSquid
03-10-2012, 10:16 AM

I post in a thread asking if a past-release-date replay pack had been released yet = permanent ban

Fuck TeamLiquid

TeamLiquid are a bunch of uptight elitist fuckwads?

No one could have predicted that. *rolls eyes*

RamiZ
03-10-2012, 08:11 PM

Fuck TeamLiquid
No kidding... One of the guys I know posted a comment about some SCBW Vod, where he said how casters weren't professional and could do better cast than that, and he got banned.

Gradius
03-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Endings were, indeed, disappointing. Rest of the game was solid.
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. At least it wasn't utterly cliche. I was expecting something like the following (stolen from Andrew on b.net forums):

ME3 begins with Shepard staring longingly at a picture of the Illusive Man. Throughout the game Shepard desperately tries to redeem the Illusive Man, forgiving him of his myriad of sins. The game ends with Shepard carrying a naked prone Illusive Man from the remains of a building. Illusive Man squints as Shepard bares him into the light, "Shep?" he whispers.
"It's okay, I gotcha," he replies confidently.

Aldrius
03-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Wasn't as bad as I was expecting. At least it wasn't utterly cliche. I was expecting something like the following (stolen from Andrew on b.net forums):

ME3 begins with Shepard staring longingly at a picture of the Illusive Man. Throughout the game Shepard desperately tries to redeem the Illusive Man, forgiving him of his myriad of sins. The game ends with Shepard carrying a naked prone Illusive Man from the remains of a building. Illusive Man squints as Shepard bares him into the light, "Shep?" he whispers.

Jeez. What kind of professional game company would end their game with a corny ending like that? Sheesh.

TheEconomist
03-18-2012, 12:32 PM

If a game ever did that, I would burn my cop-- oh wait, I think I have a game like that. Which one was it? I'll scavenge my collection and see; I must burn it!