PDA

View Full Version : StarCraft Master Achievement

TheProgramer
11-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Following my apparent mantra of Portrait discussions I have this to say.

In the previous PTR patch this portrait was added to the game:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2810/sc2master.jpg

The portrait used the Zealot Chef as a placeholder.

Now that the patch has gone live the portrait spot has remained:

http://media.starcraftjunkies.com/images/blue/bluetracker/portraits/starcraftmasterfull.png

But now it has a solid blue square as its placeholder.

I think it's pretty obvious it's a placeholder for the Blizzard Dota portrait reward (each of their mods had a portrait you could gain by earning an achievement) that was tested in the PTR and accidently made it to the game with the latest patch. It will probably be removed with the next patch.

And for those of you who think it is a reward you get if you get all the achievements, this man (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/608618/1/Indolent/rewards/) has all the achievements and does not have it unlocked. When hovering over the achievnet it does not give u the corresponding achievement like the other portraits do.

HydraHydra
11-26-2011, 06:50 PM
there are rumors that blizzard will release a ... micro mastering mod... and you may win that there.

Edit: Here's a video about it, i don't know how to embled the videos here x3 so sorry about that D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfrZ4cmvODI

TheProgramer
11-28-2011, 11:23 AM
If you click the achievement on someones B.NET profile it takes you to the "Team League" achievements section.

TheProgramer
01-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Blizzard said:

• One of the portrait rewards appears as a blue square.We are aware of an issue with a portrait reward labeled "Starcraft Master" where it appears to be a blue square instead of an actual portrait. We are still investigating the issue.

SOURCE: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2267599524

HydraHydra
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, the portrait and the achievement are online, but no idea of where the masters thing is

Pic: http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg401/scaled.php?server=401&filename=masterrd.jpg&res=medium

The_Blade
02-22-2012, 09:46 AM
I LOVE that portrait!

Don't know how, but I will get it ASAP :D

HydraHydra
02-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I just found the achievements in the Blizzard Mods tab

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/693/achvv.jpg

Twilice
02-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Round 11 is impossible...
Cleared Both round 7 and 15 with 4 hp on my last last unit :D

*They must have changed round 15, because here it says Force Field Smash. But on the testmap it's hellions vs marines. (open map editor, then Tsimulator (something IIRC) add all depencies (under files) to the map before playing.)

It's not completed yet and seems to be running from old balance versions. But it worked if you want a sneak peak.

*In the trigger section there are "cheats" implanted that you can use to skip level 11. It's bugged, I think storm was working differently when that level was designed...

HydraHydra
02-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Round 11 is impossible...

Indeed D:

Gradius
02-22-2012, 08:57 PM
Where is this on NA?

HydraHydra
02-22-2012, 09:32 PM
Where is this on NA?

is in the map editor:

Open up the map editor
Open -> Campaign tab -> open TSimulator.SC2Map
File -> dependencies -> add standard -> check all
Test the file (ctrl+F9)

The_Blade
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh the good old times of random micro challenge ^^

HydraHydra
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/3780043/New_Blizzard_Custom_Game_StarCraft_Master_-01_03_2012#blog

soon.

Caliban113
03-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Oh good - I wasn't imagining things - went nuts trying to find this map the other night - I loved the challenges from WoL - still have not gotten gold in the basic Zerg scenarios and that one abominable Protoss scenario.

Was under the impression that they were going to continue adding to those - customs work tho.

HydraHydra
03-02-2012, 11:16 PM
the custom map is already up. Damn the last one is impossible D: <

Twilice
03-03-2012, 01:58 AM
Are the achievements up? I haven't checked yet.

The_Blade
03-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Yes, achievements are up too. I can't do 27 and 30 though ^^ I always die on the very last moment.

TheEconomist
03-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Just started it. Got to 21 without too much difficulty, except for 20 WHICH IS DAMN NEAR FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE. SHIFT CLICKING IS SOOOOOOOO HARD!!!! </SARCASM>

Gradius
03-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Got the portrait on first playthrough, but I had to youtube challenge 21 (you have to move each zealot to the very edge & shift-hold position as fast as you can).

The challenge with the infestor splash damage was hard too. 27 also sucks real bad.

The_Blade
03-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Finally completed all 30 rounds. I wish I could micro like that on every single game.

sandwich_bird
03-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Done it. It was painful. 27 was the gayest by far.

Gradius
03-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I have spent 2 & a half hours on 27 and still cannot beat it. Got down to 1 marine with 4 hp once. I get what I have to do: stop the banshee at exactly 6 spaces away from the marine, take advantage of the deceleration to keep yourself moving, and time these actions precisely so that you don't stop & get hit. All the while making round-about trips with your banshees so that the marines don't strafe the shit out of you in the corners.

And yet...I can't physically do it. -____-

Should have played more terran or something back when i was active, because this is lame. Or maybe i need a new mouse.

The_Blade
03-03-2012, 06:29 PM
I have spent 2 & a half hours on 27 and still cannot beat it. Got down to 1 marine with 4 hp once. I get what I have to do: stop the banshee at exactly 6 spaces away from the marine, take advantage of the deceleration to keep yourself moving, and time these actions precisely so that you don't stop & get hit. All the while making round-about trips with your banshees so that the marines don't strafe the shit out of you in the corners.

And yet...I can't physically do it. -____-

Should have played more terran or something back when i was active, because this is lame. Or maybe i need a new mouse.

This was perhaps the hardest one for me. What I noticed though is that you need to keep atacking once you are able to hit the marines. For me it was:

(After first attack) move about two spaces > attack > move about two spaces again > attack > repeat

Twilice
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
I'll try my first time tomorrow. Seems like I will be needing a bit of luck as well as being a master.

Gradius
03-03-2012, 10:26 PM
This was perhaps the hardest one for me. What I noticed though is that you need to keep atacking once you are able to hit the marines. For me it was:

(After first attack) move about two spaces > attack > move about two spaces again > attack > repeat
Finally got em all. Looks like what I needed was a break. :P

I have to echo sandwich and say that was painful, and 27 sucked the most balls.

LordofAscension
03-08-2012, 05:29 PM
30 gave me the most trouble. But it just took some practice/experimentation with different strategies.

27 was easy once I figured out you could a move in the direction you were already traveling and if it turned and shot you were in the sweet spot. Also, you have to fly so the marines go on the outside of the rocks near each of the 4 corners, that will keep them from cutting the corner and hitting you on your turn.

The zealot hold one was also painful for me. I'm terrible at shift-clicking. I actually did it manually. By having 7 of them move down the side and selecting each one and then hitting hold so they were far enough away. You just have to learn the splash damage range so you don't try to do too much.

The rest were easy or just took a little practice.

~LoA

Twilice
03-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Banelings one was easy after you understood you could hotkey the groups before it started. Just hotkey every zealot before it started :P

Banshe, I think I understood how it worked. But they still got ahead of me at times.

TheProgramer
03-10-2012, 02:52 AM
Didn't have too much trouble wth 27, but the last one tooke me 45min. I was pissed off. I tell you I will NEVER be using that technique in a league game!

JackhammerIV
03-15-2012, 08:38 AM
This sounds great but I've literally not touched SC2 for ages.:D Maybe I'll try it once I finally finish watching the first season of GSL for 2012.

Caliban113
03-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Had to stop....got too mad.....many swearzz