PDA

View Full Version : Being able to remotely play BlizzCon demos in future BlizzCons?

Alex06
11-21-2011, 03:25 PM
So I received this E-mail about completing a BlizzCon survey, and I did. One thing I noticed was the idea of "Ability to remotely play the games being demoed on the show floor", which was an answer to the question "What would you like to see at future BlizzCon events for Virtual Ticket holders?"

Anyone like the idea? I'd have loved to have been able to test Blizzard DotA and HotS remotely.

TheEconomist
11-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Is any Blizzard fan supposed to say no?

Alex06
11-21-2011, 04:22 PM
The whole point is to get the idea to have exposure. If Blizzard is capable and willing to do it and has thought of it, and are asking us if they should do it, then I find it best to expose the idea to the public as much as possible and have Blizzard see that it is a very popular idea so that they focus on it and execute it.

TheEconomist
11-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Okay. All I read was "Play BlizzCon Demos ... Anyone like the idea?" :D

But, still, why would Blizzard even ask this? It's like asking if someone wants some free money. Durrrr!

Alar
11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Hell yes. I love that idea... I need to go fill out that survey and vote for that.

TheEconomist
11-22-2011, 06:37 PM
You're a part of the 99%. You do not have access to such wealth.

PhanttoM
11-23-2011, 05:11 PM
So I received this E-mail about completing a BlizzCon survey, and I did.

Based on the comments, I don't think that sentence made it totally clear - It was a feedback survey for people who purchased a BlizzCon 2011 Live Stream Virtual Ticket

(Unless of course you got a totally different mail)

TheEconomist
11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Filthy non-BlizzCon peasants. Always wanting what they can't have.

Crazy_Jonny
11-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Okay. All I read was "Play BlizzCon Demos ... Anyone like the idea?" :D

But, still, why would Blizzard even ask this? It's like asking if someone wants some free money. Durrrr!

Cmon, this is Blizzard, remember?

Do you really... want chatrooms? ;)

TheEconomist
11-28-2011, 08:05 PM
Do you really... want chatrooms?

Actually, that made a hell of a lot more sense. I have yet to use chat rooms even once since SC2's release and it's probably been about six or seven years for SCBW.

Genopath
12-09-2011, 06:35 PM
So I received this E-mail about completing a BlizzCon survey, and I did. One thing I noticed was the idea of "Ability to remotely play the games being demoed on the show floor", which was an answer to the question "What would you like to see at future BlizzCon events for Virtual Ticket holders?"

Anyone like the idea? I'd have loved to have been able to test Blizzard DotA and HotS remotely.

You know I actually suggested this on the feedback panels this past BlizzCon. Hell it might even be better than actually going. Considering the lines for D3 averaged around 1hour at peak times, sometimes even more. Here are my pro's and con's.

The con's I see

The biggest con for them it would be the chance of someone modifying the game and make it free. This is a big problem especially with their franchises that still require a lot of development. So it might be feasible for a game that's soon to be released. In this year's case it would have been D3.

The second con is that it would require time from the designers and artists restricting content for a beta version that would otherwise would have used to continue the regular development.

The pro's I see

The biggest advantage of doing this is that BC is taking advantage of segment based pricing. This is they are able to prize differently depending on the need and the value delivered. Say you really interested in playing the game but can't afford a trip to BlizzCon. This solution would work for you.

Secondly the WOM (Word of Mouth) is bigger. Marketing promotion on B2C right now, is all about social media. The more people playing the more the talk on the internet, the more promotion for the game.

Lastly, let's not forget the ultimate purpose of BC'demos and BETAs. Feedback. It's something that the designers from all the franchises have stated to be a cornerstone of game designing. More feedback, a better understanding of the market of gamers, this in turn would translate to a higher chance of success on the game's release.

Asfastasican
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Hate the idea. Why? Gives you less reason to go to Blizzcon.

Yeah sure, the event can be very pricey for some people and there will always be people that want to go every year, but so what? Blizzcon is very fun to experience once and once only for the average person. A real reason for that is being able to play 1-3 games and their content in advance of their release.

When it really comes down to it, the two only really unique things you can experience being there at Blizzcon is playing the games and watching a tournament in person. Everything else that really matters has internet coverage.