PDA

View Full Version : Infested Buildings

TheProgramer
11-19-2011, 01:11 AM
I think it'd be cool if the Infestor could infest Defensive buildings.

It could infest bunkers like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHdRgkUdQCc).
It could infest Planetary Fortresses like this (http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_lksz03efkS1qcx9hmo1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAJ6IHWSU3BX3X7X3Q&Expires=1321769263&Signature=NH4uNN7R%2Fk3IM7PVm4%2FvElAdcLo%3D).
It could also infest Missle Turrets creating a walking anti-air building/unit.
It could also infest Cannons essentialy creating a Zerg Dragoon (and if I had my choice it would look like a Zergy Dragoon).
It coudl aslo infest Spine and Spore Crawlers which would make them loose their "root" ability and allow them to shoot without having to be rooted, and would remove their movement speed penalty while off of creep.

Perhaps Queens could ALSO have this ability at a high energy cost to help zerg deal with early harass.

RamiZ
11-19-2011, 12:04 PM
It would be cool, but it would be pretty hard to balance.

TheEconomist
11-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Holy mother of Imba!

Quirel
11-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Screw multiplayer then. I'd love to see this in campaign.

RamiZ
11-19-2011, 02:50 PM
We will see something similar in Campaign I am pretty sure!

Sheliek
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I say make all or most buildings infestable as they were way back in Alpha for campaign.

TheEconomist
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Screw multiplayer then. I'd love to see this in campaign.

Pretty sure that's a given. Propably won't be every building, but at least a few of them we haven't seen.

TheProgramer
11-19-2011, 08:13 PM
It would be cool, but it would be pretty hard to balance.

I think it helps balance a un-balanced aspect of the game that Blizzard has said exists. The inability for Zerg to siege or in other words to break dug-in positions.

Most dug-in positions involve defensive stuctures. This ability might help break these positoins in WOL since it wont get the new units that HOTS is getting.

Might also help vs the forge fast expand.

TheEconomist
11-19-2011, 11:18 PM
Having the infestor be able to infest bunkers is one thing. Having them be able to infest Planetary Fortresses is another.

Also, it's already hard enough for a Protoss to keep up with Zerg's macro when they fast expand, it's doesn't need to be made harder by having Infestors have some kind of imba anti-forge fast expand. Although, either way, I'm pretty sure it'd be some what useless since what can an Infestor do given the amount of time it takes to tech and then store up energy.

RamiZ
11-20-2011, 04:54 AM
We will probably see Infestor evolution, like Zergling one, that is able to infest structures.

TheProgramer
11-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Having the infestor be able to infest bunkers is one thing. Having them be able to infest Planetary Fortresses is another.

Also, it's already hard enough for a Protoss to keep up with Zerg's macro when they fast expand, it's doesn't need to be made harder by having Infestors have some kind of imba anti-forge fast expand. Although, either way, I'm pretty sure it'd be some what useless since what can an Infestor do given the amount of time it takes to tech and then store up energy.

Thats why Queens have the ability also. Queens are slow and the energy cost would be high so that the Zerg could use it to break a forge fast expand but its not an inst-win. It'll take skill to react to the ffe. You'll have to save energy up and send the Queen in enouhg time that it'll get there when ur army does.

TheEconomist
11-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Okay, I will revise my statement.

Holy mother of awkward!

TheProgramer
11-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Okay, I will revise my statement.

Holy mother of awkward!

So is the Infestor magically creating infested Terrans in it's belly then spitting them up in egg form to hatch...

DemolitionSquid
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
So is the Infestor magically creating infested Terrans in it's belly then spitting them up in egg form to hatch...

To be fair, the lore of the Infestor is it consumes dead or dying Marine corpses off the battlefield.

TheEconomist
11-21-2011, 07:55 PM

I'm sorry, you must've thought I said 'illogical'. I said awkward. As in, meaning, obviously, sending a slow ass Queen to a fast expansion is awkard and stupid.

Alar
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
I would definitely love to see this for the campaign, at the very least. Any cool mechanics like that make me happy... especially if I get to see that Infested Bunker in-game.