PDA

View Full Version : What tilesets and missions we can expect from HotS.

Alex06
10-24-2011, 08:06 PM
I did this back with WoL, and I thought, what the heck, since they showed so many different videos and screenshots, it was time for me to do it again.

Here's what different tilesets and missions we have so far:

Kaldir 1 - Silence their Cries, this is from the demo back in May.

Kaldir 2 - This is the mission that follows, where you hunt down the retreating Protoss.

Char Acid Pools - War for the Brood, this is the other mission from the May 2011 demo.

Terran-centric Char - This was shown at BlizzCon's art panel.

Char/Swamp Jungle - This is the Jungle/Swamp seen in concepts and at BlizzCon's art panel.

Korhal Land - This is seen in the cinematics, with Arcturus' palace.

Korhal Sky - A Space platform in the sky. Seen in some screenshots.

Space Installation - This is probably the first mission of HotS. This tileset shows Kerrigan attacking some Marines.

Protoss Installation - This is one of the missions shown in the HotS BlizzCon trailer, where the Zerg Queen kills some animals.

Space Satellite - This is the mission where the Hyperion attacks a satellite in space. Looks like the Braxis Alpha tileset.

Dylar - Dylar is apparently a gas giant, and since this appears to be a station inside some kind of gas giant, I just decided to call it that. This is that tileset that was shown at BlizzCon, that has the custom Terran Missile Turrets.

Desert - Looks like the Mar Sara tileset. It's the Swarmling mission that was shown at BlizzCon. Considering how the Raptor mission is on Kaldir, I'd assume this is also used for a normal mission.

Crater world - This is seen in the HotS trailer, where Kerrigan's swarm appears to be colored purple, alongside Kerrigan. Some Zerg drop pods crash and you can see some crater doodads.

So it seems indeed that, like WoL, almost every mission is a different tileset.

If anyone wants to post screenshots/videos, feel free to. I don't have the patience nor time to get them all up and post them here, sorry. :P

Visions of Khas
10-25-2011, 06:45 PM
A few more can be found at the Art and Technology panel here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3R6ZqVQ3WE&feature=player_embedded)

DemolitionSquid
10-25-2011, 07:17 PM
With the ice tileset we can finally have a remake of "The Thing" UMS.

Which was totally not a set-up to me re-posting this gruesome slice of awesome.

8faq5amdK30

DeltaCadimus
10-26-2011, 05:13 AM
Space Installation - This is probably the first mission of HotS. This tileset shows Kerrigan attacking some Marines.

I'd change that to Moebius Research Installation.

Alex06
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I'd change that to Moebius Research Installation.
It's a space station, still. The space station's design was shown in the art panel; It is also a doodad.