PDA

View Full Version : Multi Patrol discovered?

Edfishy
08-20-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=100163

On August 19 2009 10:30 evanthebouncy! wrote:
The instruction was not clear on how to do the triangle. You must, while on your way to some location, shift-que patrol on all 3 locations instead of 2.

How to do it:

Make your zergling go to some random location, sufficiently long enough...

While ling is on the way, hold down your shift.
press (p)atrol, left click point A
press (p)atrol, left click point B
press (p)atrol, left click point C

So when your unit will draw triangle between A B C

basically, all points you want to patrol between must be hit with a patrol command. Originally I'm sure you guys are trying to patrol from A B C but only point B and C are "patrolled on to", so that's why you get BCBCBC.

Honestly, I had no idea this was possible. I talked with my brothers, and we all agree that we might have accidentally stumbled upon this from time to time, but some reason the thought of patrol only being "point a to point b" prevented us from realizing what we were doing.

This is really awesome for having Overlords patrol around your island or multiple key Ghost points, or to have Zerglings scout *every expansion*, all the time.

Baffles.

Hammy
08-20-2009, 03:55 AM
This is really useful. I often tried stuff like this in the middle of the game but it never stuck. I must have been doing it wrong^^

Mong0!
08-20-2009, 11:29 AM
that works? :O

Edfishy
08-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah it does, give it a try. Send some Zerglings to an off corner of your base, and before they get there, hold Right Shift and keep pressing P to give the Zerglings their path. Pretty neat.

Alzarath
08-20-2009, 02:29 PM
But I tried that before... was it in a recentish update?

Norfindel
08-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Holy shit!! It works!!! You must resort to use the right Shift, but it's not difficult to do. Incredible that this wasn't discovered until now.

Edfishy
08-23-2009, 01:58 AM
What's insane, is that it basically gives Zerg complete domination over a map. Scourge, Overlords, and Zerglings everywhere.

RoarMan
08-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Oshnaps!

No more linear patrolling for me Overlords :D

LoTuS
09-03-2009, 05:07 PM
it uses the same "bug" as stack worker attack with gas. great though.