PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Profile Fields

LordofAscension
05-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I've updated and added some profile fields that most of you will find familiar. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

~LoA

RainbowToeSocks
05-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I think there should be another line under your name that shows what race you play for others to see

RainbowToeSocks
Best ever
Zerg player

Something like that

Blazur
05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Favorite games
Favorite movie
Favorite music

Also, it would be nice if any fields left blank are suppressed.

Santrega
05-12-2009, 01:02 PM
Could you by any chance add Random to the Favorite Race Category? Or is it not favorite race to play? If it is favorite race lore wise... then nevermind... :P

Edfishy
05-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I wonder if there should be "Favorite Race" and "Most Played Race".

I personally like the Zerg more than the other races, but play Random.

Maybe not?

Santrega
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I wonder if there should be "Favorite Race" and "Most Played Race".

I personally like the Zerg more than the other races, but play Random.

Maybe not?

I certainly would like this... Simply because I can put random for my played race, because I love playing all 3 races... I believe protoss would be my favorite race lore-wise.

Edit - How about a profile addition that allows us to choose our favorite blizzard series? Out of Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, and WoW. I would especially like the ability to rank the 4 series in order of how I like them.

Mine would be Starcraft>Diablo>Warcraft>WoW

LordofAscension
05-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I changed the current race to ask which is your favorite lore-wise and added a new field asking you which is your favorite to play.

Any other ideas? Specifically ones that deal with SC? :D :D

<3

~LoA

Santrega
05-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I changed the current race to ask which is your favorite lore-wise and added a new field asking you which is your favorite to play.

Any other ideas? Specifically ones that deal with SC? :D :D

<3

~LoA

SWEET! Thanks :-)

1) Well, do you think favorite unit might be a good field to have? It would be cool if that showed up like under our post count or something too. :-P

2) Favorite single player character will be good for when the game actually is released, as right now we only know very few.

3) SC books read (I'm not sure how many there are now, maybe you know :-/ , I'll look the book names up if you want me to/choose to add this field)

4) Favorite game type to play in RTS games, and game type most likely to play in SC2

That's all I have for now :-P

LordofAscension
05-16-2009, 07:15 PM
SWEET! Thanks :-)

1) Well, do you think favorite unit might be a good field to have? It would be cool if that showed up like under our post count or something too. :-P

This is a good plan. Problem is that I'd have to show like 50+ units in a single drop-down menu :P

Though we could do fav SC/BW and fav SC2 to break it up into different fields.

2) Favorite single player character will be good for when the game actually is released, as right now we only know very few.

Good call - remind me of this when the games start coming out :P

3) SC books read (I'm not sure how many there are now, maybe you know :-/ , I'll look the book names up if you want me to/choose to add this field)

Good call again. A list would be most helpful.

4) Favorite game type to play in RTS games, and game type most likely to play in SC2

Another great idea. Which type are actually played now? Are you talking like melee/ums or 1v1/2v2/ffa?

Thanks for the help - I like a lot of these suggestions!

~LoA

Santrega
05-16-2009, 08:24 PM
The books I found on the blizzard store are as follows:

Liberty's Crusade
Speed of Darkness
Queen of Blades
Shadow of the Xel'Naga
The Dark Templar Saga: Shadow Hunters
The Dark Templar Saga: Firstborn
Starcraft Ghost : Nova
Starcraft: Frontline, Volume 1
Starcraft: Frontline, Volume 2
I, Mensk

These aren't in any particular order, but this is all I found on the blizzard store, so I figure these are the best ones to list.

Also, on the game types...

These are what I'd add:

-UMS
-Special Game types (Like capture the flag, etc)
-Solo
-2on2
-3on3
-4on4
-FFA

LordofAscension
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM
If someone would like to give me a list of all of the SC units I'll be happy to add this feature.

~LoA

n00bonicPlague
05-17-2009, 01:54 PM
If someone would like to give me a list of all of the SC units I'll be happy to add this feature.

~LoA

K...

TERRAN
SCV
Marine
Firebat
Ghost
Medic
Vulture
Spider Mine
Goliath
Siege Tank
Wraith
Battlecruiser
Science Vessel
Valkyrie
Nuke

ZERG
Drone
Overlord
Larva
Zergling
Hydralisk
Lurker
Scourge
Mutalisk
Guardian
Devourer
Queen
Broodling
Infested Terran
Ultralisk
Defiler

PROTOSS
Probe
Zealot
Dragoon
High Templar
Dark Templar
Archon
Dark Archon
Shuttle
Observer
Reaver
Scarab
Scout
Carrier
Interceptor
Arbiter
Corsair

EDIT: added spider mine to terran units

LordofAscension
05-17-2009, 03:11 PM
Nuke is a unit? lol I mean yeah it takes supply... but rly? ;)

~LoA

n00bonicPlague
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Nuke is a unit? lol I mean yeah it takes supply... but rly? ;)

~LoA
Why not? Overlords, interceptors, scarabs, larvae, spider mines (which I forgot to add btw), broodlings, and nukes are all special cases. They should all get a place.

Zabimaru
05-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Just wonder if the Xel-naga should be added to lore-wise? Not that we know much about them though... :p

Santrega
05-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey LoA, what do you think about a profile field which allows us to type in our favorite SC map? Maybe with an additional textbox which allows us to input an SC map file download link, and a description of the map?

This would allow us to pick our favorite map, tell others why its our favorite map, and allow them to download that map and try it for themselves.

Of course, if its a map that already comes with the game, it wont need to be downloaded :-P

:-D

LordofAscension
05-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Hey LoA, what do you think about a profile field which allows us to type in our favorite SC map? Maybe with an additional textbox which allows us to input an SC map file download link, and a description of the map?

This would allow us to pick our favorite map, tell others why its our favorite map, and allow them to download that map and try it for themselves.

Of course, if its a map that already comes with the game, it wont need to be downloaded :-P

:-D

Hey,

That's a great idea. The problem is that it could be abused. A link could go to a malicious site... etc. But we could probably add a text box for a fav map :)

Cheers,

~LoA

Santrega
05-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey,

That's a great idea. The problem is that it could be abused. A link could go to a malicious site... etc. But we could probably add a text box for a fav map :)

Cheers,

~LoA

Yeah, I thought of that. I just figured since links are allowed on the forum, it wouldn't hurt much. Maybe if you add some sort of warning to it telling people to make sure they trust the user before they click any links, as it might be malicious. However.. I imagine its not that important, I'm sure they could just PM the person and see if they can get the map from them.

Visions of Khas
05-21-2009, 01:01 AM
What ever happened to personalized titles beneath our names?

LordofAscension
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
It doesn't appear as though we're going this route this time. We have something hopefully interesting coming down the pipes but I guess we'll see how it goes.

~LoA