PDA

View Full Version : Additional forums perhaps?

Zero
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
As the forums begin to grow, we want to cater to our members as best as possible, while still maintaining our main focus on StarCraft.

One thing I would like to propose is for a primarily StarCraft and member-focused Image Gallery. This way we can offer critiques and showcase our artwork or art found elsewhere on the internet. When I say "member-focused", I mean topics like posting your own photographs, personal things that can help build us up into a better community. There has to be limitations, so we don't waste space with every art topic imaginable, but keep it within SC or our community.

How does everyone feel about this? And are there any other ideas that we should explore?

SpiderBrigade
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
So basically like a SC-themed image board? That could be cool. It might be necessary to do some work with the image-upload ability, though. I haven't fully explored all the options but it seems like it has a tendency to shrink images down automatically. If people start posting nice artwork and photos, that'd be bad IMO. I guess it's always possible to just host the images elsewhere but that removes some of the community-building effect as the image is only available through a link in that thread rather than being hosted here so you can do lots of different things with it.

n00bonicPlague
05-12-2009, 12:21 PM
I dig it. An SC focused image board would be sweet.

Another thing we could use is a "Blizzard General Discussion" forum, where we could talk about Blizzard events, non-SC Blizzard franchises, and just Blizzard in general.

sandwich_bird
05-12-2009, 12:49 PM
A chit-chat forum! Let the spamming rule once more :D

But seriously I'd like the off-topic board to contain more sub-sections like art and entertainment, science, video-game etc. Kinda like what we have at bf.

LordofAscension
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
We'll see where the activity goes - but the idea is to mostly keep this dedicated to SC.

~LoA