PDA

View Full Version : Can we minimize the header on forum pages?

Blazur
08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
I have the forum page bookmarked because I frequent it for information and discussions, not to appreciate the quality that went into that header work. When viewing the forums at 1280x800 I can only see the top thread and need to scroll down at least 800 pixels (past the stickies) just to get the relevant discussions I care about.

The large header graphic is cool for a homepage but counter-productive on a forum page where people only care about the text. After countless times having to scroll past it it's now becoming rather annoying...especially with the entire graphic being a hotspot which could be clicked inadvertently.

Can we consider a minimized design for the /forums/ section of the site? And if you feel the exaggerated header is so crucial to the aesthetics, at least consider some cookie mechanism to toggle the unnecessary header so it's not such a hindrance.

Thanks.

LordofAscension
08-03-2009, 12:40 AM
We have some major plans for the header on the forum to make it more useful but the point is taken and partially conceded. We could look into making a minimal header for use when actually displaying a board a la http://sclegacy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6 as opposed to making a minimal one for the whole /forums/

Thanks for your feedback,

~LoA