Welcome to StarCraft: Legacy 7.0, formerly code named: alpha. It has been several years since we first initiated the alpha project; five coders, six graphic artists, twenty content staff members, and hours of frustration later, we are pleased to reveal the fruits of our labor. As you may have noticed, SC:L 7.0 is primarily a graphical upgrade from our famous v6.0 skin that had lasted almost 5 years. In addition to the new skin, SC:L's article system and backend has been revamped, giving the SC:L staff unparalleled control of the content you see. While our recent downtime was longer than we anticipated, we are proud to return. Our commitment to delivering the highest quality of news coverage, as well as innovative & interesting in-house editorials, is unchanged. We have several editorials and features in the pipe, 5-by-5. Make sure you explore our new site.
Here is a short description of a few of our new site features:
- SC:L Official Forums - At long last, the StarCraft forums have split off from BlizzForums and are now hosted on SC:L, combining the two userbases into one of the largest online StarCraft communities. However, Blizzforums is an old forum with an exceedingly large database. Therefore, in order to not bog down the new forum database, Blizzforums's userbase shall be separate from and not part of SC:L. Users must reregister. However, if one wishes their post count restored, they should contact an administrator on the new forums.
- Blog System - As part of our evolution, SC:L is attempting to become more user friendly. To this end we have added a blogging feature to our site. We suggest that it be used primarily for StarCraft related subjects, but this is of course, a site for you.
- The Official SC:L Newsletter - We welcome back our popular site feature: "SC:L Weekly" as our official newsletter. To opt-in to our weekly recapping of all of your StarCraft related news from around the community be sure to click our new newsletter icon in the header.
In addition to our new features, SC:L has entered into some new and exciting partnerships. While the fruits of one are still secret (although that too is nearing completion), our other is poised to bring us many new benefits. SC:Legacy has joined the Org Network. That means we have teamed up with sites like Starcraft.org
, and Campaign Creations
to provide even greater coverage. The rewards of this new partnership are numerous. You'll see our event coverage evolve and our inter-site collaboration increase.
StarCraft: Legacy aims to be your definitive StarCraft lore resource. To this end we have added several new reference articles:
- StarCraft Story - The extremely popular StarCraft lore resource used by Blizzard employees themselves, our StarCraft story transcript has been rebuilt from the ground up - featuring remade images, HD videos, and the literally never-before-seen transcript of the alternate "First Strike" Protoss demo mission at Antioch first discovered by SC:L's Gradius.
- StarCraft Insurrection and Retribution - The two add-on packs for StarCraft are extremely rare and difficult to find as they are no longer in production. Nonetheless, these official Blizzard-authorized StarCraft add-on packs are a part of StarCraft canon. SC:L now has the text transcripts for both Insurrection and Retribution.
- StarCraft: Revelations and Hybrid - Two StarCraft short stories authored by Chris Metzen and Mickey Neilson appeared in the now-defunct Amazing Stories science-fiction magazine. They are no longer sold and are extremely rare. SC:L now has the text transcripts for both Revelations and Hybrid available.
Of course, what would a grand celebration be without prizes and contests? Over the course of the next week you will see many
contests begin here at SC:L. We have an incredible line-up of prizes and a very diverse selection of contests. To celebrate today, we're kicking things off with a very simple contest. The first 100 people to register at the new SC:L and email their username to lordofascension[at]sclegacy.com will be entered into a random drawing to win an extremely limited edition (20) print of the Tassadar control art, used to design the banner for SC:L 7.0, signed by your favorite SC:L staff member!
Continue to check SC:L for our new contest announcements all week long!
We sincerely hope you enjoy the new version of StarCraft Legacy and we encourage your feedback! If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to private message our staff or use the contact us form at the bottom of this page. What you see here today is by no means the end of the "alpha process"; we are already hard at work to produce additional content and site features - some of which are a very long time in coming. As always, SC:L staff is always vigilant when it comes to StarCraft news. Nonetheless, if you, our users, notice something interesting we missed please use the Submit News form to submit news tips to SC:L staff.
We look forward to continuing to bring you high quality professional StarCraft coverage. It is our great privilege to serve the community. A legacy never ends.
- View Comments